Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
March 31st, 2008 at 01:10am
^^^ so annoyed the pumpkins didn't play disarm. or zero. and they finished earlier than on the timetable, so surely they could've squeezed it in. but shouldn't complain... i never thought i'd get to see them live so i guess you have to pick your battles. the britney thing was hilarious though. everyone around us was like wtf. "oh my god that billy's shameless"
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 31st, 2008 at 01:15am

I know!
My friend & I were standing there going ''...is that it?''
But then it wasn't toooo bad, because we ran over & saw like one song of The Presets ;D
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
March 31st, 2008 at 01:24am
i was so bummed they were on at the same time, because i passed up seeing them at groovin the moo because i was going to v. but i figure theyre aussie, so i'll have plenty of oppotunities to see them again. did you see robyn? she is so fuckin cool... i always avoided her stuff cause is seemed like chessy pop, but her attitude just makes it rock. same with roisin murphy... 5 costume changes is an hour at a music fest. i loved how dramatic she was even though im not a huge fan of her solo stuff.
argh, i have to cut myself off, i could rant for days...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 31st, 2008 at 01:33am

They've just recently announced a new tour, and they're doing a special showcase thing on Wednesday night, with Cut Copy & Robyn ;D

I only saw the last 10-15 minutes of Robyn, because of all the traffic getting there ):
But she was really impressive, from what I saw.
I missed Roisin Murphy too, I can't even remember why, but it must've been a good reason because I wanted to see her lol

You know what did annoy me a bit though?
THE FEEDBACK ON THE MAIN STAGE :@
That was soooooooo annoying, and it wasn't just a one off thing because it happened with Hot Hot Heat, Modest Mouse, and Jesus & Mary Chain.
Kimberley.
Really Not Okay
Kimberley.
March 31st, 2008 at 01:39am
yeah i noticed that during modest mouse... the 2 things that annoyed me:

* being repeatedly hit in the head with those virgin balls
* guys peeing everywhere
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 31st, 2008 at 01:52am
Unapologetic Apathy:
* guys peeing everywhere

Haha, reminds me of Pyramid. There were guys constantly peeing along the fence near the main stage. Which was stupid, cause it was on a cliff and very windy and blowing in the opposite direction to which they were standing. O_o Though, they were probably too drunk to notice their own urine was getting blown onto their feet.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 31st, 2008 at 02:13am

XDDDD

I'm pretty sure 90% of people at V Fest were drunk after like... 4pm lol.
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
March 31st, 2008 at 03:02am
The whole guys peeing on the fence thing made me end up with a torn knee ligament and a strained ankle.. woo. I stacked it. How embarrassing. Which meant I missed out on Duran Duran cause once I limped over to the blue stage I wasnt going to try and go back..
Fuck Robyn was AWESOMEEEEE.
There was 2 people in front of me from the barrier thing and was soo awesome it felt like she was looking right at me lolz.
So pretty good weekend I guess, besides stacking it and now stuck using crutches..
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
March 31st, 2008 at 03:15am

Ouch! I hope it gets better quickly!

I was kinda bummed I didn't see Duran Duran, but I had a really good spot where I could actually see the Blue Stage xD
Everybody at V Festival was really tall, I felt so short lol.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 31st, 2008 at 03:57am
asha molly.:

XDDDD

I'm pretty sure 90% of people at V Fest were drunk after like... 4pm lol.

At Pyramid, cause of the heat, people were lined up at 8am at the local liquor store. It didn't open till 11. The guy said he was sold out of everything except spirits by 12. xD

People are stupid, though. Alcohol dehydrates you.
Meagan.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Meagan.
March 31st, 2008 at 08:33am
asha molly.:

Ouch! I hope it gets better quickly!

I was kinda bummed I didn't see Duran Duran, but I had a really good spot where I could actually see the Blue Stage xD
Everybody at V Festival was really tall, I felt so short lol.

haha yeah thanks me too, I remember how much crutches suck!..

