Don't have an account? Create one!

04/08/2008 + 04/09/2008 - Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom

AuthorMessage
angelscomeXscreaming
Fabulous Killjoy
angelscomeXscreaming
April 11th, 2008 at 03:57pm
wow you guys, this is just beyond amazing.
i wish the jersey kids had a little gig like this TT^TT

lucky all of you, we're stuck here in MSG!
Starless.Eyes.
Killjoy
Starless.Eyes.
April 12th, 2008 at 05:12pm
Setlist?
I didnt see it...
mikeyfuckinway6661
Killjoy
mikeyfuckinway6661
April 12th, 2008 at 06:51pm
my friend actually got handed the setlist.. lucky bitch.. lol.. I wrote down all of the songs but they are not in order
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
April 13th, 2008 at 01:13am
Can you still post it? Very Happy
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
April 13th, 2008 at 03:35pm
Hey, quick question (if anyone comes here....) How long was the concert? (I hate to be even asking...I wish the answer was forever, but hey...!)
sonic death riot
Killjoy
sonic death riot
April 13th, 2008 at 04:40pm
divineblindsoul:
Hey, quick question (if anyone comes here....) How long was the concert? (I hate to be even asking...I wish the answer was forever, but hey...!)

On the 9th, they came on at about 9 and the concert got over around 10:45? Maybe a little earlier. It had started around 7.
Bobard
Killjoy
Bobard
April 14th, 2008 at 01:49am
I went to both shows, met Ray + got a pic, met Frank + got an autograph, got an autograph from Mikey, a second one from Frank, was handed Bob's drumstick, and spent 115 bucks on merch. x_x I still wish I got the Toro shirt...

The second night was amazing, but the first seemed a little more warm because Geetard was so chatty. But it was cute on the second night, was it three or four times that he made the crowd sing happy birthday? Tehe
Oh, and I really liked what he said the first night about just wanting to inspire people to start a band. Everyone uses the whole 'MCR saved my life' thing too loosely, so you can never tell who's telling the truth. :/
divineblindsoul
Fabulous Killjoy
divineblindsoul
April 14th, 2008 at 11:03pm
Paper Moon:
divineblindsoul:

On the 9th, they came on at about 9 and the concert got over around 10:45? Maybe a little earlier. It had started around 7.

Hey thanks! I've got a train to catch after the show so you've been a big help!
evilbunny
Killjoy
evilbunny
April 14th, 2008 at 11:55pm
Bobard:

Oh, and I really liked what he said the first night about just wanting to inspire people to start a band. Everyone uses the whole 'MCR saved my life' thing too loosely, so you can never tell who's telling the truth. :/

I loved it when he said that! It was funny too, because while standing in line I saw two of the girls from Nekkid Frankie and later when Gerard said that they were screaming like crazy. After the show I saw them with the guys from Billy Talent and their manager. Their photo showed up later on the Billy Talent boards. Talk about inspired!! Well, who doesn't get inspired by the thought of Frankie naked?? Shocked
teenage_dirtbag23
Killjoy
teenage_dirtbag23
April 16th, 2008 at 11:20am
Bobard:
I went to both shows, met Ray + got a pic, met Frank + got an autograph, got an autograph from Mikey, a second one from Frank, was handed Bob's drumstick, and spent 115 bucks on merch. x_x I still wish I got the Toro shirt...

The second night was amazing, but the first seemed a little more warm because Geetard was so chatty. But it was cute on the second night, was it three or four times that he made the crowd sing happy birthday? Tehe

OK like my mm gave him a letter earlier that day at the signing, and he said he would definitely read it, as moms dont usually do that. My mom said in the letter that she wanted to thank them for not only saving lives, but for inspiring me to do what i love to do: Start a rock band to follow in MCR's footsteps. its probably a coincidence but whatever......
it still made me go : In Love
evilbunny
Killjoy
evilbunny
April 16th, 2008 at 11:38am
teenage_dirtbag23:

OK like my mm gave him a letter earlier that day at the signing, and he said he would definitely read it, as moms dont usually do that. My mom said in the letter that she wanted to thank them for not only saving lives, but for inspiring me to do what i love to do: Start a rock band to follow in MCR's footsteps. its probably a coincidence but whatever......
it still made me go : In Love

That's so cool!!
teenage_dirtbag23
Killjoy
teenage_dirtbag23
April 16th, 2008 at 09:16pm
Thanks much In Love for you
lmao
xmcrdeadx
Killjoy
xmcrdeadx
April 18th, 2008 at 05:56pm
i went on the 8th are you kids in portland always that tame there was like no mosh at all and i didnt get front Barrier because there were a buch of little kids in front of me LAME...and if the girl with the bow i freeked out during helena is on here sorry ....did anyone get a pic of mikey in the mikey fuck way shirt?
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
April 21st, 2008 at 05:07pm
I must say ... this show was the best night of my life.
I was there on the 8th but didn't make the second day ... I REALLY wanted to go for Gee's birthday! Crying or Very sad Oh well. One night was more than I could ever hope for, and it was better than I could have imagined.
My first MCR concert ... my first "real" concert, in my opinion.
The Crystal Ballroom was such a lovely venue. "Intimate", as Gerard put it.
Wow, just, wow. I loved that so much. I'll never forget it. Ever, ever, ever.

I wrote about it on my blog. I wrote so much, lol. I could write that all again here but instead I'll just link you to the post on my blog. Wow, that night was simply too amazing ... *remembers ... *

http://cowgirl4christ3168.blogspot.com/2008/04/very-much-alive_13.html