Don't have an account? Create one!

15th May 2008 - Daily Mail; 'why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo'

AuthorMessage
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:42pm
^ yeah, mine keep getting unapproved too.
bring more knives.
Demolition Lover
bring more knives.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:43pm
maybe they don't have anything better to write, so they want to blame someone because of the death of that girl.
or then there's something seriously wrong in this world (oh yes,there sure is)
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 16th, 2008 at 06:20pm
That article was quite sad, the parts about the family and her. But i can't believe they blamed it on MCR, i personaly just think thats ridiculas and unreasonable, plus the fact that they arn't emo and want to SAVE your life. F**K The daily mail
Dr. Spencer Reid
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Spencer Reid
May 16th, 2008 at 09:29pm
I can't believe that they get comments from people about how they're a bunch of biased assholes and "EMO" means nothing but tight jeans and "HxC", but yet they play it off as just someone else just hiding what they really feel.

Fucking stupid man, fucking stupid.
blackparadeisdead!
Joining The Black Parade
blackparadeisdead!
May 16th, 2008 at 11:41pm
idk if im rightbut i think ppl OVER label emo A LOT. everything that is punk is now considered uncool and emo! im sick of it! and blaming mcr for a girls death!?!?!? its not like she listened to the black parade and went ya know what that sounds great im gonna go kill myself now she had PROBLEMS!!!! y don't you blame the parents who didn't do anything when their daughter was CUTTING HERSELF!!! this gets me sooo pissed off.
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 17th, 2008 at 12:18am
When you do this, you gotta take lots of pictures! I so wish I lived close so I could do this!

edit:wrong post ://
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 17th, 2008 at 02:36am
damn they won't take my message. anyways i was very pissed at the article. It's fine that they want to evaluate subcultures and this sort of 'emo' community because it does exist i believe, but there's a difference between 'emos who like to slit their wrists' and 'emos who don't'...just don't lump everyone together.

so i tried to post on the Daily Mail site:

"for heaven's sake, if you want to mention My Chemical Romance and other bands in articles like these can you please at least say that the muscicians intent was NOT TO ENCOURAGE SELF HARM OR DESPRESSION? My Chemical Romance has worked so hard on their tour to spread the only message they've ever been saying- TO KEEP YOURSELVES ALIVE. Why have you over and over again, been misinformed of the very core of this band's music??? stop slamming music and get some real journalism happening."

that is my fireball at them.
tabbyhamster
Fabulous Killjoy
tabbyhamster
May 17th, 2008 at 06:17am
CAcT '-.-' tux:
damn they won't take my message. anyways i was very pissed at the article. It's fine that they want to evaluate subcultures and this sort of 'emo' community because it does exist i believe, but there's a difference between 'emos who like to slit their wrists' and 'emos who don't'...just don't lump everyone together.

so i tried to post on the Daily Mail site:

"for heaven's sake, if you want to mention My Chemical Romance and other bands in articles like these can you please at least say that the muscicians intent was NOT TO ENCOURAGE SELF HARM OR DESPRESSION? My Chemical Romance has worked so hard on their tour to spread the only message they've ever been saying- TO KEEP YOURSELVES ALIVE. Why have you over and over again, been misinformed of the very core of this band's music??? stop slamming music and get some real journalism happening."

that is my fireball at them.
Ok first of all 'Some time before her death, Hannah's parents, who live in Kent, noticed scarring on the inside of her wrists.
When they questioned her about it, honest and open as ever, she told them she'd inflicted the wounds herself and that it was part of an emo "initiation ceremony".'
Honestly? Thats fucking bull shit and they know it! SInce when were there emo ceremonies? Ugh I'm furious right now!
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
May 17th, 2008 at 04:30pm
people are utterly ridiculous thats all i have to say
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
May 17th, 2008 at 05:58pm
i wonder if MCR have heard about all this?
it must be so upsetting for them to hear something like this when they've worked so hard to get their message across and to save kids lives.
and as for the people commenting stuff like 'these bands should be banned' they should know better than to believe a paper which is known to exaggerate and bullshit in its stories. stupid, stupid people. Cussing
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 18th, 2008 at 04:15am
Damn ... just when we thought it couldn't get any worse ...
I hate how stories get dramatized so fast in the media. The first article was at least stuck to the facts as far as how she died and stuff ... this one romanticized it all. "She kissed her dad on the cheek ... 'I love you, Daddy' ..." Honestly. *gags*
Screw the Daily Mail.
electro
Salute You in Your Grave
electro
May 18th, 2008 at 08:00am
What a load of bullshit
It's almost funny.
"I like going out dressed in emo clothes because it causes a stir. There aren't many emos where I live, so people look at you.

"It makes you feel individual."

