Don't have an account? Create one!

February 26, 2008 -Gerard Way 'lies' about TUA

AuthorMessage
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 3rd, 2008 at 01:47pm
She is absolutely right!

It is just sad he even has to deal with this, and even more so that some journalists are paying attention to a non-story. There is no issue -- Hart hasn't accused him of stealing TUA nor has he come through with his claims that lyrics were lifted from his ideas.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 3rd, 2008 at 02:15pm
Jules read and reposted my original musings on this subject (thanks, sweetie!) and I stand by that and this, which I posted later:

psychochip:
I've done a little more reading and research into the matter, and I completely stand by my previous post. This Hart guy seems like a complete and utter skeeze. I'm actually embarrassed for Gerard that he ever worked for him, but I have to remind myself that he was 15-16 years old and about as geeky and self-conscious as they come (I can completely and rather painfully relate) and wanted something, *anything*, to stand out from the crowd and get out from the teasing and other atrocities that is high school for the non-perfect. For this guy to help out a chubby little loser kid, then rub his face in it 15 years later once he's gotten his shit together and done something amazing -- what a fucking dick. Not to mention he's accusing Gerard of plagarizing his work in MCR's music -- that's a pretty hefty claim that he'd better be willing to back up, put his money where his mouth is. I'm sure Reprise's lawyers would like to rip him a new one if it turns out he's slandering and libeling Gerard. However, in the interest of fairness, Gerard would need to be willing to admit it, if this guy's able to prove it. Gerard is a wicked creative genius, though, so I'm willing to stand in his corner and wave his flag on this one.

Until this guy proves any wrong-doing on Gerard's part, all he's done is shown the world his true colors. And as it has been pointed out several times before, Gerard has *never* claimed TUA as his *first* published work. It just goes to show, when fame comes to your door, that it's very easy to find out who your *true* friends are. I sincerely hope that Gerard is able to take this and make something positive come out of it.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:41pm
Team: FEED GARRY!

lmfao
Sorry! I couldn't stop thinking about that all day. I just picture one of those hungry hungry hippo shirts with Garry's face on it >.> lmfao. You know, the one's that say "I never really was that hungry!"
Venom_Blast
Killjoy
Venom_Blast
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:50pm
1) tbh, no offence but who cares whether its gerards first, second or eleventy-twelth comic. the point is, it rocks and thats all that matters.
2) apocolypse suite: well said, my girl
3) *pfft* garry...
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:51pm
x-starless-eyes-x:
3) *pfft* garry...
Don't "*pfft* Garry. He has feelings too.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 3rd, 2008 at 03:52pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
x-starless-eyes-x:
3) *pfft* garry...
Don't "*pfft* Garry. He has feelings too.

rofl
XD

and ba ba baba!!!

Tehe
watchmen
Devil's Got Your Number
watchmen
March 3rd, 2008 at 05:35pm
i don't think this is that big a deal at all.

so what if it wasn't his first comic? i still love it just the same.
and i didn't buy it only because it was his first comic, i bought it because my two greatest passions are music (my chemical romance being one of my favorite bands) and comic books.

doesn't matter, the umbrella academy is still great, and is only getting more publicity becuse of this jerk bringing it up.
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
March 3rd, 2008 at 10:23pm
So this is all like...making me bang my head into the wall. As somebody who draws comics and is involved with this crap...this guy is being rediculous. It's like...one of my teachers at SVA wrote a comic called 'Goddess of War', right, which is kind of self explanatory, it's about the Goddess of War hating her job as the goddess of war. And let's say ten years from now, I do a WWII comic, or I write some WWII story, I dunno. And she pops out of nowhere and is like, "Hey! Bitch! You stole my story! You were only 17 the last time I was involved in your art, but you stole all my life's work!"

No offense, but what would the point be?

[EDIT: Oh god, I just realized one of my Cartooning teachers has the last name Hart! Except he's Tom Hart, and he's a great guy.]

Jealousy and greed...
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
March 4th, 2008 at 01:26am
so Mr. Fisher was like the 'mentor' of gerard back then...shouldnt that Hart guy be proud that his once student learned something from him and technically uses that knowledge in a more sensible way....if he(hart) really want some credits then he should've bring it out way before Gerard released TUA.......that Hart guy is just using Gerard's fame as well as my chemical romance's and TUA's fame to uplift their losing comic company....
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
March 4th, 2008 at 06:07am
Also...rereading Mr. Hart's statement...it makes him sounds rather manipulative. And trust me, in my younger and more vulnerable years (AKA my geeky, chubby years...) and even up through today...I know what manipulation sounds like. To me, it sounds like when 16 year old 'Garry' was working for him, he had -quite- a bit of influence...

