Music

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
February 4th, 2009 at 12:31pm
Hullo sunshine:

is your signiture form the book the Host
Hi,
Please don't post things unrelated to the topic, the discussions board is for serious discussions only, and if you'd like to chat, you can use the WAYT threads or PM people instead Smile

And FYI, it is from The Host Wink

Thanks,
Jenny.
Justanotherstar
Salute You in Your Grave
Justanotherstar
February 6th, 2009 at 09:20am
A lot.
At the lowet times of my life music has helped me so much.
Looking back I don't know what I would have done without it.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
February 6th, 2009 at 11:30pm
When I'm down or I'm angry I will turn on a song that makes me forget about all of my problems and I don't know what I would do without it or where I'd be without it.
shazzam
Motor Baby
shazzam
February 7th, 2009 at 06:45am
Deb:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and volunteer the opinion that the gathered masses were already rowdy, rather than buying into the belief that a piece of music could make someone with a shred of intelligence violent. I also wonder if the original reporting historians were Conservatives.

Have you heard the Rite of Spring? Just a question, not being cheeky Wink
As soon as I heard the composition, I could imagine why it would bother the spectators who'd the majority had never heard such a difference in music before.
I believe it all started as arguements bloomed among the people watching, though I'm unaware of what they were arguing about. Perhaps the contrast to the norm the piece posed for them, and if it could even be considered a composition at all hahhahha.
outcast_chick
Killjoy
outcast_chick
February 11th, 2009 at 11:08pm
MCR is awesome.

end of story.

no need to exaggerate

or say anything.

we get it.

mcr owns.

the end.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
February 12th, 2009 at 12:45am
shazzam:
the majority had never heard such a difference in music before. I believe it all started as arguements bloomed among the people watching, though I'm unaware of what they were arguing about. Perhaps the contrast to the norm the piece posed for them, and if it could even be considered a composition at all hahhahha.
Then the crowd was arguing about whether or not it was acceptable to go outside the norm, not being made mindlessly violent by the notes in the composition.
Demolition Vampire.
Killjoy
Demolition Vampire.
March 27th, 2009 at 05:48pm
Music gives me hope that everything will be okay when i'm sad, and it calms me when i'm angry, it soothes my heart and soul. Music is a very important thing to me, it's part of my life. My chemical romance gave me a lot of hope, and so did other bands... Music connects with a lot of people, it speaks to you and i believe that it can help you in many ways emotionally, even though it can't fix anything else.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
March 28th, 2009 at 05:43pm
Going back to the last page, if a song convinces someone to not commit suicide, is that still not saving that person's life, as without the song, that person may have died?
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
March 31st, 2009 at 12:30pm
questionable content:
Going back to the last page, if a song convinces someone to not commit suicide, is that still not saving that person's life, as without the song, that person may have died?

that's always my point as well, when people say that music didn't save your life, you did. But if you hadn't heard a certain song or band then you wouldn't have been motivated to save your life, therefore the music did save your life.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 24th, 2009 at 01:03am
I think music impacts peoples lives greatly. It shows people a different point of view and it helps people who are in need feel like they belong if they relate to a certain song. I think music can save someones life by motivating them, and the song saves the persons life because without the song they wouldn't've had the motivation and inspiration to keep living. It can affect your mood as well.

I was reading on a YouTube video about how why My Chem is not a suicide cult, and some user said that they are because they have depressing lyrics which makes kids more depressed, and that they should listen to happy music because it makes people happy (he said other things, but this is the only thing that has to do with music). I think that's entirley not true because being really depressed and suicidal myself, happy music makes me more depressed because I feel like no one's like me. But, depressing music actually makes me feel better because it feels someone finally understands me and there's someone/something I can relate to. So music can help someone relate and feel better because they feel they belong.
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
April 24th, 2009 at 06:09am
i think that some music can influence how people feel.
it can make them feel better or it can relate to how they are feeling.
when it relates to how they feel, the sopng usually (but not always) has a way to deal with it hidden in the lyrics.
if this is found it could cause the person listening to do the 'hidden message' so to speak.

i have found druing my life that different genres of music influence different things.
for example, R'n'B or Hip Hop more often than not, especially in the past,
have influenced using guns for drive-bys, knife crime and they all think their 'Hard' jus 'cause they carry a gun/knife.
this is probably on eof the many reasons as to why knife criem has risen in the past few years.
other genres such as punk often show signs of rebellion... which is kool.
its the rebellion kinda music that probably influenced me all my life and gotr me into alot of trouble Razz

other genres are there to realte to how people feel such as 'Emo' music.
this often shwos how they feel for someone else
or miss someone.

personally, i think that its the 'Dumb' people that let the kind of music that boasts about guns and knives influence them are nto going to get anyone anywhere.

