Don't have an account? Create one!

March 7th, 2008 - Gerard at SVA

AuthorMessage
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 7th, 2008 at 07:34am
Edited for clarification: I did not get to go, the following is a blog I found this morning and wanted to share. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

source

tabitha
March 7th, 2008 at 08:14am
Thanks for posting that, Jules. I was wondering what that would be like.

Did Debs get to go? I know she was trying to go....*crossed fingers*
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 7th, 2008 at 08:15am
I don't know, but I really hope she did!
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
March 7th, 2008 at 08:18am
WOW! Thanks so much for posting this. I was dying to find out how the lecture went Mr. Green
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 7th, 2008 at 08:18am
Wow amazing Jules! I can't believe he loves the Prisoner! I love that show. They filmed it in North Wales, not too far from where i grew up. It's such a cult show. I've visited the set, even stayed there in a cottage. It's in a sort of italian village on the coast called Portmerrion. Wow, i'm grinning from ear to ear because he likes that. Smile
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 7th, 2008 at 08:30am
Thanks for posting!
That's awesome!
I had a lot of fun reading that.
: ' DD

lmfao at the Breakfast Monkey tampon, good lord.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 7th, 2008 at 08:36am
Wow that was so cool. I wish I could've gone to that.
he seemed so laid back & genuine
try putting the recording on sendspace or something.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
March 7th, 2008 at 08:41am
Oh and for the record. I can tie a knot in a cherry stalk too. I taught myself to do it after Audrey Horne did it on Twin Peaks. Smile
Citizen Erased.
Salute You in Your Grave
Citizen Erased.
March 7th, 2008 at 08:50am
Wow..........I just gained even more respect for Gee. Very Happy That was amazing. Thank you for posting it.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 7th, 2008 at 10:33am
Thanks so much for that.

I love the comment he said about Lyn-Z and everything else was brilliant too, I hope you can get the videos for us.
SoftSpirit
Killjoy
SoftSpirit
March 7th, 2008 at 10:41am
Hey!

I was there too yesterday, with my friend. We were the two Russian girls that raised our hands.
I thought the Detroit thing was really funny. We were laughing about that a lot later.

I asked the question about meeting one person in history. I remember he scrunched up his face in that trademark way of his for that one. Haha. And the answer was just, so cute.

My friend asked the question about what his favorite font is. He got really excited about that one. The first time he's been asked that!
He mentioned Trajan and Futura Bold as his favorite fonts. Everyone was like, please don't say "Comic Sans". Lol. He said something about a Fiesta font too. And Serif and Sans serif. (Forget which one he said he liked)

And Alex Toth-that was the artist he mentioned as his biggest inspiration. "I will always be chasing that..."

I forget though, what was that Comic book that he mentioned as "changing his life". It was issues 00 and 01 that he specified.

Omgosh, and X-Men! He bought the issue with Wolverine Crucified on the cover. And he was saying how, being Catholic, his parents weren't going to like that. Lol.

Oh, and my favorite quote from the evening was, (It just really spoke to me, I guess, because I hope to go to SVA next year. I recently got accepted! Smile )

"You have to live, breathe, eat, shit art" or at least, it was something along those lines.

Anyway, Thank-you so much for the write-up! I was hoping that someone would do one, because I knew that I'd forget everything.

Overall it was such a fun, entertaining experience.
I got a chance to give him a sketch that I did of the band!
I posted it, here, http://softspirit118.deviantart.com/art/My-Chemical-Romance-79338964

I never thought I'd find myself laughing so much at a "lecture", and learning so much too. So amusing and great.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 7th, 2008 at 10:52am
Crying or Very sad That sounds amazing, I'm really glad you got to go. I would have loved being there not because it's ZOMGGERARDWAY, but learning about something like that from someone who's had firsthand experience is just awesome. I can't draw for nuts, but I've always been interested in (read: extremely jealous of) art and artists. It sounds so cool that you got to hear it from him without the whole mychem persona thing. (:

Thanks for posting! And Lol at the cherry stalk thing. xD Who woulda thunk?
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
March 7th, 2008 at 10:59am
Oh yeah, video or a recording would be awesome.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
March 7th, 2008 at 12:16pm
Hey guys, I was reposting a blog I saw this morning and wanted to share. I didn't get to go. I had linked it at the begining of my post as source. I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Hanging my head in embarrassment for being unclear.

But I think it is so cool that Sasha got to go. Did he still have facial hair?

And I was laughing at the Detroit comment because I work downtown and most of my friends describe this city as everything from retro to a warzone.

Again, I apologize for not being more clear. I am keeping my eyes open for a video though.

Here is another account with a picture: Pop_Rock_Whore.
rainbow pieces.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rainbow pieces.
March 7th, 2008 at 01:29pm
Does anyone else squirm at the thought of Gerard saying tampon, or is it just me?!?!
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 7th, 2008 at 01:50pm
Now that you mention it, a little bit, yeah. xD
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 7th, 2008 at 02:01pm
Wow, lucky people who went there! I hope a video or some kind of recording shows up soon.
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
March 7th, 2008 at 02:13pm
He's so terribly cute!! In Love
Thanks for posting/sharing you guys!
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
March 7th, 2008 at 03:21pm
I am at work so I just have time to say I had to have my coworker check my pulse after seeing that picture as it made my heart stop from cuteness. Okay. Fangirl moment over.
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
March 7th, 2008 at 04:52pm
Awww In Love
I want to go buy cherries now >.>