Don't have an account? Create one!

INO Front Page Band News

AuthorMessage
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
May 31st, 2008 at 09:01am
You must read the rules before you post in this thread.

RULES

1) Only post in this thread if the information you are providing is factually based. You must include a link to your source of reliable information. Ideally more than one link would be preferable to back up the clarity of your news.

2) News must of course be relevant to the band or band members.

3) Strictly no rumor is prohibited, so no links to unofficial LJ's or blog spots.

4) Give a short reference to the significance of the information you have provided, thus I can follow the rest of the story up in your provided link. The Key is to be informative and brief in your descriptions.

5) Relevant pictures are welcome as long as they link to the article. This can be in the form of a URL link or a picture, as long as it does not stretch the page.

Example:

Title: The Black Parade is Dead!

Description: MCR confirm release date for the new live album.

My Reliable Source: Link to MCR's OFFICIAL Myspace Blog

Picture: Picture Of The Official Cover Of The New Album

This thread is strictly for posting possible news. Please do not spam this thread or mistake it as a collective for posting all band news. I will try to choose at least one reliable article every week or two (dependant on the flow of genuine information) which will then be written up and posted on the front page. Do not be light heartened if your article is not chosen. If I fall behind a dead line once or twice, try to be considerate.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 31st, 2008 at 09:03am
FTW Amy, Excellent idea, should help make your job of updating the news on the front page easier.

And look at that.... the first reply in the thread is spam.

/lame.

sorry Tehe
sammy-pink_hair
Killjoy
sammy-pink_hair
June 20th, 2008 at 03:41pm
frank iero is the sexiest vegatairian
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 21st, 2008 at 10:32am
TBPID! screening

There is to be a The Black Parade Is Dead! screening for 40 lucky, pre-chosen fans at the Warner Brothers offices in Burbank, California on Monday 23rd June, 2008. Each of the 40 people are asked to bring 10 cans of food which will then be donated to http://lafoodbank.com. The screening is from 3PM to 6PM.

Some have emailed Warner Brothers in disappointment; those who did not get chosen or simply live to far away and cannot afford to travel to LA. They wish for an east coast screening; closer to the band's hometown in New Jersey.

Proof
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
July 15th, 2008 at 06:11am
Ray's birthday

since his birthday is July 15th.
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
July 15th, 2008 at 07:47am
^ got it covered. ;D
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
July 19th, 2008 at 02:01pm
Title: Bid on a super 8 camera signed by MCR for charity

Description: When MCR filmed The Black Parade Is Dead! DVD, they signed one of the Super 8 cameras used in the shoot, and that camera is now being auctioned off for a benefit for The Waverly School, a progressive and developmental school in Pasadena, California spanning Young Kindergarten through high school.

Reliable Sources: official My Chemical Romance website (it's the second article from the top)
eBay page for The Waverly School, linked on the official My Chemical Romance website

Picture: picture of the camera taken from the The Waverly School eBay page
the constant.
Bulletproof Heart
the constant.
July 31st, 2008 at 09:13pm
Title: MCR to cover Bob Dylan song for 'Watchman'

Description: My Chemical Romance have confirmed that they will be covering a Bob Dylan song for an upcoming film adaptation of Alan Moore’s graphic novel Watchmen.

My Reliable Source: MTV (along with a video of Gerard from Comic Con talking about the Dylan cover)
Pansy Wolf
Fabulous Killjoy
Pansy Wolf
August 14th, 2008 at 06:06pm
title: My Chemical Romance make a UK site

description: My Chemical Romance have now got a site specially for the UK. at the moment it is only for the black parade is dead. nevertheless i'm hoping it will be made like their .com site soon.

reliable source: www.mychemicalromance.co.uk

Smile
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 25th, 2008 at 01:34pm
A Message From Gerard

Hey guys,

Gerard here... I'm hanging out with Mikey in New Jersey, relaxing, drinking coffee, talking comics, and getting ready to take a drive down south tomorrow. I don't know what states I'm passing through but I know where I'm heading. Don't worry, I've got a the Clockwork Orange audiobook, a Dr. Pepper air-freshener, and a GPS so I don't get lost. We figured by now everyone that's a fan of the band might be wondering what we're up to, what we're planning, so I thought I'd write this letter and fill you all in.

We're living, decompressing- The Black Parade took over two years to tour and six months to make so that's a lot of existing in a fictional world, and we're just extremely happy to live in a real one for a while. One thing I can let you know is that we're excited. Genuinely more excited than we have ever been to be in this band, make some new music. And we have ALL been writing new material in our own separate worlds... I started a week after I got home, buying a good rig, an old Jag, and a bunch of pedals- just searching for the next sound.

Bob is recovering well from his recent wrist surgery- exceedingly well considering how risky the procedure can be. We're all really happy that when he picks up the sticks again he won't be in the intense pain he was in during the last year of touring. It's going to take him a while to rehabilitate but knowing him, he will most likely be playing the drums before the doctor says it's a good idea. He just loves playing, we all do. Franks on the road with Leathermouth and Reggie and The Full Effect so you should go see them and get spit on. I know Leathermouth doesn't have a record out yet, but Frank gave it to me in Mexico and I can easily say it's my favorite post-hardcore record of the year, so I know you will at least enjoy the songs if you don't know the words.

One of the best parts of the last five months was getting to see Ray get married and all of us be a part of the wedding. It was beautiful. I'm not sure where the happy couple is right now but I am sure wherever they are, they are really enjoying it. I have never seen him happier in my life.

