Don't have an account? Create one!

The MCR London protest. Who's going?

AuthorMessage
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
May 25th, 2008 at 05:52pm
Mrs.Halloween:
i think they're trying to pose a threat, but it's pretty lame if you ask me.
there's not much they can do now. we have 700+ people to attend the protest already. we have a load of media support.
all they have is a fake site, which they copied from us, and a few youtube videos.
they're probably doing this for their own twisted pleasure, but they really don't worry me that much.
i just don't want people getting the wrong idea about us and the true intentions of the actual protest.

anyways, karma's a bitch.
that's all i'm going to say.

thanks for the reassurance :]
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 05:54pm
no problem Smile
they're trying to break us down and make us give up, but we all need to stay positive and not back away.
the odds are against them, really.
and when this protest goes ahead, and raises a load of money for charity and is a success, they'll be hiding behind their computer monitors.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
May 25th, 2008 at 06:00pm
Raising money for a charity? Awesome idea!
Which charity? TWLOHA?
*knows very little about this protest because she isn't going*
Very Happy
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
May 25th, 2008 at 06:03pm
samaritans, and i think make a wish too.
but nothing's set in stone yet. we're gonna finalise the plans and then allison'll put information on the site about the raising money aspect.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
May 25th, 2008 at 06:05pm
Cool, it's a nice idea.
I'm actually really proud that everyone is taking such a negative thing and switching it over.
Good luck at the protest guys!
a life deliberate.
Salute You in Your Grave
a life deliberate.
May 25th, 2008 at 06:47pm
hey, i'm abi Very Happy
i signed up to the protest a couple of days after i found out about it and i think it's a really great idea, especially the part about raising money for the different charities.

i've read through and i saw the.. disturbing.. lengths some one is trying to go to in order to stop this, but yeah, we're an army and they're an internet weirdo with nothing better to do. and as some one said before.. karma's a bitch.

earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 25th, 2008 at 08:19pm
damn those psychos banned my IP address from editing their stupid article. i deleted it and 30 seconds later its back up and im banned. we need to get more people trying to edit it.
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
May 25th, 2008 at 09:01pm
The real www.whatthefrank.co.uk is back up for all those who weren't aware. Very Happy
The fake one is so similar though. They even included the leaflets and stuff about how to handle the protest legally. The changes are so subtle it's creepy.
Some people really do have no life...
Because of this, we should ALL make sure that every link to the site that is posted in article comments and on forums is the correct one and that the fake website is NOT ever given to any members of the press even by mistake.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 25th, 2008 at 09:29pm
^^ the fake website didnt even work for me.

edit: actually yeah it did.
wow, these people actually have no lives. its kinda sad.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 25th, 2008 at 10:13pm
If you want any questions answered from anon members themselve, go on the MCR buzznet community - they've made accounts and are answering questions

eg.
anonemoose said:
This account was made with the sole purpose of replying to anonanon.I'm sorry sir, but you are mistaken. Those of us who work for the betterment of society are not the true face of anonymous. The "good guys", as you call them are referred to as "moralfags" by us. We did not, as you claim, begin our work with project chanology. That is just our most popular project at the moment.What are our motives behind our current attack? Well, I might be able to tell you come June first.If there are any other questions, please direct them at me. I may come visit periodically.NOTE TO MODERATORS: I solemnly swear not to goreflood with this account, or even with this particular IP. Please do not ban me just yet, I am simply interested in a relatively friendly conversation.[/quote]

buriedbullets: Would you describe your motives to be dangerous and harmful to human life?[/quote]

anonemoose said:At times, yes. Definitely.[/quote]

buriedbullets:Then it is illegal, and I urge you not to do this.
Would you be able to live with yourself if you knew you were responsible for the death of an innocent person?[/quote]

anonemoose said: It appears that a moderator has closed the thread I was chatting in.Also, my last comment was made in error; I am sorry for that. What follows are my true feelings on this matter:
Our motives go deeper than bodily harm; or in some people's eyes, maybe they don't go that deep. Anyways, nobody on this forum believes that MCR is a suicide cult, correct? So if we will never be able to convince you of that, what else could we be trying to achieve?
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 25th, 2008 at 11:44pm
so the psychos are actually trying to get people to commit suicide? is that honestly their motive? this is getting kind of scary.
AmandaAdenine
Thinking Happy Thoughts
AmandaAdenine
May 26th, 2008 at 02:03am
I've been for the protest from the time I heard the idea (Even though I'm in North America and can't go, which is a bummer) but now I'm kind of scared. What if these people acutally get to some of the younger fans, and they actually do use it as a mass suicide day? I'm just kind of concerned about the younger, more impressionable fans.
But I wish you all the best of luck in the protest. Be safe, and don't get arrested. I wish I could attend, but the probability of me actually being able to go overseas with the protest is like less the zero, and less than a decimal, if that's even possible. Man, I wish I could go though.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
May 26th, 2008 at 02:59am
I'm one of those who can't go, but I'm wishing all of you guys luck and success.
I'm kind of worried though, about the mass suicide thing, though I know it's fake but just like the person above me, what if they've convinced someone to do it?

