Don't have an account? Create one!

May 23rd 2008; A Message From My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
Girl Anachronism
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Girl Anachronism
May 24th, 2008 at 05:26pm
Love these guys.

I'm just so tired of hearing people blame them for things they had/have no control over......
Pistol_GeeBucks
Joining The Black Parade
Pistol_GeeBucks
May 24th, 2008 at 06:35pm
mcr are just amazing and its just awful the bad press they get

i love the band so much
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
May 24th, 2008 at 09:10pm
sun kil moon.:
It's better than a personal message which would stir up even more chaos and attention from the press.

The more subtle and vague, the better in my opinion.

I agree with that too. If Gerard says anything before the protest that relates to it, it will look like he's egging us on in a cult-leader type fashion or that he's exploiting it for publicity.
There are already people who think he's behind it secretly.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
May 24th, 2008 at 09:36pm
Anyways, even if they didn't necessairly write the exact message themselves, doesn't mean that's not how they feel. Obviously, one of their crew wouldn't go on their website and be like "LOLOL I'm going to post a message about that Hannah Bond thing even though the band hasn't said anything about it at all!"
blackparadeisdead!
Joining The Black Parade
blackparadeisdead!
May 24th, 2008 at 10:23pm
i just feel bad for them that they are finally on a break and taking time off to relax and this shit comes up! i just hope this doesn't mess up their time for rest.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 24th, 2008 at 11:17pm
UNBELIEVEALBE. MCR is proof that popularity does not always corupt. Has the message been sent to the Daily Mail yet? I would really like to hear what they could could say after they see it. ~ Rex
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 24th, 2008 at 11:44pm
They couldn't have said it any better, good on them for not lashing out and starting some insane fight with the daily mail
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
May 25th, 2008 at 12:35am
Clap
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 25th, 2008 at 12:41am
writerGrrl:
To be honest I laughed when I read that people were crying over it. *is cynical like that*

Hurrr. Well, then, on behalf of all the obsessive fans who shed a tear or two over the thoughtfulness of that message and the guys, be it automated or not, I apologize.

I knew it wasn't "personal" personal when I read it - but it was much better damage control than anything. It was thoughtful. And it was good PR, on top of that. Cuz whether liked or not, they were still dragged into that Daily Fail article, so I'm glad they posted - or got someone to post it, does it matter? - that message. It proves that they're a class act.

Because what other band gets repeatedly slain by a stupid publication and parents who blame them for suicide, but still manages to remain respectful? This is why I love them. They're real. (:
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 25th, 2008 at 01:11am
Thanks for posting that, meganelizabeth.

They really are the best. <333
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:22am
Confession:

I had multiple suicide attempts before , the last one being this morning (i know its stupid, but the feeling of hopelessness and realizing that there is no one to talk to- my parents are away in another country, my psychiatrist is not working today,plus, i dont have any friends in this new place-makes me do crazy stuff) I log on to INO and i see this thread. At first i was going to condemn with something along the line of 'what do these guys know about suicide? my problem means nothing to them!' but then i decided to read what the message is all about....

and then it hits me.

"The message and theme of our album "The Black Parade" is hope and courage. Our lyrics are about finding the strength to keep living through pain and hard times. The last song on our album states: "I am not afraid to keep on living" - a sentiment that embodies the band's position on hardships we all face as human beings.

so i took my iPod and listen to TBP. i mean, really- listening to each word.

"I am not afraid to keep on living"

Before this, I never believed anyone who said 'mcr saves their lives' . Whenever someone said that i have this urge to yell "its not like they're doctors or firefighters!" but now i see this happening to me. Of course, they're not doctors, or firefighters, but when it happens to me right now, i realized that life savers don't necessarily come in white coats or fireproof suits- sometimes they come in black jackets and tight pants too.

Thank you MCR.

ps: No hate messages please. i just wanna share my experience.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 25th, 2008 at 03:34am
Gerard Way.:

Before this, I never believed anyone who said 'mcr saves their lives' . Whenever someone said that i have this urge to yell "its not like they're doctors or firefighters!" but now i see this happening to me. Of course, they're not doctors, or firefighters, but when it happens to me right now, i realized that life savers don't necessarily come in white coats or fireproof suits- sometimes they come in black jackets and tight pants too.

Thank you MCR.

<hugs you>
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
May 25th, 2008 at 04:19am
^^ yes...keep the faith. *hugs*!
Wishful Thinking
Always Born a Crime
Wishful Thinking
May 25th, 2008 at 04:32am
Amazing boys In Love
alena45
Killjoy
alena45
May 25th, 2008 at 07:50am
they are so clever Smile
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
May 25th, 2008 at 08:05am
Living proof that MCR save lives
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
May 25th, 2008 at 09:37am
Perfectly written. Not replying in any manner, but they would'nt have written it f they hadn't been blamed, so there's their point.
jfc113
Salute You in Your Grave
jfc113
May 25th, 2008 at 10:18am
Gerard Way.:
Confession:

I had multiple suicide attempts before , the last one being this morning (i know its stupid, but the feeling of hopelessness and realizing that there is no one to talk to- my parents are away in another country, my psychiatrist is not working today,plus, i dont have any friends in this new place-makes me do crazy stuff) I log on to INO and i see this thread. At first i was going to condemn with something along the line of 'what do these guys know about suicide? my problem means nothing to them!' but then i decided to read what the message is all about....

and then it hits me.

"The message and theme of our album "The Black Parade" is hope and courage. Our lyrics are about finding the strength to keep living through pain and hard times. The last song on our album states: "I am not afraid to keep on living" - a sentiment that embodies the band's position on hardships we all face as human beings.

so i took my iPod and listen to TBP. i mean, really- listening to each word.

"I am not afraid to keep on living"

Before this, I never believed anyone who said 'mcr saves their lives' . Whenever someone said that i have this urge to yell "its not like they're doctors or firefighters!" but now i see this happening to me. Of course, they're not doctors, or firefighters, but when it happens to me right now, I realized that life savers don't necessarily come in white coats or fireproof suits- sometimes they come in black jackets and tight pants too.

Thank you MCR.

I really didn't get all "MCR SAVED MY LIFE!!!" either. I didn't believe a band could save your life too, but that was really well said and you may have just made a believer out of me. Clap
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 25th, 2008 at 10:49am
Gerard Way.:
and then it hits me...so i took my iPod and listen to TBP. i mean, really- listening to each word...Thank you MCR.

How could anyone hate on you for that - that's the beauty of this community, is that most of us have felt that way, and we support one another as well as our band for having the balls to climb into the trenches with us and pull us out. I am so glad you are still here <hugs>
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
May 25th, 2008 at 01:37pm
Gerard Way.:

Why would anyone give you crap for that? I agree completely. I think the album is about someone who hates life before realizing that he should appreciate it and is given a second chance.