Don't have an account? Create one!

Music

AuthorMessage
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 7th, 2008 at 04:37am

agreed !

especially with the fuled by ramen statement.

HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
June 7th, 2008 at 08:01am
I have to say, I quite like most of the Fueled By Ramen bands. [Not love, but I'll listen to them if I want something poppy and fun to listen to. But I find I don't listen to them as much really].

I wouldn't say a band as saved my life, so to speak. But MCR and A7X have really helped me to realise that living is worth it. Like, I'm not going to say "OMG! They saved my life" etc, but their music definately helps me, and they give me hope and strength. That's why music is a big part of my life. I listen to it for every emotion I experience. And I love that bands like these, tend to write lyrics that you can easily relate to, and you find it easier to gain help from.
That's why I like most of these bands, other than the amazing sound their music produces Smile
DemolitonLover
Killjoy
DemolitonLover
June 7th, 2008 at 11:01am
music does have an impact. it helps you and makes you feel alive. my chemical romance had saved me and has made me feel happy to be apart of this world. there music sends an important message all over the world and there lyrics are all true. music can help you calm down and means alot to people
my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
June 8th, 2008 at 08:08pm
music has a huge impact on people. its lyrics can help you through tough times, or just cheer you up when you're sad. music can save your life, mcr sure saved mine.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 9th, 2008 at 01:42am
Thanks for the apology. Thats pretty cool, I got a Gibson SG Epiphone when I turned 15, but between work, theatre, school, pets, family, computer, and any social life I try to have, I hardly have any time to actually play. So far I've gotten the hang of the Day Tripper Riff and thats about it, not bad for two years I know Wink. My dad is a total music freak and my brother is the only one in his grade who actually pactices for band. He is to muisc as I am to animals. Music has always been a major part of my family esspecially as my parents have been taking me to shows since before I can remember. I pride myself in my knowledge of history, random facts, as well as a wide array of artists. I always freak when ever people ask who's on my jacket and its the inside of Sgt Pepper...How do you NOT know that?! As much as I love music I don't believe I'm gonna learn to read music or understand a whole lot of terminology, theres a lot of other stuff I want to learn first. I don't really know how to listen harder then I have been, and I don't think trying will ever let me hear what you hear.

You're taking me a bit literally and I understand what you're saying. But in my sense of the blues, every artist has his own take of it, and thus his own sound. Thats why there are so many different catigories. Hendrix took infulence from thouse before him and then amplified his diffenence by 10. He and the classic blues really go hand in hand, you need a broder perspective to appreciate both of them more. When you look at the entire histroy of the blues you can see how unbelievable Hendrix was and what he did with his music. He really became a force of nature while playing the guitar; creating monumental solos around a wall of feedback, all with a blues undertone so heavy and so hard its missed by the untrained ear. His message is the same as old blues players cause its all about freedom in the end, but its so highly electrified and energized that I see it as it being in a new Universe. Nobody will ever be able to do as much or go as far with the blues as Hendrix did, that is why I love him; he was the greatest of his kind.

Sounds good dude, I understand, I just like the song. Glad I got a little insight on Australian rap, believe me what you said is all I know. Beastie Boys....huh really. Again, don't know much there, what would you suggest as a way to understand them?

Yeah the corporate music world really screwed expression. When money is involved, creativity becomes an expense, and thats only for the real artists. There are way to many fake ones that are only in it for the financial benifit and thats were I see alot of rappers today. All you've gotta do is beat box the N word and dry hump for the crowd and you've got it made cause the record lables are happy with all the money. I hear you on production, but really how much is spent out side of production? Bands have more to do then worry about mixes thats for sure, so I don't know if your ratio really works from my perspective.

