Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
TheWackyShack
Killjoy
TheWackyShack
July 25th, 2008 at 07:41pm
who else blamed mcr for a suicidal death? ive only heard of hannah
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
July 25th, 2008 at 11:05pm
I agree Wit:
If it's a suicide cult wouldnt the band be dead by now"
like its all pathetic my chem have been blamed for this girls death.
My Chem are so freakin positive in their lyrics like.. "I am not afraid to keep on living" Does that say go and kill yourself?..NO!
Rose Red.
Jazz Hands
Rose Red.
July 27th, 2008 at 04:09am
My Chem definitly arent a suicide cult. But adults who don't know the band fully can get the wrong idea. My own mother didn't know what to think of My Chem until she watched LOTMS one day when I was in school. After that she has no issues. Some parents/adults won't bother to care so much to look into it in depth like mine did, hence the whole suicide cult/Hannah thing.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
July 30th, 2008 at 10:18am
Wow.
"Emo and goth made to be illegal in Russia"
http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/07/emo_and_goth_to_be_made_illega.html
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
July 31st, 2008 at 04:22am
*comes from no where*

The other day, i was on youtube and someone made a video. In it the person put quotes from Hannah's friends, one of them being

"The Daily mail(i really wanted to blame them, but thats not in the quoteDisgust ) papers claimed Hannah had only listened to MCR for 2 weeks. We have all been fans since year 6"

Hannah was 13, so a year younger then me. No wait, i was 13 too when she died. So she had been listening to My chem for nearly 3 years, yes?

Yet another thing the media lied about. I mean i could rant on about this for ages, and i have done many a time. But i don't want to bore you all, and my space bar isn't working properly so i cant be arsed. But Hannah may have had reasons for killing herself, i mean she could have had depression, or been suicidal for all we know. Her mum said that all of MCR's songs are about death. I'm sorry, but no, no there not. And even the ones that are, aren't telling you to kill yourself, there ones that you need to listen to and get a message from, thats exactly how it works.

[/Shuts up because she is ranting, even though she said she wouldn't]
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
July 31st, 2008 at 04:25am
GreenDayIdiotGirl:
who else blamed mcr for a suicidal death? ive only heard of hannah

There was Hannah bond in September 2007

Rachel Jarvis, who was the last one to be reported about (May-June '08 )
Even though she killed herself in January '08 after 8 previous suicide attempts.

And Sam Leeson(May-June'08 *I think*), who comitted suicide after being bullied on Bebo, for being an emo. But the daily mail subtly hinted at the fact they wanted to blame MCR.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 5th, 2008 at 07:00am
Hm.
They simply want to blame someone. MCR is their scapegoat. They didn't mention in their article about the lives MCR has SAVED. If any of them properly listened to the lyrics, maybe they would understand that they are anti-violence and trying to convince people not to commit suicide. Not glamourising self harm.
"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone."
They didn't quote that lyric in their article, did they? Sad

xoxox.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 5th, 2008 at 09:20am
Alex!!!:
"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." They didn't quote that lyric in their article, did they?
They never do - or if they do, they call it an anomaly
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 5th, 2008 at 09:57am
^^When the daily mail quoted lyrics to WTTBP they actually quoted them wrong. I mean like 1 word wrong, but it was still wrong. And no one knows how they got that part wrong since its clear what he's saying. but you know.

So they must not care about getting the life-saving lyrics in there at all if there quoting things wrong. I mean i can pull more possitive lyrics from that song then any other
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 5th, 2008 at 11:43pm
^"Although you're dead and gone, believe me your memory will go on." is their quote, I can't pin point the mistake in that.
But really what can you get from that line other than that when a person you know dies you remember them. Isn't that people tell others when someone dies, you know "They're alive in your memory and in your heart", that kind of corny stuff?

Deb:
Alex!!!:
"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone." They didn't quote that lyric in their article, did they?
They never do - or if they do, they call it an anomaly

Didn't they quote the second half of that lyric and say something about how it encourages kids to be alone or something? All of it is just BS.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 6th, 2008 at 12:54am
^^like i said theres only one word wrong its 'carry on' not 'go on'
Its stupid but it annoys me
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 6th, 2008 at 07:00am
^^ Yeah it's true! They didn't even bother getting the lyric right..
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 07:05am
Eponine:
Didn't they quote the second half of that lyric and say something about how it encourages kids to be alone or something?
<headcrash> <headcrash> <headcrash> This is when I like to blast MSI "Stupid motherfucker...stupid motherfucker..." grrrrrrrrr Have you got the quote?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 6th, 2008 at 12:30pm
Deb:
<headcrash> <headcrash> <headcrash> This is when I like to blast MSI "Stupid motherfucker...stupid motherfucker..." grrrrrrrrr Have you got the quote?

I could have sworn I read it in one of the numerous articles they have, (Seriously they have 4 articles about Hannah Bond that all say basically the same thing.) but it's wasn't there, so I was wrong.

I'm still laughing at "The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die". XD
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 12:53pm
Eponine:
I'm still laughing at "The Black Parade is a nickname for the place where Emo fans believe they will go when they die". XD
haha me too - btw we both share a love for the same tragic heroine Wink
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 6th, 2008 at 01:20pm
Deb:
btw we both share a love for the same tragic heroine Wink

oooh, I spy with my little eyes in your sig. Unrequited love is the best.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 6th, 2008 at 01:25pm
Eponine:
Unrequited love is the best.
Gotta love the whole "Died in his arms so he could just drop me on the ground and run to his wife" scenario rolling on floor [/endspam]

Anywho, the bottom line, Folks, is that everyone is ultimately responsible for their own actions, unless again we are talking about abuse here.
MissCandy!K
Salute You in Your Grave
MissCandy!K
August 7th, 2008 at 07:47am
Um, Goth bands are a lot more suicide-y than Emo bands. Jack Off Jill=Perfect example.
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 7th, 2008 at 07:57am
^^ I personally think some pop songs are even more suicide-y than "emo" bands.
A lot of pop ballads are about how someone's heartbroken and how they don't know how to move on, but the media never lump them as music which "causes people to kill themselves" because the bands that are lumped into the "emo" category are in the minority, so they're easier targets to use to manipulate their lyrics and make the bands seem like they're the devil incarnate who are all plotting for all of their fans to "join them one day in the black parade".
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 7th, 2008 at 09:54am
^^Thats just reminded me. I wanted to make a video for youtube a while ago. With all these pop songs with 'emo' lyrics

"They'll have you suicidle, suicidle when they say it's over" - Beautifull girls - Sean Kingston

"You cut me open and i, keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love" - Bleeding love - Leona Lewis

"I might as well take a gun and put it to myself, get it over with" - Unfaithful - Rihanna

Now i know this isn't strictly on topic, but i'm gonna do the video. does anyone have any (Pop) songs with lyrics like that in them?