On another note, y'know what? Fuckin' KUDOS to Gerard for getting a comic published at 16, even if it was by that creepy skeeze-ball. A kudos for obviously (from what I've seen of the scans) being so damn good at it, before he even went into art school. I've taken Cartooning courses at SVA as well...I've been around...From what I've seen of the scans, he's got a better grip on it than some of the fourth year students. I'm pretty jealous.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
March 4th, 2008 at 10:25pm
yes u're right, he does sound like a damned credit-hogger. as in he's pissed that Gee 'forgot to thank him' or some shit. (and those goddamn mean references to a chubby kid with a bowl haircut...damn him) hello! the fact that u could be so seriously pissed at smthg like that shows what a big man u're being. sure.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 5th, 2008 at 07:29am
psychochip:
Jules read and reposted my original musings on this subject (thanks, sweetie!) and I stand by that and this, which I posted later:

psychochip:
I've done a little more reading and research into the matter, and I completely stand by my previous post. This Hart guy seems like a complete and utter skeeze. I'm actually embarrassed for Gerard that he ever worked for him, but I have to remind myself that he was 15-16 years old and about as geeky and self-conscious as they come (I can completely and rather painfully relate) and wanted something, *anything*, to stand out from the crowd and get out from the teasing and other atrocities that is high school for the non-perfect. For this guy to help out a chubby little loser kid, then rub his face in it 15 years later once he's gotten his shit together and done something amazing -- what a fucking dick. Not to mention he's accusing Gerard of plagarizing his work in MCR's music -- that's a pretty hefty claim that he'd better be willing to back up, put his money where his mouth is. I'm sure Reprise's lawyers would like to rip him a new one if it turns out he's slandering and libeling Gerard. However, in the interest of fairness, Gerard would need to be willing to admit it, if this guy's able to prove it. Gerard is a wicked creative genius, though, so I'm willing to stand in his corner and wave his flag on this one.

Until this guy proves any wrong-doing on Gerard's part, all he's done is shown the world his true colors. And as it has been pointed out several times before, Gerard has *never* claimed TUA as his *first* published work. It just goes to show, when fame comes to your door, that it's very easy to find out who your *true* friends are. I sincerely hope that Gerard is able to take this and make something positive come out of it.

Absolutely! Everything you've written is dead on!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
March 5th, 2008 at 07:38am
Thanks, Jules. *kisses* I have a ton of respect for you, and that means a lot to me.

At this point, however, since the entire thing has been proven to be completely moot, I would rather like to see the whole subject just all go away. Hart got what he wanted; sadly, it came at Gerard's expense. He needs to just take his ill-gotten publicity and go, but know that everyone he's ever worked with is more than likely looking at him differently, and waiting for that knife between their own shoulderblades, and everyone who might work for him in the future will be twice as cautious, because he's shown himself as what he really is. People know that if he did something like that to Gerard, it's only a matter of time before he'll do it to them as well. Comic book people are a tight-knit group, and stories make the rounds. This one will as well, and I imagine that it will not have the fallout that Hart wants it to have. Remember the old saying -- "you might have won this battle, but you will lose this war." It's all karma, and we all know how she is.
AnKoR.1.08
Killjoy
AnKoR.1.08
March 10th, 2008 at 09:04am
Oie.. I was freaking out when I read this... now I see that it has been resolved...?
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
March 10th, 2008 at 01:04pm
^ idk, silly news like this, they're ... easy come, easy go. gerard did the right thing by not commenting further on this issue.
Aubrey Urine
Killjoy
Aubrey Urine
July 9th, 2008 at 08:52pm
Wow.
I cannot beleive this, if this guys side of the story is true.
Then, my views on Gerard have changed a little bit.
No one should be allowed to lie like that, not even Gerard mother effin' Way.
I'm gonna call him Garry now.
If I see him anytime soon, I'll address him like that. lol
I thought it was quite funny [but harsh] how he called him "just another fat kid with a bowl haircut who got pushed around at school"
Man, that sucks though.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 9th, 2008 at 09:25pm
Aubrey Urine:
Then, my views on Gerard have changed a little bit.
No one should be allowed to lie like that, not even Gerard mother effin' Way.
But Gerard didn't lie about anything - he and Scott Allie both acknowledged "On Raven's Wings," and G was on television in support of Hart. Hart went about this all wrong - he should have capitalized. What did Gerard ever do to you to change your views on him?
Dr. Spencer Reid
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Spencer Reid
July 10th, 2008 at 07:11pm
I only have one thing to say about this Hart character, and if it's out of line then it's out of line, but this is it:

Wow killah, why don't you dry your eyes, climb off the cross, use the wood to build a pretty little bridge, and get the [pardon my french] fuck over it?
Nobody thinks you're a hero, honestly.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
July 22nd, 2008 at 09:37am
what so hes saying gee lied?
not too big of deal anyway
i thought everyone already knew that gee had tried all this b4
like he tried cartoonnetworka dn everything too
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 22nd, 2008 at 09:40am
demolitionloversmway:
what so hes saying gee lied?
not too big of deal anyway
i thought everyone already knew that gee had tried all this b4
like he tried cartoonnetworka dn everything too
Bah, why did his cartoon get rejected on Cartoon network anyways?