ide be happy to point you into the direction of some
excellent hip hop .
Thanks, but to be honest I'd be more interested in Zappa (I'm still fishin for a response) or Tupac first, then we'll get to hip hop.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
June 9th, 2008 at 05:15am
^you're really lucky. In my family music is something that sits on the shelf looking pretty, rather than something to be enjoyed. I bought my own bass, having saved up for 2 years, and then my parents got me trumpet lessons (?!).
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
June 10th, 2008 at 02:53pm
I 100% believe it does save lives. I know a lot of people say "MCR saved my life" and it may have lost meaning for some people, and yes, a lot of people do exaggerate it or only say it to be a "real" fan, but there are still people out there who turely saved my My Chem, myself included.
I agee with people who are saying that it takes a strong person to overcome depression, but i don't agree that that them means that MCR didn't save their life, they did, because without MCr they woudln't have wanted to save their own life, therefore MCR saved it, if you get what i mean?
I myself never wanted to try and save my life because i didn't see the point trying because i believed completely that it would never get any better, and sometimes i still don't, but i just have to remind myself of Gerard. He's living proof that you can be okay. I still may not believe that i will get any better, but i know know theres a chance that it will, and since realising that I have begun to feel better, even just a teeny bit.
Music is always there, when no one else is. Music has never let me down, whereas people have. It's there through everything, people aren't. My biggest problem is how socially awkward i am, so how can i talk to someone? With music, i don't have to tell them because they already know. They understand. They want to help.
I don't know if i've really managed to make my point because i never was any good at explaining things, but i do believe music saves lives.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
June 11th, 2008 at 03:26pm
Music has a big effect on a lot of peoples' lives. some may feel it's the only thing they can turn to if no one is there to listen or care about them.

I can't really say if music has saved my life...in some ways it has...some ways it has'nt. I won't say my chem saved my life..if I did...I think on some level it wouldn't be true. When my friend died...I was broken. no words can even begin describe what I went through and felt...if anyone has been in this situation, you'd know exactly how I felt.

I listened to my chem. A lot. I felt like I could relate to their lyrics.....like they wrote them for the fans. I could just relate to them so much. They reflected how I felt in everyway....all the emotion I felt. It made me feel better so mucho!!

So yeah, I think it can have a big part in peoples' life.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
June 12th, 2008 at 06:41am
I think the point is that music can change the way you feel, and the way you feel does affect your actions, therefore, music can save your life, because it removed you from a state of feeling desperate.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 12th, 2008 at 11:06am
^I somewhat disagree. I personally think that music can help you eradicate that feeling of desperation, but I don't think it can solely save you. That's a big claim to make when you think about it. That's basically putting your life into the hands of something that is inanimate. And although music is real and it is made by real people, I personally feel it is wrong to place that responsibility on a band or a music artist. Because at the end of the day, music artists are doing their job - they're making music, and although people like Gerard say that they want to save your life, ultimately, they're just making a crust and doing what they love. To want a band to save your life is a big claim.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
June 12th, 2008 at 11:19am
but if it helps you 'eradicate that feeling of desperation', then you are less likely to do something drasticly stupid, and therefore, the music has, indirectly, stopped you. It hasn't physically help you back, but it has made you feel differently, which has affected what you will do next. It's not putting your life in the hands of somthing inanimate, it's being affected by something that is designed to affect. It is not the responsibility of the band, it is your responsibility, but how you feel somewhat controls what you do, and music can change how you feel. You can't argue that music doesn't affect how you feel, as someone said earlier there's a reason why they play weepy violin music in sad films, rather than thrash metal.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 12th, 2008 at 11:39am
Of course it can affect how you feel - I was never disputing that. But only you can control how you act on those feelings you get from music. You can feel enlightened and happier by music, but that doesn't mean your life is going to be turned around just because you feel something. You have to act. The key word being 'you'. So ultimately, music can influence you, but it is up to you to save yourself. The buck stops with you, not music.
blakkat93
Killjoy
blakkat93
June 12th, 2008 at 01:55pm
i feel that music can help when your in a down mood but as far as saveing lives i dont think that it dose. your in charge of your own life. you do what you want. if you do something in life its not because of music its because you wanted to do what ever it was. i feel music dosent save anyone. you save your self.
photocopied_dreamx3
Killjoy
photocopied_dreamx3
June 13th, 2008 at 09:48pm
Honest? Music saves lives. It really does. It's the one thing everyone can realte too. Even if people have completly opposite tastes. Everyone likes some form of it
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
June 14th, 2008 at 01:56pm
mindfuck.:
Of course it can affect how you feel - I was never disputing that. But only you can control how you act on those feelings you get from music. You can feel enlightened and happier by music, but that doesn't mean your life is going to be turned around just because you feel something. You have to act. The key word being 'you'. So ultimately, music can influence you, but it is up to you to save yourself. The buck stops with you, not music.

