Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
July 28th, 2008 at 11:22am
I think it's a good idea to have a topic like this because it gives us a chance to talk about it, for most of the places we talk there's homophobes and it's hard to go anywhere without people being like, "your bisexual, your gay, that's a sin."
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 28th, 2008 at 11:27am
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
I think it's a good idea to have a topic like this because it gives us a chance to talk about it, for most of the places we talk there's homophobes and it's hard to go anywhere without people being like, "your bisexual, your gay, that's a sin."

This doesn't really add to the discussion at all.
And there's not really that many homophobes, people are more accepting than you'd think.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
July 29th, 2008 at 05:02am
^ I've actually found that there a lot of people who are very upfront about being homophobic. My best friend is gay, and he was threatened to be killed by a stranger one day, and then later that day beaten up by a man and his friends who were saying he was disgusting, just bcause he was holding hands with his boyfriend.

I agree that not everyone is like that. But I thought there were more accepting people in the world, but it seems to be the other way. I didn't realise that until I've been included into rude remarks and threats just because of my best friend being gay.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 29th, 2008 at 06:28am
AmyPoptart:
^ I've actually found that there a lot of people who are very upfront about being homophobic. My best friend is gay, and he was threatened to be killed by a stranger one day, and then later that day beaten up by a man and his friends who were saying he was disgusting, just bcause he was holding hands with his boyfriend.

I agree that not everyone is like that. But I thought there were more accepting people in the world, but it seems to be the other way. I didn't realise that until I've been included into rude remarks and threats just because of my best friend being gay.

I think it's that those who are accepting tend not to speak up about it. I think homophobes are more vocal and aggressive about what they think. And of course there's a large number of people who don't want anything to do with either side of it.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
July 31st, 2008 at 08:48am
Eponine:
I think it's that those who are accepting tend not to speak up about it. I think homophobes are more vocal and aggressive about what they think. And of course there's a large number of people who don't want anything to do with either side of it

I agree homophobes are more forceful about the way that thy believe that being gay, bisexual, etc. is wrong, but the ones who accept it seem to just go on about their daily lives and don't let it bother them.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2008 at 09:05am
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
but the ones who accept it seem to just go on about their daily lives and don't let it bother them.

Which I like. I don't like anyone being overly in my face even if I agree with them. I just wish everyone would act that way.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
July 31st, 2008 at 12:58pm
Eponine:
Which I like. I don't like anyone being overly in my face even if I agree with them. I just wish everyone would act that way.

We all know that not everyone is going to accept things and move on, if they did it would make like so much easier...I'm tired of having people in my face telling me to 'prove it' when they find out that I'm bisexual, I just want to live my life the way that I want to and no be bothered by anyone else's opinion, but that's not going to happen. There will ALWAYS be homophobes and there's nothing that we can do about it.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
July 31st, 2008 at 03:05pm
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
There will ALWAYS be homophobes and there's nothing that we can do about it.

Ah, but that's the thing - we can do something about it. Maybe the generation in charge and the generation we're a part of have homophobes, but what if we started raising our children and our children's children in gay-tolerant and accepting households? It's about raising awareness, about telling people that homosexuals are no different from the rest of us and no less human. Even if you aren't a homophobe, you're contributing to the problem because you're not willing to get rid of homophobia and gay hate. We're lacking in enthusiasm for change.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
July 31st, 2008 at 06:56pm
^Yeah, but you can't force people to change, and trying to institute this kind of change from the ground up, so to speak -- for example, teaching it in schools -- is often rightly seen as manipulation of the young.

The problem is, people will often arrive at an idea whether or not they're introduced to it by someone else. And people who hold certain ideas will tend to congregate and form groups and once in a group, people become more vocal because they are backed up by others. Many people who are blatantly homophobic -- in my experience, anyway -- tend to feel that morality and the "silent majority" are on their side, which is partly because, to an extent, they are.