My Chemical Romance use lyrics and 'Hidden Messages' to shwo how there are alternatives to what alot of teenagers these days do... which is self harm.
i personally have. and regret it as i dont heal easily and im going to have to carry these scars for the rest of my life. i spose, for some people, its a habbit. a habbit for them to do when they get depressed.

so yeah.. music does influence alot of peoples lives.. but soem people take soem of things said to literal...
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
April 24th, 2009 at 08:39am
^^ I think it's unfair to blame RnB and Hip hop for knife crime, many people just generally like the music.

Besides, MCR use some lyrics about murder ect..

Are they to blame too?
BOINGage-MCRmy
Banned
BOINGage-MCRmy
April 24th, 2009 at 09:05am
im not blaming them.
its the way they portray it.

many R'n'B and Hip Hop artists boast about carrying knives and guns and make it sound liek a good thing.
whereas MCR dont boast about how kool they look poppin out the side of their SUV with a gun shoutin
'OM GONNA SHOUT YA ASS!'

lol.

i hear what your saying
and its true.
i jus think that the way they portray guns and knives is miss leading to their audience.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
April 24th, 2009 at 11:30am
I don't think R&B and rap influences drive-bys and things any more than MCR influences suicide.
We say we have a different interpretation of MCRs music, maybe they have a different interpretation of rap music.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
April 24th, 2009 at 02:27pm
^^ I agree completly. Blaming RnB for it would be completly hypocritical, since everyone here gets real annoyed whenever MCR is badmouthed
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 24th, 2009 at 04:04pm
John St. John:
^^ I agree completly. Blaming RnB for it would be completly hypocritical, since everyone here gets real annoyed whenever MCR is badmouthed
Agreed. At the end of the day, responsibility for one's actions must fall squarely upon their own shoulders. In the case of young children, that'd be their parents, not society, that messes them up like that.
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
April 24th, 2009 at 06:24pm
^ Yup.
Another thing is, for anyone who has heard Mindless Self Indulgence, they talk about violence, sex, drugs, and even glamorize it, just like R&B. But they don't get the same bad rap by so called "rock fans". It seems as if entire genres have been categorized and stereotyped: there is definitely some rap music (Tupac as a classic example) that does not glamorize those things.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
April 25th, 2009 at 10:20pm
questionable content:
Mindless Self Indulgence talk about violence, sex, drugs, and even glamorize it, just like R&B. It seems as if entire genres have been categorized and stereotyped.
Mindless doesn't glamorize those things, they satirize them. Adults fear whatever is both popular and sexy; that's why MSI flew underneath their radar (they're underground.)
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
April 25th, 2009 at 10:56pm
^ I suppose. But they do sound like they glamorize it.
My point is that even if they are talking about the same thing, one gets the heat and the other does not
Romantica.
Killjoy
Romantica.
April 28th, 2009 at 01:46pm
Music has helped me so much in life.
It play a very important role in my life,and music is something that
will never leave my life.

It helps me escape from everything. I think of the lyrics,listen to it.
And that puts me in my own little world,help me forget how hard life is.
It helps me think better when I'm doing work. Some songs fill my skin
with goosebumps. Some songs depress me,some songs put me in the
best mood. Sometimes,words aren't enough. So you can relfect your
feelings with music.

I can come home from a shitty day,but once I have my music, it makes
it all worth it because my music ends up putting me in a good mood.
Even if I come home in a great mood,I put music.

I respect anyone who listens to music, I would never be able to live with
out it after it has helped me so much.

There is just so much I can write about music,how important it is to me,
but I would never finish. (:

And it's true.

Music=Life

No music;
No life.