Don't have an account? Create one!

05/04/2008 - Columbus, OH - Lifestyle Communities Pavillion

AuthorMessage
Ultrapeepi
Killjoy
Ultrapeepi
May 5th, 2008 at 10:15pm
Oh and I CANNOT BELIEVE they played Jetset.
Definitely made my night.

Though I was hoping for either Hang 'em High, Venom, or Heaven Help us...
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 5th, 2008 at 10:58pm
TBA was a typo--they meant TBS--Taking Back Sunday.

Oooh, I didn't know he wasn't supposed to say! Was that what he was flipping out about? I couldn't hear too well from the mosh pit; I still can't hear too well out of my left ear. I remember hearing Gerard say something about, "I wanted fireballs, dammit" or something like that. Did anyone hear that bit better than I did?

Edit: ^^^I'm with you; I wanted to hear "Heaven Help Us" and "Venom" but I was pleased to hear "Jetset," too.

Also, I got me a Theatre shirt. Totally sweet!
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
May 6th, 2008 at 03:33pm
TBA is Taking Back Sunday.
I know. It was definitely wow. Wish I could've see more of Toro though.
Before the show, I never thought much of Billy Talent, I mean I knew they were going to be there and all, but it was just like whatever.
But after I saw them live, I just fucking love them!!!
kingisntokay
Killjoy
kingisntokay
May 6th, 2008 at 04:34pm
TAKING BACK SUNDAY?!?!!?
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 6th, 2008 at 05:23pm
At The Pageant, they said they were taking a 2 year break. So, are they touring with Taking Back Sunday after the 2 year break? Or was he just saying that 2 year break thing?
g.hostFACER!
Jazz Hands
g.hostFACER!
May 6th, 2008 at 06:12pm
Oh my gosh. That concert was INCREDIBLE Clap

As SOON as they ran on stage, I started sobbing. It was my first My Chem concert.. so of course I was crying half of the time.
The mosh pit was amazing. GAH!
OOOH and I fell in LOVE with Drive By. Got their CD, signatures, & HUGS! ooh yeah Dance

I miss it. LORD it was awesome!
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 7th, 2008 at 12:17am
I'm so sad it's over; I wish I could go back. T_T

But anyway, I sort of figured that Drive By is done with MCR, and TBS is going to tour with them the last few days. Is that accurate?

Drive By was quite good, but Billy Talent intrigued me more. Heard of him (them?) but never heard the music before. Is Billy Talent a band, or the name of the lead singer?

Oh, and (forgive me) but I think MCR seemed a little tired. Gerard didn't say a whole lot of random stuff, and didn't dance that much, and Frank didn't go crazy with his guitar as I'm used to seeing. They all seemed rather stationary. I could barely see Ray, 'cause he was on the opposite side of the stage (I was more to the left in the pit).
NDirishKC
Killjoy
NDirishKC
May 7th, 2008 at 02:55am
TBS is playing one whow with My Chemical Romance in New york on May 9th

I was at the the St Louis show the night before and I think Frank was kinda sick...after Famous Last Words he looked like he was gonna vommit, so maybe thats why Frank wasnt going crazy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
May 7th, 2008 at 04:45pm
My first MCR concert, too.
So, so, so inspirational.
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
May 7th, 2008 at 04:54pm
I found a video of the ending of this concert on youtube...
It's about 30 seconds of Helena, I think??
Well, anyhow the quality isn't good, but it's the only thing I can find so far.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4_1bVQH9Q44
Fear;;
Motor Baby
Fear;;
May 7th, 2008 at 07:16pm
Billy Talent is the band.
Benjamin Kowalewicz is the lead singer.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 7th, 2008 at 10:27pm
Yeah, all you have to do is look up "MCR Columbus" and you'll find at least six or seven grainy vids from the concert. I watched 'em all. ^_^

Oh, thanks for the info. on Billy Talent. I might actually get some of their music; it was quite good.

Annnd, who was on the backdrop, anyway? Two football players? I don't know who they were...
Amanda Shotgun
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Shotgun
May 9th, 2008 at 06:17pm
Solitary Style.:
Yeah, all you have to do is look up "MCR Columbus" and you'll find at least six or seven grainy vids from the concert. I watched 'em all. ^_^

Oh, thanks for the info. on Billy Talent. I might actually get some of their music; it was quite good.

Annnd, who was on the backdrop, anyway? Two football players? I don't know who they were...

If you noticed, that football players had on jerseys that said My Chemical Romance
Amanda Shotgun
Bleeding on the Floor
Amanda Shotgun
May 9th, 2008 at 08:33pm
Amanda Shotgun:
Hey, can someone tell me Billy Talent's setlist?
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
May 9th, 2008 at 08:49pm
Does anybody have any specific quotes from any of the bands that you can remember?
I'm trying to preserve the memory=)
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
Killjoy
Raiseyourglasshigh;;
May 9th, 2008 at 08:53pm
Oh I heard the "fireballs..." thing too.
I asked a friend who was there if she understood what he said, and she told me he was saying something about how other bands have all kinds of extras, and theatrics and fireballs, lol.
And he "wanted fireballs, dammit."
I don't know if that's any help but that's what I hear it was about.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 9th, 2008 at 10:09pm
Haha, fireballs.

I enjoyed right before "Prison" Gee kept saying, "Lemme hear y'all justify." And then the audience would scream.

Other quotes? There weren't a whole lot. Gee did apologize for missing last year's Columbus concert, due to food poisoning. He said, "You didn't get to see the Black Parade, before we killed them off." And he talked about how this would be the last tour for a few years, so we wouldn't see them again for awhile. The audience all screamed, "NOOOOOO!"

Oh, and Gee did comment about all the people in the front, moshing, and thanked us. I was in the sixth row, I think. Smile

I did notice the jerseys on the football players, but I just wondered who they were, if they had any significance to them.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 9th, 2008 at 10:10pm
God, I wish the MSG show was televised, or available online! I'm beside myself, knowing they're playing the show of their lives, and I'm sitting at home!
chris pine.
Ghost in the Snow
chris pine.
May 10th, 2008 at 07:53pm
that was the most amazing concert ever.
uhdunno2005
Killjoy
uhdunno2005
May 10th, 2008 at 08:58pm
I was in the pit 4th row in front of Frank. They did look tired imo. I wish Gee would've interacted with us more like he did the last time they played there but still was psyched about being there. To answer the person who wanted quotes, there was that slapping his leg thing wanting us to clap but everyone was like wtf? Then he proceded to mention it was in a movie. And I'll probably get bashed for mentioning being disappointed about this but I'm gonna. Why the hell are they forbidding cameras now? I understand some venues forbid it but this was per bands request. Why? These kids just wanna preserve a memory. Is it hurting anyone, really? They allowed them last time with no problems, providing no professional quality cameras. If its video they're worried about then only allow disposable cameras. I guess thats my only bitch. I just wish I had more than a MFWay shirt, a ticket and a mental memory, that's all. Oh and I heard Frank came out later by the buses. Anyone know of this?