Just be aware of anything suspicious guys, alright? I think I'm just being too paranoid or whatever... I just don't want anything to go wrong, because I know all of you worked hard for this.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 26th, 2008 at 03:31am
DecimatedDreams:
I think it is like a wiki page because a while ago I went on it and it had all the against the protest stuff, then it had nothing but them talking shit about the person who deleted all the stuff on the page, then it the protest bashing stuff was up again and now you say it's gone again. So yeah, it must be.

Haha really? What'd they say? Because I am the one who initially deleted all their shit. Their response was to send a bunch of dancing windows and pretend worm warnings the next time I clicked on the site...ohhhhhh so scarrrrrrrrrrry. And if that picture is meant to be a threat, then bring it on you Nazi bastards, because this Jew ain't scared of your asses!

Kids, please don't be intimidated by them. I am reasonably certain that they are internet bullies only - and would be timid in person without the numbers to back them up. You guys stand your ground - I highly doubt that anyone of sufficient number will turn up at this event; they're just trying to terrify you. Be strong!
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 26th, 2008 at 04:29am
goodness sakes I go away for a day and there's hackers doing stuff already. They are really really sick and lifeless and no-hopes.

700+ protesters? i salute them all.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 26th, 2008 at 04:57am
^ I love you Deb.

I love you.
Jenny.
Jenny.
May 26th, 2008 at 05:17am
Hmmmm...
Notice how whathefrank has replaced 'leaflets' with 'videos' and put horrible suicide videos up...
GAIZ. Remember not to google whatthefrank, they plan to google bomb so their fake site will come up instead. And tell everyone not to google it.
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
May 26th, 2008 at 05:28am
Deb:

Haha really? What'd they say? Because I am the one who initially deleted all their shit. Their response was to send a bunch of dancing windows and pretend worm warnings the next time I clicked on the site...ohhhhhh so scarrrrrrrrrrry. And if that picture is meant to be a threat, then bring it on you Nazi bastards, because this Jew ain't scared of your asses!

Kids, please don't be intimidated by them. I am reasonably certain that they are internet bullies only - and would be timid in person without the numbers to back them up. You guys stand your ground - I highly doubt that anyone of sufficient number will turn up at this event; they're just trying to terrify you. Be strong!

I love you Deb. In Love

But I think they said something along the lines of 'Oooh you are so hard editing all of our webpage, you stupid motherfucking editor. We are so scared of the big bad bully over the internet.'

^ That's a rough thing of what I can remember, it was longer than that but that is the general gist.
Toki
Really Not Okay
Toki
May 26th, 2008 at 06:37am
I got another message from the anon guy, from what I gather they are based in the States, but I'm not completely sure on that. I'm going to ask him whether members are planning on turning up to the protest and I'll probably explain to him why we're actually doing it.

anonemoose says:
Don't be sorry for the questions. It is natural for the human mind to inquire.
Are we doing this because we simply feel that you are over-reacting to the whole Daily Mailarticle fiasco etc: That's part of it.
Hatred/dislike for emos: that could be the motive of some of our members, but no, I do not share that hate.
What we are trying to achieve is painfully simple. (but does not involve physical pain) Unfortunately, I cannot reveal that until after our raid is complete. Suffice to say the way your moderators have described us is correct.
Sorry for my late reply.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 26th, 2008 at 06:41am
ben bernanke.:
Hmmmm...
Notice how whathefrank has replaced 'leaflets' with 'videos' and put horrible suicide videos up...
GAIZ. Remember not to google whatthefrank, they plan to google bomb so their fake site will come up instead. And tell everyone not to google it.

geez their really going all out on this arent they.
i dont know if i should be mad at them, or take pity on them because they clearly have no lives.

^^ and as for that Dr Evil-esque reply from those psycho computer nerds, their clearly using scare tactics. i doubt anything serious is going to happen.