Ohh I am sooo upset I didnt see Duran Duran because they did Hungry Like A Wolf, and I actually really like that song lolz. Gahhh I'm still shocked that I've seen Billy Corgan. In Love I love Smashing Pumpkins.

Oh and I can't stop listening to Robyn I really like her especially after seeing her...Pretty much had the best day.
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
April 1st, 2008 at 02:42am
So my friends (who, might I add love TAI + Cobra Starship) informed me that the Cobra Starship street team posted a bulletin last night saying there was a misprint, because apparently they're not supporting PATD.
I have no clue if this is true or not. But my friends aren't the sort to make up rumours, especially about this stuff.
So I thought I'd see if anyone knew anymore about this?
Not for my benefit - doesn't affect me in the slightest, I'm not going - but my friends were asking what it was all about.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 1st, 2008 at 02:58am

I posted this earlier in the Confessions thread, it's nothing definitive, just my opinions on the matter;

"Also, it's beyond me why people are saying the newspapers are lying about Cobra joining the tour.
The papers publish the advertisments that are sent to them from either AD AGENCIES or THE PROMOTER.
Either way, the ad gets looked over by the people paying for it BEFORE it gets sent off to be published.
Therefore, I still say Cobra will be joining the tour.
... but nobody listens to me. Fuckers. I know more about the industry than they do.

It's mainly the ads that have me convinced though, the agencies wouldn't have put Cobra on the posters unless they were explicitly told to"
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
April 1st, 2008 at 03:02am
hey all
from what i've heard and seen Cobra will be coming out with panic. Mostly cause of the newspaper ads as asha molly mentioned and this

http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cobrage8.jpg

and where is the panic pit? i'm assuming right at the front but acer still havent released a seating plan so i dk....
the original JULES
Demolition Lover
the original JULES
April 1st, 2008 at 03:02am
Yeah, I get that.
It doesn't make sense to completely misprint a band's NAME who are supposedly on the tour.
Making a spelling mistake (however dumb it is) is fair enough, or even getting dates confused (which has been the case on the very odd occasion) can happen.
But putting a band's name on the advertisement, and then saying it was misprinted?

Doesn't make sense to me. You don't mistake those things. You can't.
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 1st, 2008 at 03:16am

Even if it was a mistake at the time (maybe the Cobra announcement was embargoed? I have no idea, I'm just guessing that's why they're calling it a misprint), the people paying for the ads ALWAYS look at them before they are published.
If it was completely wrong, they would have made adjustments, or pulled the ads altogether
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 1st, 2008 at 04:24am
To add to the confusion, this from the Ticketek site:

Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth
Frontier Pre-sale Ticket Limits:
"Panic Pit” GA Standing (Front Floor): Limit 2 per person
Rear GA Standing (Rear Floor): Limit 4 per person
Reserved Seating: Limit 6 per person

General public on sale Ticket Limits:
"Panic Pit” GA Standing (Front Floor): Limit 2 per person
Rear GA Standing (Rear Floor): Limit 4 per person
Reserved Seating: Limit 10 per person

Melbourne
Frontier Pre-sale Ticket Limits:
GA Standing (Floor): Limit 2 per person

General public on sale Ticket Limits:
GA Standing (Floor): Limit 4 per person

So no Panic pit for Melbourne?
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
April 1st, 2008 at 05:29am
Tickets Available
Panic Pit Standing $0.00
Reserved Seating $0.00

Lol, score. I'm so going xD
I wish they'd put up Adelaide prices. So that I can debate with myself then decide that I shan't go. Gosh.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
April 1st, 2008 at 06:36am
LMAO. w00t, lets go for free!

According to Frontier, Cobra are definitely playing. They should probably let the band know, cause I got a reply from them saying they don't actually know what's going on and keep getting told different things. xDD
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
April 1st, 2008 at 06:43am

I'd totally fly to Adelaide to see them for free, it'd be cheaper than seeing them in Sydney xDDD