Don't have an account? Create one!

15th May 2008 - Daily Mail; 'why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo'

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 15th, 2008 at 12:59pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=566481&in_page_id=1879

So it seems that Daily Mail has posted another article to get back at My Chemical Romance fans.

Blink 182 and Good Charlotte were also mentioned in the article.

www.whatthefrank.co.uk
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
May 15th, 2008 at 02:15pm
emo blink 182?!
thats almost as funny as emo mcr.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
May 15th, 2008 at 05:44pm
I honestly found myself laughing at a lot of that article.
I mean, Good Charlotte and Blink 182 emo?
That's a joke!
And quotes such as "We're emos, we all do it."
xD

But I could have applauded the girl named Levi that was mentioned, when she said she loved "going out in emo clothes" because it made her feel like and "individual" Although I disagree completely with with the emo stereotype, I love when people strive to be different and stand out. I think her mother needs to except that and forget about buying her designer outfits.

I think the one thing I learned from this is that you can actually hang yourself from a bunk bed xD
I know that sounds horrible, but who knew?
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
May 15th, 2008 at 05:55pm
Dude, this is the funniest aritcle ever made. Even my parents know better.
The?!Society
Fabulous Killjoy
The?!Society
May 15th, 2008 at 06:06pm
Wow..just, wow......

I think they're actually trying to get a negative reaction here.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 15th, 2008 at 06:13pm
AAAU
Joining The Black Parade
AAAU
May 15th, 2008 at 06:40pm
this is unbelievable.
pinklemonsyum
Killjoy
pinklemonsyum
May 15th, 2008 at 07:02pm
I hate to blame anyone for that girl's (Hannah) suicide, but c'mon!! When your child cuts her wrists, makes excuses for it, and then says she wants to kill herself, you DON'T pass it off as a phase or something to "talk about later."

In my opinion, anyone who proudly claims to be "emo," needs to learn how to think for themselves.
yeah
Thinking Happy Thoughts
yeah
May 15th, 2008 at 07:12pm
She wasnt just "emo" . You have to be really depressed to hang yourself.
I dont like that they are blaming music for this.
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
May 16th, 2008 at 04:59am
I'm so fucking angry right now, this is such a load of bullshit!
listen to your heart
In The Murder Scene
listen to your heart
May 16th, 2008 at 06:02am
i like the levi story.being individual and so on.....yeah,i understand.me too.i feel the same.but im not a stereotype.i like pink and black.so i wear both.i like mcr and also paris hilton.i dont think they should blame music.that will be so stupid.i think the hannah girl is like......obsessed with emo or something.i like to cut my wrist but not for attempting suicide.it's like expressing my feelings and because i was under a lot of pressure.but not anymore because my parents thought it was mcr who taught me to do so.they had nothing to do with it.in fact,they do help me in some way.that is soooooo true.and i also wonder what will happen to mcr if they just keep on being blamed........
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
May 16th, 2008 at 07:27am
LOL
i can't believe that these so called 'educated' people can actually be this ignorant.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 16th, 2008 at 08:31am
This is Daily Mail's latest marketing campaign. Their PR people decided that by proving to the public that idiots and ignorant, narrow-minded, stubborn dimwits run their paper, they'll get more revenue to take over the publishing world. True story bbz. xD

I kinda hope none of the boys hear about this shit, but that's just my wishful thinking. ): They totally don't deserve to be blamed - actually, no one deserves to be blamed like they were.
ToTheEnd..
Really Not Okay
ToTheEnd..
May 16th, 2008 at 11:25am
This is crazy.

I posted this on the site

Wow, you think that the Black Parade is a place people think they go when theye die. How mistaken you are. It's an album, your just trying to blame all this on something that isn't the cause of it. You also think that My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte & Blink 182 are emo. It's rock music. It does not encourage suicide. It does anything but that, but your narrow-mindedness does not realise that and you don't care enough to find out the true things to put in this article, you just make things up.

Release some anger =]
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
May 16th, 2008 at 02:44pm
LMFAO at the person who said "We should be banning these 'bands' " XD Some people....
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
May 16th, 2008 at 03:09pm
Check out the F**k the Daily Mail thread if you live in the UK, and help us protest against this ignorance!
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:09pm
"Sinister cult of emo"? xDxD

People need brains.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:38pm
well.. *counts to ten* i seriously would get really pissed of because of this, and that's what i'm pretty much feeling right now.

i think it's pathetic, sad and superficial to label people as emos, because they wear black and studded belts and shit. to be honest, that's "in" right now, and to me it seems like quite many people are wearing clothes like that, and not all of them are emo. it doesn't make you want to kill yourself because you wear fucking black. all those jurists and 'important people' and all wear black and they don't kill themselves. i know that's not very good example, but still. the fucking colour of your clothes doesn't make you suicidal. there have to be something more behind of it. even if i, a sixteen-year-old-girl can realise with my basic knows of psycolochy, then all those professionals should realise things like that too, don't they?

i think they should do some research about it, and not like places as a facebook of 13-year-old kid. *pulls hair* like it's "full of" sculls and all, it doesn't mean she was about to kill herself. or maybe in this case it was, but usually.. as it's been said like times and times before, music and the clothing style does not make you want to die. or if it, there's something quite a lot wrong with you.

all those blames are pretty much just statements that people tend to link to emo.
it's just the same as if you were super rich, you'd be lonely or something similar. that may be true, but not in all cases. i think daily mail shouldn't use word such as "all emos"

and haven't they ever before heard of concept albums or anything?!
if the name of the fucking album is the black parade, does it mean that it's all about dying and the band telling their fans to kill themselves to get to black parade.
no, you fucking idiots.

to me it could be as 'dangerous' to listen some britney spears and all those skinny bitches dancing there barely wearing any clothes. it probably makes you want to get skinnier and skinnier. and well well, what could happen because of that?

ARGH.
i just hope no one would take that daily mail shit seriously.
if they're making money because of that.. well that's unfair and stupid.

okay, i probably should stop this complaining,but this is making me very very angry.
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:41pm
Queen Victoria only wore black after her husband died... is she the mother of all emos?

Jenny.
Jenny.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:41pm
It seems that they are too gutless to post our comments on the page.