Don't have an account? Create one!

February 26, 2008 -Gerard Way 'lies' about TUA

AuthorMessage
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
March 1st, 2008 at 11:59pm
Lol. I went to the buzznet thingy. And the pictures are funny. : D
Spamage, I know. I just don't have anything IMPORTANT TO SAY about this, except that the pictures were funny. : D
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
March 1st, 2008 at 11:59pm
PAGE CLAIMAGE. : D
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
March 2nd, 2008 at 12:19am
If that guy is honestly pissed off about all that stuff, he would have said something way before now.
Nobody would just stand there and let someone rip them off for years and not say anything.
I just want to know why he's choosing now to do it.
He should have done it about year ago if he wanted to piss off a lot of people because MCR isn't really that popular anymore.

PS: For as long as I can remember, guys named Gerard are nicknamed "Gerry" rather than "Garry".
Odd.
laura_h
Killjoy
laura_h
March 2nd, 2008 at 01:26am
[link]http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/02/gerard_way_accused_of_plagiari.htm[/link]
kerrang:

Gerard Way accused of plagiarism

My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way has been accused of plagiarism by a former employer.

Hart Fisher, from independent comic publishers Boneyard Press, has alleged that Garry Way (as he knew the singer at the time) stole lyrics and ideas from comics he worked on while at the company.

An extract from Fisher's online blog is as follows:

''I'm fed up with this bullshit, and I'm coming clean with it very, very publicly this week. I have video proof that anyone else could find... You know, the kid I knew as Garry was a smart, sensitive teenager who was overly concerned about what other people thought of him. He worried way too much about his appearance and his image. I do not know why he is lying. I remember being very sincere in my pride in his work for Boneyard Press. You can't tell me he didn't do store signings with all of his buddies at the local comic book store. Every kid's book I ever published, they all did it, and when I first got published I couldn't wait to do a signing either. So why did all those folks at the stores and where he grew up, why are they all lying too? A lie by omission is still a lie.

“The part I'm most sick of... I'm not going to let my fans, my readers, nor the people that worked so hard on these books be cheated out of their due... I'm not going to let any motherfucker call my guys a pack of liars, not an anonymous stranger and not some rock star who forgot who his first fans were. A fucking rock star who forgot just who was in his corner and encouraging him when NO ONE else was, when he was just another fat kid with a bowl haircut who got pushed around at school, who was building you up then Garry? Who went on the record and pumped you up in print for the world to see? Who was that guy on the other end of that phone when you needed him?'

Representatives for My Chemical Romance have not issued a statement on the matter as yet.

and then:
[link]http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/03/gerard_speaks.html [/link]

Kerrang:

Gerard speaks!

My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way has responded to accusations of plagiarism by former employer Hart Fisher of independent comicbook publishers Boneyard Press.

Responding to a post from Fisher's online blog, Way told MTV news:

"I sent [Hart] an email years ago, before we finished [Three Cheers For Sweet] Revenge, thanking him for believing in me, and never got a response. I'm not ashamed of what I did for him, and wanted to see him in person and thank him. I've never had the chance."
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
March 2nd, 2008 at 08:54am
I'm annoyed at how Kerrang have made this out to be such a big thing.
It's not much of a huge deal really
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 2nd, 2008 at 09:00am
heartagram.:

Urgh, I know right? D: It was over before it even begun, actually.
Sheesh.
guaditadark_mcr
Killjoy
guaditadark_mcr
March 2nd, 2008 at 04:14pm
((you know, this is probably just some guy who's jealous because he isn't getting famous off of all the hard work Gerard has put into everything. I think we should all just ignore him or else he's getting the attention he doesn't deserve.))

amen to that......come on guys!!...
what happen to the people? why is everyone trying to disturb them?.....
Disgust
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 2nd, 2008 at 04:28pm
heartagram.:
They're only doing their job. They are, after all a music magazine that does music news. It's not like they posted it every 5 minutes going: "OMG LOL GARRY GETS ACCUZED UF PLAGERIZM!".
Harkness
Salute You in Your Grave
Harkness
March 2nd, 2008 at 07:18pm
I think it's best if everyone let it go. If you ignore it, it'll go away. Be angry all you want, just don't bring attention to Fisher. He's an (excuse my foul language) attention whore. Everything's really fine.

