I got Kerrang, indeed I did.
I look horrible, and I'm sitting in the centre at the front.... D:
Edit: Alex, you stole my 'leader' Sly
rolling on floor
kill-appeal
Killjoy
kill-appeal
June 12th, 2008 at 06:33am
I look horrible and my face is all microscopic and right near the back.
I think I may have just zoned in on whatever issues I could find in my square millimetre of the picture.
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 12th, 2008 at 10:15am
robert mccracken:
Tehe
I heard my name.
I got Kerrang, indeed I did.
I look horrible, and I'm sitting in the centre at the front.... D:
Edit: Alex, you stole my 'leader' Sly
rolling on floor

Yes, yes I did.

And ditto to everything you said, minus getting the Kerrang! my mum still owes me money for that ><
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 12th, 2008 at 10:16am
DecimatedDreams:

Yes, yes I did.

And ditto to everything you said, minus getting the Kerrang! my mum still owes me money for that ><

hug hug
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
June 13th, 2008 at 03:10pm
My Chemical Romance is great band made of 5 great guys, but why everything about this band so intense and over dramatic? Like the march in London was just silly. And a waste. Plus I think it made us even more cult like. There are so many greater issues around this subject to bring forth like tolerance, teenage depression, and scapegoating. The Daily Mail is dare I say worse the Sun. Who cares what they think!
My Demise
Bleeding on the Floor
My Demise
June 13th, 2008 at 04:08pm
Millstone:
... tolerance, teenage depression, and scapegoating.

That's exactly what the protest was about.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 13th, 2008 at 04:13pm
Millstone:
My Chemical Romance is great band made of 5 great guys, but why everything about this band so intense and over dramatic? Like the march in London was just silly. And a waste. Plus I think it made us even more cult like. There are so many greater issues around this subject to bring forth like tolerance, teenage depression, and scapegoating. The Daily Mail is dare I say worse the Sun. Who cares what they think!

You just missed the entire point.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
June 13th, 2008 at 04:20pm
My Demise:
Millstone:
... tolerance, teenage depression, and scapegoating.

That's exactly what the protest was about.

It seemed like a bunch of teenagers upset because someone insulted their favorite band to me.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 13th, 2008 at 04:49pm
Millstone:
The Daily Mail is dare I say worse the Sun. Who cares what they think!
The band kinda does. The Daily Mail is akin to the NY Times here. All of middle England reads it, and the danger of such articles as the ones thoughtlessly put out about the "emo cult" are that they perpetuate the sort of ignorance that can lead to tragedies such as the murder of Sophie Lancaster, and the brutal assault upon those youths in Mexico City. I was on the board while this issue went from discussion to boycott outcry to actual event. I am very proud of everyone who had the courage to take action. As I understood it, the issue was not simply that MCR was being insulted, but irresponsible journalism. Jenny, Anni, have I got that right?
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
June 13th, 2008 at 04:52pm
And whilst the Daily Mail were never going to change their mind over what they wrote, which the fans knew, they did find it necessary to release a statement defending their article, so to me, the protest did make a impact.
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
June 13th, 2008 at 06:44pm
I bought Kerrang today, just to see the protest article, and left it in my friends bag....
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 13th, 2008 at 06:57pm
Deb:
The band kinda does. The Daily Mail is akin to the NY Times here. All of middle England reads it, and the danger of such articles as the ones thoughtlessly put out about the "emo cult" are that they perpetuate the sort of ignorance that can lead to tragedies such as the murder of Sophie Lancaster, and the brutal assault upon those youths in Mexico City. I was on the board while this issue went from discussion to boycott outcry to actual event. I am very proud of everyone who had the courage to take action. As I understood it, the issue was not simply that MCR was being insulted, but irresponsible journalism. Jenny, Anni, have I got that right?

