Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 25th, 2008 at 02:46pm
Wow, they are amazing
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
May 25th, 2008 at 03:40pm
It's a good post but I think maybe they could have stressed the point a bit more...I don't know, stated the facts that we all know; that the people who write those retarded articles have absolutely no education on the subject of 'emo' or MCR as a band. I also think they could have done with saying they don't encourage the emo culture and that they don't believe in 'emo' anyway. Because lets face it people, the whole emo trend is SO 2005.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 26th, 2008 at 04:09am
Three cheers for the boys! <3 They managed to write a politically correct response to all this nonsense while remaining calm, collected and sympathetic to boot. They didn't sound defensive, but still used enough evidence to portray their point; i.e, the song lyrics.
I was so happy to hear an official response to this! Bravo!
xXrevengeXx
Killjoy
xXrevengeXx
May 26th, 2008 at 05:37am
has anyone read the daily mail website about it? check it out

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-564611/Girl-13-hangs-obsessed-Emo-suicide-cult-rock-band.html
and
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-566481/Why-child-safe-sinister-cult-emo.html

im so angry....but yeah
i love my chem and agree with everything they said on their message, its just one of the reasons i love them <3
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 26th, 2008 at 12:37pm
I'm proud of them.
They did the right thing posting that message.
And like someone said in the Rumours thread; it's heartfelt.
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
May 26th, 2008 at 12:38pm
i don't think they could've responded better, well done MCR Thumb up
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
May 26th, 2008 at 04:25pm
i really admire them for that response.
it's honest and intelligently written and shows that they care about the fans.

i really love this band :]
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
May 26th, 2008 at 06:30pm
I was quite happy with their message.
It was polite toward Hannah's family which was an excellent way to start it off. Of course, I didn't expect anything other than that. Some of us may have our problems with the girl and her families' comments but you need to be mature about these things.
And their last sentence was not surprising either. "If you or anyone that you know have feelings of depression or suicide, we urge you to find your way and your voice to deal with these feelings positively." It's the message they have always put out and I would like others to learn from that.
But I do agree with Bess Is Yoda when it comes to the topic of "Emo." It would have been good if they mentioned a little about how they disagree with the whole thing. But maybe keeping it short was the best choice, I don't know.
Overall, I was pleased. This band really does save lives, it's not hard to see.
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
May 27th, 2008 at 01:01am
Amen
fifth period.
Bleeding on the Floor
fifth period.
May 27th, 2008 at 06:33am
It was so nice of them to write that message. I mean, they weren't obligated in any way to apologize or to say anything to Hannah's family at all, but they felt like they were, and I'm proud of them for that. I also agree with The New London Fire that they were very polite to her family, which really shows how mature they are. They easily could have put something like, "We don't support emo, so fuck you, Hannah Bond," but they didn't. So again, I am very proud of them for this message.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
May 27th, 2008 at 07:14am
They could never have put that because all heck would break loose.
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
May 27th, 2008 at 08:44pm
That made me proud to be a My Chemical Romance fan.
Srsly, just wow.
This is why I love them so much.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
May 28th, 2008 at 12:07am
undead.:
It was so nice of them to write that message. I mean, they weren't obligated in any way to apologize or to say anything to Hannah's family at all, but they felt like they were, and I'm proud of them for that. I also agree with The New London Fire that they were very polite to her family, which really shows how mature they are. They easily could have put something like, "We don't support emo, so fuck you, Hannah Bond," but they didn't. So again, I am very proud of them for this message.

Clap Well said.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 28th, 2008 at 03:36pm
Green Faerie:
Oh my god. Could I love them anymore? Could they be more of a perfect band? They have been slated by the media and yet they manage to send a message that is both sensitive and to the point. They really are there to save lives. I am so proud of this band right now. Smile

Its true.
They saved my life.
When I listen to them or look em up on youtube...I know I am not going through it alone.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
May 28th, 2008 at 03:36pm
demolition.loverxx:
undead.:

Clap Well said.
Skellington.
Killjoy
Skellington.
May 29th, 2008 at 12:07am
I love them so much more for this.
I seriously don't get how people can even call them selves emos though
emo is just a music isnt it?
I hate how they always get blamed for everything because people won't take the time to listen to the music and pay attention to what they're saying.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 30th, 2008 at 04:08am
Girls & boys...
just wanted 2 ask (since the thread abt the march was locked)

who's going & what is the plan? wat time will the march start, is it cnfirmed how many ppl r going, etc?

coz i cant physically be there (not exactly in the same continent) but i'm behind thm all the way
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
May 30th, 2008 at 07:18am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7425450.stm
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 30th, 2008 at 08:22am
Argh, to be honest, I'm sick of the onslaught of media calling fans "emo" and saying stuff like, "emos plan to march" ever since they caught on to the protest. Just...the word itself makes me shudder.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 5th, 2008 at 09:48am
They are so amazing. . . Love them to death.

And about the whole emo thing. . . No one even knows what that word actually means anymore, they just call kids who cut themselves that. It really angers me when people use that term seriously and don't know what they're talking about.