Oh,yeah....so individual. Rolling Eyes
Hannah was nothing like that,and theyre trying to make it sound like she was "just another emo" .
Bullshit.

And as for Good Charlotte and Blink182 being emo - i actually lol'd. It's stupid.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 18th, 2008 at 08:30am
A protest is being organised Mr. Green
Bess Houdini
Fabulous Killjoy
Bess Houdini
May 18th, 2008 at 09:03am
Yo, this shit is maaaaaaad stupid.
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
May 19th, 2008 at 03:20am
a lot of self-proclaimed emo kids had committed suicide way before this Hannah girl's death, but that wasnt a big deal..so why on earth does Daily Mail makes this news such a big deal?!!?!!.. oh., maybe because their also using MCR's popularity..i mean, they keep on associating this girl's death to MCR and emo, because they know that this would be a big hit and that fans would go rant on buying their news to keep on track about the news...
*rolls eyes*
ARGH!
Would they just stop blaming music and emo about that girl's death??!! MCR and the emo cult has nothing to do with that girl's death! it's her choice! and nobody is to take the blame!!
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 19th, 2008 at 06:37am
i find it kind of funny that they attacked a band that doesn't exist anymore XD
poor blink 182!

kudos for anyone who goes to the protest =]
too bad i'm in aus...or i'd be there for sure
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
May 19th, 2008 at 08:48am
motherlicker:
i wonder if MCR have heard about all this?
it must be so upsetting for them to hear something like this when they've worked so hard to get their message across and to save kids lives.
and as for the people commenting stuff like 'these bands should be banned' they should know better than to believe a paper which is known to exaggerate and bullshit in its stories. stupid, stupid people. Cussing
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
May 19th, 2008 at 12:00pm
That's the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever read.
What about the kids who kill themselves who don't listen to "emo" music?
And anyways, no way is music enough to make you decide to kill yourself, you have to be extremely mentally unbalanced to do that.
There's so much i want to say and it's just not coming out right. I'm just so fucking angry right now!
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 19th, 2008 at 01:57pm
Under the influence of alcohol i found myself laughing and then crying...oh dear god, i am writing a letter to the daily mail because this is really starting to take the mick !!!
mental_scottish_lass
Joining The Black Parade
mental_scottish_lass
May 19th, 2008 at 04:41pm
Dear Editor,
I am writing to you today as I am appalled and extremely upset with the articles that yourself and your team continue to write upon the subject of ‘Teen suicide cults.’ I feel all the information which you have included in your articles is incorrect and is not only giving a bad name to mainly the band My Chemical Romance, but also to the teenagers who listen and feel they are best suited to the music and fashion scene which they follow.
Do you seriously wake up every morning and decide today I will dress ‘Emo’ and tomorrow maybe I could dress ‘Chav’.
The people who dress in black, with a long black straightened fringe to one side with tight fitting jeans feel comfortable dressing in this way, and feel they are within a crowd they feel safe to be in. I personally would never find myself dressing in the ’Emo’ style which you persist on implying, and stand in a group of ‘Chavs’ who are dressed in there fake Burberry scarves with the tracksuit bottoms tucked into there socks. A person who crosses this line would merely be chased away with a bottle implanted into the skull and a pen knife in the back.
I feel it is very wrong and inconsiderate of you to base people’s actions on the way they dress and to the music which they listen too. This is like saying all people who listen to dance and rave music are high on ecstasy every time they listen to that type of music, when clearly this is what they like and feel comfortable listening too.

I feel extremely sorry for the parents of the young girl who felt she had to rid herself from this world but I feel it is a mere coincidence that she began to listen to My Chemical Romance. None of the lyrics despite there names tell anybody to go and cut themselves or engage in any suicidal tendency’s. The only reason I could see this is if the listener misinterpreted the lyrics and the message the band has given off. I do not believe this is the case as none of the songs or messages given off by the band are ‘promoting’ death in the way you have been saying!

The band themselves have continued to suppress their feelings on the situation and can be seen on youtube. I feel sorry for the bands which you mentioned not just My Chemical Romance as they are not the only band which you have broadcast to the nation as being a suicide emo cult band. I feel that the public who have been upset by your selfish comments should be given a written apology as this subject has been discussed on many different levels, all feeling the same as myself. I will also be sending this letter to a few other newspapers and also to the magazines which have found your articles outrageous. Not to mention the band themselves shall receive a letter as well as a copy of this one to show that they should continue to deliver the music which many people follow and enjoy.
Music its self is very therapeutic and I intend on keeping my style of therapy the same as I have for many years and many more to come.

Please reply back.

Yours

Lisa ----

-------------------------------

Just incase anyone wanted to see my letter i am postin g first thing tomorrow morning . Dance Clap