You have.
It's the matter that some people will read that paper and believe it, which could lead to much more serious issues. We've already let it slide a couple of times, this time we did something about it. Unfortunately, the majority of us are teens, which means we can't do much to help, but we did what we could, and that's what counts.
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 13th, 2008 at 06:58pm
Millstone:

It seemed like a bunch of teenagers upset because someone insulted their favorite band to me.

I hate stereotypes.
Millstone
Bleeding on the Floor
Millstone
June 13th, 2008 at 07:21pm
Deb:
The Daily Mail is akin to the NY Times here.

Shocked

Seriously! I'm American and I know that the mail is rubbish. It's like the British paper version of Fox News. I can't believe people read it for actually news. Crying or Very sad
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
June 14th, 2008 at 12:53pm
Millstone:

That wasn't the intention. It was more along the lines of S.O.P.H.I.E (who had representatives there) than us upset about our favourite band.

And hey, you're on a My Chem fansite, so does that mean they aren't important to you?

Dan Hetherton:
I bought Kerrang today, just to see the protest article, and left it in my friends bag....

When you get it, the leader with her sash on UPSIDE DOWN (epic phail, you guys EPIC) is me.
My history teacher laughed at me about that ( he saw us, he was eating his lunch at Marble Arch.....small freakin world huh?)

Why did you all let me walk around like that?!
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 14th, 2008 at 01:08pm
Hey, if you guys have Mibba then there is an article on there here

It is basically saying that The Daily Mail once again blamed music like the Foo Fighters, Slipknot, MCR, and Bullet For My Valentine for a 13 year old boy's death. When really he was being severely bullied.

It also mentions the protest XD.
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 14th, 2008 at 01:09pm
Fake Fight:

I didn't notice XDDD. Tehe
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 14th, 2008 at 01:34pm
Fake Fight:

When you get it, the leader with her sash on UPSIDE DOWN (epic phail, you guys EPIC) is me.

Rofl, you're kidding me?! -goes to see-

/spam
EDIT: rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor rolling on floor
FTW.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
June 14th, 2008 at 02:07pm
Millstone:
Seriously! I'm American and I know that the mail is rubbish. It's like the British paper version of Fox News. I can't believe people read it for actually news. Crying or Very sad

In the weeks since this whole thing happened, I've noticed how many places here in Florida sell the Daily Mail. I never noticed it before, but since the protest I've seen it sold in several gas stations and there are several billboards for restaurants and shops near the Downtown Disney area and along the 192 tourist corridor that have signs tacked onto them that read "Daily Mail Sold Here."

Knowing what I know now about this paper, it kinda worries me. I mean, I know that we have several British papers and magazines for sale around here (I've seen Kerrang! around at the Virgin Megastore, and they're selling OK! at checkout stands in grocery stores) because we have the British tourists that want to stay up-to-date on what's going on at home while they are here on vacation -- I truly am concerned. Obviously the Daily Mail has a huge reader base if they're selling it here in Orlando for the tourists. I've read a couple of issues in the weeks since the Hannah Bond incident and that is not the only irresponsibly-reported story I've seen in that paper.

They need to get some journalistic integrity. They are obviously some kind of an influence to the English population at large, they need to take that seriously and not print stories meant to incite misunderstandings of groups of people. Yes, I know, the "emo" label is as wrong and offensive as any other label, but labels, sadly, have been around for generations and are not going anywhere anytime soon.

I know it's too much to hope that they would have seen this protest as a group of people calling them to task for what they write; but they do need to be more factual and less biased in their stories.

I continue to be proud of everyone who was involved in the protest and that stood up against this publication. I only hope other groups will stand up as well and show this paper that they need to be responsible for what they print.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
June 15th, 2008 at 06:13pm
Awww . . . . I adore and have so much respect for Brigette. I'm so glad she was there to provide support.

This is kind of silly but looks like someone else has a vendetta out against the Daily Mail. I thought of the protest when this was posted a couple of weeks ago.

Although, I don't know if I approve of holding the Daily Mail ransom for $20,000 and a Dior suit lol.