So we made plans to get together soon and make some demos, see where our heads are at, take it slow. If explosions happen in our heads right away who knows how soon we could have a record out, we aren't in any rush but we get just as anxious as you to find out what the next "thing" is going to be.

So that about wraps it up... I'm glad I could stop by for a chat, I think I will do it more often. I'm writing more comics, writing more music, and missing my wife right now. Oh, and I heard a rumor that I died in a car accident.

I didn't.

xo.
g a message i got on my email sent to me from the MCRMY!! just to catch up on the guys
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
August 25th, 2008 at 02:16pm
I was gonna suggest a post on the front page congratulating Ray on his recent marriage, sine Gerard has confirmed it, it would also clear up anymore rumours about it lol
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
August 26th, 2008 at 06:39pm
I've already written an update for it, just waiting for it to be all hooked up to the front page. thanks again kids!
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
September 22nd, 2008 at 04:52pm
Hello all.
I heard a tiny bit of news that Mikey's comic will be coming out on Halloween.

Here's the small article from Kerrang!

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/09/mikey_way_comic_to_be_released.html
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
November 2nd, 2008 at 11:00am
okay i think we should put up the bob message here it is straight from mychemicalromance.com

hi! its bob

it's been a long time since since we have talked. i just wanted to say hi and fill people in on what has been happening with us. as a whole we are all getting ready to get rolling again. we really needed this break but enough is enough already. i cant wait to see the refreshed and excited MCR again. no more falling asleep at 5pm, no more drinking 20 red bulls, just good times coming up.

i will start with myself. my weird zoro scar on my wrist is going down finally. i have been doing physical therapy every few days now which is helping out a ton. i have to sit and lift tiny weights over and over again until i cant anymore, then i play with putty, then i stack cups, sometimes i squeeze plastic, play with rice, etc. It kinda feels like when i was in kindergarten day care except it hurts. my favorite part is hearing the stories of the other patients. one lady fell down her stairs because she tripped on her cat and broke her shoulder. i try not to laugh but i cant help it. i was actually sitting with a player from the bears last week too. that guy was about 20 feet tall and as big as a house. i didn't look him in the eye. i think i have a couple months before i am back to playing again. i am always going to have pain in my hand so i will be changing my playing a bit. i have to rearrange my drums and i will need to play waaay lighter. dont call me a p@$^y when you see me.

Other then that i am just hanging out. i got another dog! i now have two black german shepherds. they rule. they are my buddies. i am going to bring them everywhere with me. toro got a new puppy too. frank has 19 dogs now. i shot up up my garage with a pistol and the cops came. that was fun..... i also have been playing halo again. halo and legos is actually part of therapy for me. i just hit level 35 which is awesome for me. i would love to challenge anybody to a duel. my xbox name is dixiediarrhea (long story, my dogs name is dixie, she had diarrhea). if anyone knows souljaboy personally please let him know i challenge him. that guy seems like an awesome dude and i want to play against him. he says he can beat anyone. dixiediarrhea says differently. i will bet 2 dollars that i whoop him.

anyway, i see that im rambling. im tired. i was going to fill you in on everyone else but i dont want to anymore. hahaha. which actually brings me to a point. we are soon going to launch a new website. its going to be very simple and to the point. one of the new features will be us typing in on our phones straight to the site so everyone can tell you themselves what they are up to. now that we are coming out of MCR hibernation we want to keep everyone informed and to maybe have some fun. blogathon 5000. i will type in all the juicy details like perez hilton.

ok. im going to bed. me and my friend, the sanch, and dixie are about to drive from chicago to los angeles to hang with gerard and friends. come hang out.
gerard’s address is 2800 E Observatory Rd Los Angeles, CA 90027. see you there. bring fun.

see everyone soon or on halo
bcbryar
dixiediarrhea

(also note that it is NOT gerard's REAL address they changed it before posting.)
mcr_freak33
Killjoy
mcr_freak33
November 3rd, 2008 at 11:24am
i got this off of mychemicalromance.com
itz another message from bob

1 November 2008 - 3:10pm
ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM BOB
news
update...
in my little thing i wrote yesterday i included gerards address. when we write something to post we then send it to our friend jeff. jeff knows all the computer mumbo jumbo and passwords and stuff. jeff then puts it online. just so you know jeff changed gerards address to something else before he posted. he refused to give out gerard's address. i will find a way to get you his address. maybe if you beat me in halo. btw... dixie was a robot for halloween.
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
November 3rd, 2008 at 11:35am
^I've already written an update for it, just waiting for it to be appoved and loaded.

-thanks. Victory
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
November 19th, 2008 at 06:03pm
I read something on mibba about Gee saying the new album can be expected real quick. Can someone look into that and see if there's enough info for it to be put ont he front page?
Battery Diamond
Bleeding on the Floor
Battery Diamond
November 24th, 2008 at 03:37pm
My Chemical Romance singer to be a dad

11/24/2008 3:12 PM, AP

My Chemical Romance singer Gerard Way's newest creation isn't a CD — it's an upcoming baby.

A rep for the singer says Way, 31, and wife Lindsey, bass player of the band Mindless Self Indulgence, are expecting their first child. The baby is due early in the summer 2009.

The pair have been married since Sept. 4, 2007.

My Chemical Romance is known for hits like "Famous Last Words" and "Welcome to the Black Parade."

Don't know if it's true or not but I just read it.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 24th, 2008 at 04:52pm
^ That is only speculation. Please read the first post in this topic, it clearly states that the info posted in here must be factual and confirmed. Thanks.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
November 24th, 2008 at 07:03pm

i have a link about Gerard and Lindsay's supposed pregnancy.

baby