Exactly, so it has influenced you to want to save your life.
Without the music to influence you, you may never get the help you need and act drastically.
I agree tat only you can choose how you act, but if the music makes you feel different, then you are going to act differently.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
June 14th, 2008 at 02:45pm
For me, music has a great impact on my life. Seriously, I can easily relate to the lyrics and stuff and it makes me feel like im not alone
vampirate516
Fabulous Killjoy
vampirate516
June 15th, 2008 at 10:25am
music in general has a HUGE impact on my life, like whatever im feeling i have a song to counteract it. and yes music and mcr truly saved my life, not saying this to be "cool" or a "real fan" but I was just so depressed and listening to music, wheather it be mcr or not, it just made me feel like theres other people out there who feel like i do, so i didnt feel so alone anymore.

however mcr wasnt the only thing that helped me get out of depression but by god did they help!!!

i think mcr has a huge impact on many peoples lives wheather you realize it or not.
Heybaberiba
Fabulous Killjoy
Heybaberiba
June 15th, 2008 at 11:48am
Music is the single most powerful form of "culture ritual." It can unite a whole people, it can spread a message, it can get people killed. Why could it not then save lives?
radio ga ga.
Demolition Lover
radio ga ga.
June 16th, 2008 at 02:05pm
photocopied_dreamx3:
Honest? Music saves lives. It really does. It's the one thing everyone can realte too. Even if people have completly opposite tastes. Everyone likes some form of it.
exactly.

i ponder about this a lot, like, how much music means to everyone. a lot of the time people think about just bands and their lyrics and everything that can "save lives". but it also means a lot to people who listen to opera, rap, hip-hip, pop, r&b, every type of music has it's groups of fans, or some people listen to multiple types of music, and they love all of it equally and it can change moods from bad to good, or vice versa. like someone else said, music can kill people, so why can't it save people, as well. music, in my opinion, defines society. where can you turn to in society and not see a form of music that people rely on. from wayyy back when people didn't have genres of music like we have today, who made their own chants and different kinds up, like the slaves, the egyptians, every era, every century, everywhere, people have had music that meant different things to them.

music is society, music makes people who they are.
of course with the help of other things and whatnot, but i truely believe music is a wonderful thing. it saves lives, kills lives, is what people do to make money so they have lives, it's a lot, and i'm gonna end up repeating myself, so i'm just gonna leave it as music means a lot to a lot of people.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 16th, 2008 at 02:34pm
someone stop this.:

music is society, music makes people who they are.
of course with the help of other things and whatnot, but i truely believe music is a wonderful thing. it saves lives, kills lives, is what people do to make money so they have lives, it's a lot, and i'm gonna end up repeating myself, so i'm just gonna leave it as music means a lot to a lot of people.
[/font][/size]

Music is society ? were probably not on the same wavelength here but that makes no sense. i mean not everyone takes music as seriously as others. like i know people on this site are going to be like "music saves lives" but consider society as a whole, a lot of people couldn't care what music they listen to as long as they're not being bored out of their skulls. at the end of the day music is a piece of entertainment.