The Hockey Thread

AuthorMessage
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 3rd, 2010 at 12:04pm
NOBe:
What do you have against Ovechkin?
to be honest, I don't really like him either. Never sure why, but I don't... I don't need a reason rolling on floor
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 3rd, 2010 at 05:48pm
Fullmetal Alchemist:
to be honest, I don't really like him either. Never sure why, but I don't... I don't need a reason rolling on floor

I'm not sure I understand. You dislike him for no reason?
wasting light.
Always Born a Crime
wasting light.
May 3rd, 2010 at 05:58pm
Yeah, it kindof seems the Caps always choke in the playoffs for some reason.
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 3rd, 2010 at 09:05pm
eli roth.:

They're a Washington sports team. It's like a right of passage. If you've never been terrible and you don't choke in the playoffs you can't say you're from Washington.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 4th, 2010 at 02:52pm
NOBe:
I'm not sure I understand. You dislike him for no reason?
nah, I'm saying I don't know why I don't like him. I mean, I'm a Capitals fan, but I just don't like him. You know? sometimes you just get a bad vibe from someone?

I do love his CCM kit though. best stick I've ever played with xD
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 4th, 2010 at 09:12pm
Fullmetal Alchemist:
nah, I'm saying I don't know why I don't like him. I mean, I'm a Capitals fan, but I just don't like him. You know? sometimes you just get a bad vibe from someone?

I do love his CCM kit though. best stick I've ever played with xD

Yeah I guess I get what you're saying. It's just, he's my cousin and I grew up with him and he taught me how to skate but I mean I can kinda see where you're coming from he does give off a kind of reckless, dangerous vibe.

And yeah I use the CCM too. It's awesome> XD
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 6th, 2010 at 11:15am
NOBe:
Yeah I guess I get what you're saying. It's just, he's my cousin and I grew up with him and he taught me how to skate but I mean I can kinda see where you're coming from he does give off a kind of reckless, dangerous vibe.

wow, that's kinda cool! No one really taught me to skate, I just kinda picked it up as I went along...

It is awesome! The rest of my team think it's a bit heavy, but I love it! rolling on floor It's like my baby XD
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
May 7th, 2010 at 07:05am
NOBe:
What do you have against Ovechkin?

Everything. xD
I heard a funny joke though the other day, but you might not appreciate it if you're a Caps fan...

So, Sidney Crosby walks into a bar. The bartender asks Crosby what he wants. Sidney says, an 'Ovechkin'. The bartender asks what an 'Ovechkin' is, and Crosby says, 'a white Russian without ice or cup'.

I lol'ed so hard at that.
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 7th, 2010 at 05:26pm
Fullmetal Alchemist:

wow, that's kinda cool! No one really taught me to skate, I just kinda picked it up as I went along...

It is awesome! The rest of my team think it's a bit heavy, but I love it! rolling on floor It's like my baby XD[/quote]

Yeah I've heard the heavy criticism before too. But I'm totally with you, I have a couple of friends who use it too though.

lanee:
Everything. xD
I heard a funny joke though the other day, but you might not appreciate it if you're a Caps fan...

So, Sidney Crosby walks into a bar. The bartender asks Crosby what he wants. Sidney says, an 'Ovechkin'. The bartender asks what an 'Ovechkin' is, and Crosby says, 'a white Russian without ice or cup'.

I lol'ed so hard at that.

Yeah, I don't understand, at all...
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 10th, 2010 at 08:28am
NOBe:
Yeah, I don't understand, at all...
don't worry it wasn't that funny. xD
lanee.
In The Murder Scene
lanee.
May 10th, 2010 at 08:55am
You don't get it? No ice and no cup?
It's like... he's out of playoffs, therefore he has no ice, and he has no Stanley Cup?

You're right... it's not that funny at all, I guess.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 10th, 2010 at 05:36pm
not that anyone really cares, but, I'm damn proud, and felt like sharing:

I GOT A TRYOUT FOR THE PREMIER TEAM!!! Wow I've been playing there for less that three months, and they already want me on the PREMIER TEAM!!!!

anyways, I've shared my happiness, you can get back to your proper hockey discussion xD
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 10th, 2010 at 07:10pm
lanee.:
You don't get it? No ice and no cup?
It's like... he's out of playoffs, therefore he has no ice, and he has no Stanley Cup?

You're right... it's not that funny at all, I guess.

Oh. Yeah. I don't see the humor.

And good for you Fullmetal Alchemist! Congrats! Clap
wasting light.
Always Born a Crime
wasting light.
May 12th, 2010 at 11:00pm
NOBe:
eli roth.:

They're a Washington sports team. It's like a right of passage. If you've never been terrible and you don't choke in the playoffs you can't say you're from Washington.

haha, true enough.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 14th, 2010 at 02:46pm
NOBe:
Wandering_Soul:
Yay! Im actually in the minority with the people I live around :/

well i think dirty hitting is something that shouldn't be allowed to happen. I actually consider checking to be one of the more fun aspects of the game but going out to injure other players is just no fun for you or for whoever you're hurting. However, I see nothing wrong with fighting
I'm going to agree with you on that one. There is a difference between playing fast and loose, and playing dirty. I have an unfortunate habit of being a little too aggressive with my checking, but that's just the way I play. Some people are like that, but some people just take it too far. I think if you actually go out of your way to cause injury, then you should get heavily penalized. Fighting on the other hand is part of the game. A punch up, to me, is fine, as long as you know when to stop. When the other player is on the ground, that's usually a good time to stop. For a good game, you need a good referee. One who doesn't stop the game for every little thing, but knows when it's needed. One who basically has common sense. Hockey is a dangerous game. People die, people get scrambled, but as long as you play clean, it's all a bit of fun.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 14th, 2010 at 02:54pm
Wandering_Soul:
How many of you here actually play the game?

Also I need some pointers on winning face-offs. My coach stuck me at Center, and I have no prior experience in the position ><
me. forward, as of last week. before that I was where ever I was put.

I'm sorry I can't give you any pointers on winning face-offs; I've never won one in my life xD either way, I'm sure you've worked something out by now xD
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 25th, 2010 at 04:58pm
I. Cannot. Believe. Philidelphia is going to the finals.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 26th, 2010 at 05:09am
^ me neither! what, '97 was the last time they made it that far?
cyAb6a
Salute You in Your Grave
cyAb6a
May 26th, 2010 at 09:52pm
Yeah. I do not enjoy having to route for chicago.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 27th, 2010 at 10:51am
I don't care who wins. The Flyers are my 'second' team, and I have a certain loyalty to Chicago. By this point, I only watch it for the hockey, not the team.