Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR Blamed - yet again, for the death of a teenager.

AuthorMessage
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 7th, 2008 at 11:47pm
X-Tinkerbell-X:
"They'll have you suicidle, suicidle when they say it's over" - Beautifull girls - Sean Kingston

"You cut me open and i, keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love" - Bleeding love - Leona Lewis

"I might as well take a gun and put it to myself, get it over with" - Unfaithful - Rihanna

Now i know this isn't strictly on topic, but i'm gonna do the video. does anyone have any (Pop) songs with lyrics like that in them?

Wow. It is very annoying how these kind of lyrics are always overlooked by the media as suicidal, whereas MCR is always blamed for being "emo" or "a suicide cult". The lyrics in these pop songs are blantantly obvious references to suicide, but the artists are never blamed for the death of a teenager. They say that "Although you're dead and gone, believe me, your memory will carry on." is suicidal when pop songs like these have lyrics that are more "suicide-y". No

Anyway, if MCR was a "suicide cult" wouldn't all their fans have killed themselves already?! After all, if it was a "suicide cult", wouldn't everyone have committed suicide? But they haven't, because it's not a "suicide cult" or an "emo band". The media never thought of it like that. Members of "suicide cults" are already dead, or else that's not what it is!

xox.
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 8th, 2008 at 09:08pm
I couldn't care less if MCR is called Emo (I really don't think Emo is a slur; there are plenty of great bands that fall under the genre and its created a pretty solid culture.) What bothers me is when the press makes it seem like all teenagers are sheep, and they'll just blindly do whatever famous people do. Whether its commit mass suicide cause MCR supposedly "told" them to or get pregnant so they can be just like Jamie Lynne Spears, they assume teenagers are incapable of anything resembling rational thought. Thats what I find the most stupid and offensive
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 8th, 2008 at 09:08pm
Ignore-accidental double post
Ginger.Snaps
Killjoy
Ginger.Snaps
August 10th, 2008 at 05:13am
They can't blame MCR for this. Seriously.
You're Nothing
Killjoy
You're Nothing
August 10th, 2008 at 04:49pm
I totally agree.
But when people come up to you and say, "oh mcr is sooo emo" and make gestures of cutting their wrists, that's when the whole lable thing goes too far.
corporatestudygoth
Killjoy
corporatestudygoth
August 15th, 2008 at 02:52am
yeah. and why do labels have to be stereotyped? emo=cutting wrists+depression+suicide is now the kind of impression people get. it gets bad when bands get labelled as attatched to a label because then people start thinking of what the label represents, and judge the band on that, and not about the music and other things!
xXtWiStEdXx
Jazz Hands
xXtWiStEdXx
August 15th, 2008 at 11:04am
ok I dont know how emos are supposed to look and I dont care but the main reason they're emo is because they cut themselves....If the person who actually wrote that artical actually cared about what they were writing they would check out the interviews where MCR talks about how they're anti-suicidal. They dont have cuts on their arms...you know their songs are about death and why you SHOUDN'T commit suicide. If anyting MCR is a form of goth. But if you watch LOTMS they're a bunch of normal happy people.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 16th, 2008 at 05:09pm
:O MCR are not goth either
They don't really have a label, they are who they want to be. I mean everyone should be, but lables are always gonna be used, weather we like it or not
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 16th, 2008 at 08:45pm
I just think they're a rock band.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 16th, 2008 at 10:15pm
All I have to say is this:

How can something so beautiful become something so horrible?

Theres nothing in the world better or more....exquistely perfect then those five men or their music. I don't understand how ANYONE, could ever think such disgusting things. I really dont. In Love
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
August 17th, 2008 at 12:40am
I think it's because nobody [at least, the people who hate on MCR], takes the time to get to know them and their music. They don't care to catch up on their information before pointing fingers or judging them by how the they see the band, if that makes any sense, xD. Not that they should know every detail about them like we do, rofl, but you get the idea.

I just hate it how when someone hates a bands music, they decide to apply their hate of the music to the band personally.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 17th, 2008 at 02:56pm
Yeah, thatswhat i think people do. Its annoying. Becausewhen you look at it in perspective there music fits into the 'emo' genre more then MCR do
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
August 19th, 2008 at 08:41am
Citizen Erased.:
Wow.....I didn't know I'm a member of a suicide cult! Did anyone else know?!?! Wow

haa haa nice......

i totally agree. this whole story really makes me mad. emo is just a bunch of bullcrap. i'm sorry. ugh. just because we wear black doesnt mean we are a suicide cult. Disgust
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
August 30th, 2008 at 03:24am
X-Tinkerbell-X:
"You cut me open and i, keep bleeding, keep keep bleeding love" - Bleeding love - Leona Lewis

that's symbolism. imagery.
the guy's not really cutting leona open.
so .....
[/spam]
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 30th, 2008 at 01:41pm
love's bitch.:
X-Tinkerbell-X:

that's symbolism. imagery.
the guy's not really cutting leona open.
so .....
[/spam]

Thats not what i was getting at. I mean that they think they have a right to call MCR emo, and the music they listen to has lyrics like that
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
September 5th, 2008 at 10:03pm
I don't know if anyone has seen this, and I apologize ahead of time if has already been posted [i haven't seen it], but Alkaline Trio recently defended My Chem about the suicide topic:

You guys opened for My Chemical Romance a few years back, and it's in the U.K. right now that their music is under fire for supposedly provoking a fan to commit suicide. Do you have any comments about that?

It's a terrible thing that happened, and the same thing happened with Judas Priest in the '80s. They got blamed because a couple of kids made a suicide pact and shot themselves. People blaming music and art for someone's demise is an awful thing, and I think if anything, My Chemical Romance kept that young lady alive because she loved that band and turned to their music in her darkest times. I think that people don't kill themselves because of a band they like, they kill themselves because of something else. My Chem has dark lyrics and themes, but they're also fun, and they have hope in their songs. They're anthemic in celebrating the darkness. They're saying that it's OK, we're all pretty fucked up, but we're all here for each other. So I think it's an awful thing that happened to that young lady, and I think it's awful that My Chem is getting blamed for it because I'm sure it's not easy for them.

The whole article can be read here.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
September 5th, 2008 at 10:48pm
xXtWiStEdXx:
but the main reason they're emo is because they cut themselves... If anyting MCR is a form of goth.
Uh no to both of those.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
September 6th, 2008 at 08:41am
TaraMCRmy:
I don't know if anyone has seen this, and I apologize ahead of time if has already been posted [i haven't seen it], but Alkaline Trio recently defended My Chem about the suicide topic:

You guys opened for My Chemical Romance a few years back, and it's in the U.K. right now that their music is under fire for supposedly provoking a fan to commit suicide. Do you have any comments about that?

It's a terrible thing that happened, and the same thing happened with Judas Priest in the '80s. They got blamed because a couple of kids made a suicide pact and shot themselves. People blaming music and art for someone's demise is an awful thing, and I think if anything, My Chemical Romance kept that young lady alive because she loved that band and turned to their music in her darkest times. I think that people don't kill themselves because of a band they like, they kill themselves because of something else. My Chem has dark lyrics and themes, but they're also fun, and they have hope in their songs. They're anthemic in celebrating the darkness. They're saying that it's OK, we're all pretty fucked up, but we're all here for each other. So I think it's an awful thing that happened to that young lady, and I think it's awful that My Chem is getting blamed for it because I'm sure it's not easy for them.

The whole article can be read here.

Oh wow, i haven't read that. I wanna hug those guys. They said what we've all been trying to say. Lets hope that they got through to someone though