Honestly I think that people are looking for ways to bring down MCR. The band hasn't really had anything bad about them for a few years and possibly for the life span of the band. They're just guys making music, not getting drunk and going to rehab like half the people you hear about. people are just trying to bring up some of the smallest things and stupid times to gain attention and bring them down.

And the person who posted before me is right, it's not their fault, they posted it yes, but they just said the facts. They weren't screaming to the world that Gerard is a horrible person.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
March 3rd, 2008 at 06:42am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
OMG LOL GARRY GETS ACCUZED UF PLAGERIZM!.
rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor God, I love you, Lyc
MCRmy.Dark.Knife
Killjoy
MCRmy.Dark.Knife
March 3rd, 2008 at 09:18am
writerGrrl:
Fireplug.:

Errr.
Things that make you go MMM is complete crap.
It isn't an official DVD for the band.
Ever watched Life on the Murder Scene? There's the real biography.

Yes, that was how I got into MCR. I got it from the library by mistake, watched it, and fell in love. [spam]

Wow...
Your library sure rockxz...
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 3rd, 2008 at 10:23am
Garry's mom should pay this guy a visit.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 3rd, 2008 at 10:47am
^^ Somehow, I have a visual of Mama Way kicking this guy's ass.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
March 3rd, 2008 at 10:57am
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 11:41am
heartagram.:

lmfao

"Garry's hungry."
OMG I snorted at that... trying not to laugh and then I burst into a fit of giggles here in the guidance office. Shifty
Oops.
Morgaine.
Jazz Hands
Morgaine.
March 3rd, 2008 at 11:46am
Woah - that "Garry" sure got this guy's pants in a knot..... Gerard doesn't even owe anyone an explanation on this .... if you had to thank everybody that ever did anything for you then you would be too busy doing anything else right? The guy is just trying to get his name out there and I have a feeling it might bite him in the arse...
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 3rd, 2008 at 12:38pm
Garry wants a cookie.
carolaisabel
Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
March 3rd, 2008 at 12:38pm
wickedjulesesq:
Garry's mom should pay this guy a visit.

Maybe we should all pay him a visit Twisted Evil frankly I find the guy pathetic to say the least, he is not gonna get anywhere with any of this crap, he´s just losing his time and making us lose ours, let´s stop talking about this!!!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 3rd, 2008 at 12:48pm
You would think that a publisher would take some grammar courses. I mean, I know that these were the years before spell-check, but seriously, this is simple grammar structure. "No question's asked?" "It read's like a bad episode of NYPD Blue?" The apostrophe shows ownership. They teach that in what, 2nd grade? You are a publisher, sir. You're putting things out in print. When you bungle grade-level grammar, you lose A LOT of credibility. Not to mention, had you stuck around to learn about semantics, none of this would be going on in the first place.

Personally, I'm glad that "Garry" got out from under your shadow and gave the world something of beauty and substance when he gave us Umbrella Academy. I'm glad he reached out and touched lives in a positive way, by forming a band that celebrates life, and that uses their fame to help others.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
March 3rd, 2008 at 01:01pm
^ I love what you wrote, psychochip, especially
psychochip:
Personally, I'm glad that "Garry" got out from under your shadow and gave the world something of beauty and substance when he gave us Umbrella Academy. I'm glad he reached out and touched lives in a positive way, by forming a band that celebrates life, and that uses their fame to help others.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. And all that Hart guy gives the world is "Boneyard Bitches Gone Wild". Sad. No