So how do we try to change this in a sensible way? As I said, trying to introduce the idea that "homophobia is wrong" to children at an early age is, in my opinion, wrong -- like I said before, it is not only perceived as but actually is a manipulation of the young, which in my view is a terrible thing to do. I think a better idea than saying "homophobia is wrong" is to say "people are people, regardless of who they love." Some things will still make people uncomfortable, yes, but in this instance, it's a live-and-let-live situation.
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
July 31st, 2008 at 10:22pm
this is how it is for me:

when i mension this topic, people say i take it overboard and that they won't discriminate whatever. then when i'm not talking about the use inappropriate terms and make fun of a gay boy.

and i agree that we could have a population crisis if everyone chooses to be homosexual because it's cliche and makes them 'cool'.
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
July 31st, 2008 at 11:11pm
^tbqh, we could afford to have a drop in population, it'd probably help things. but I don't really think "choosing" to be homosexual would work that well for people, sexuality isn't really a choice. After watching the results [well, online, hearing about it] of relationships between sexual and asexual people, people who loved each other very much but just couldn't make it work because their sexualities differed, I feel like people would realize that it just isn't possible to deny what you are so completely.
Same goes for people who try and become straight, it just doesn't work.

And I think telling kids that "people are people" and all that is in no way manipulating children, it's really the opposite. Children are already being fed the general public's opinion on sexuality, and it's just counteracting that and leaving them open to make their own decisions without being biased based on what they were essentially forced into beforehand.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 31st, 2008 at 11:30pm
It's The Joker:
and i agree that we could have a population crisis if everyone chooses to be homosexual because it's cliche and makes them 'cool'.

When would that ever happen? It wouldn't.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 31st, 2008 at 11:31pm
dp
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 1st, 2008 at 12:26am
how i feel is, if I like someone, i don't want gender to be an issue, but i like girls more then guys
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 1st, 2008 at 12:40am
Mindfuck:
It's The Joker:

When would that ever happen? It wouldn't.
well people follow whats "in" I know girls who claim to be bi to be cool, if they really are or not, thats not my place to say, are they influenced cause people think its cool? idk.

I'm personally not sure of my sexual prefrence, i said earlier I like who I like so, but not everyone would be homosexual, i have friends who would refuse to follow whats in especially if its being a homosexual.

But considering how much the gay community has grown I can see more people accepting it which would be great for so many people, their will always people who ar ehomophobic and think its wrong, but they people who support it has defedently doubled in my opinion the last 20-30 years (I wasn't allive, but I read alot so I know what I'm talking about)
DrainAllTheBlood-Xox
Killjoy
DrainAllTheBlood-Xox
August 1st, 2008 at 01:05am
ya i think its rather stupid that ppl think (especially girls in my school) who just say there bi or lesbian just cuz it's "in"

i remember how i used to have a crush on this girl and she was nice to me, but after she found out i liked her, she made stupid songs about me and called me homophobic names... ._.

but i agree with My Dear Delirious about now how numbers have climbed up on how much ppl are supporting the gay community ^_^
and thats awesome Very Happy

~christon
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 1st, 2008 at 01:23am
My Dear Delirious:
well people follow whats "in" I know girls who claim to be bi to be cool, if they really are or not, thats not my place to say, are they influenced cause people think its cool? idk.

I am quite aware of this fad. But that was not what I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that it would be virtually impossible for everyone on this earth to become so fixated in this "gay fad" that the population would suffer, which is was It's The Joker stated:

It's The Joker:
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 1st, 2008 at 03:02am
Mindfuck:

I am quite aware of this fad. But that was not what I was referring to. I was referring to the fact that it would be virtually impossible for everyone on this earth to become so fixated in this "gay fad" that the population would suffer, which is was It's The Joker stated:

It's The Joker:
ok, sorry MIndfuck. Maybe someday like we will be sectioned ou in to places to live base on or cliches pr whatever, like homosexuals in one area, rascis in another, star war geeks in another, who knows but would the homosexual part like have a population decrease? its possible but like most gay couples I've seen adopt kids if they want them or get like a seraget (sp?) Like if I end up with a chick, I want kids so I would find some way to get them.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 1st, 2008 at 03:13am
My Dear Delirious:
Maybe someday like we will be sectioned ou in to places to live base on or cliches pr whatever, like homosexuals in one area, rascis in another, star war geeks in another, who knows but would the homosexual part like have a population decrease? its possible but like most gay couples I've seen adopt kids if they want them or get like a seraget (sp?) Like if I end up with a chick, I want kids so I would find some way to get them.

That's called segregation. It's been tried before, and failed. And if all homosexuals lived off by themselves if they had no way to reproduce they would eventually die out. If they had surrogates it would probably do just fine.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 1st, 2008 at 12:32pm
The problem is that you can't force someone to change, I mean if they want to stay the same person that they are for ever then they're going to. I mean we CAN change some people's minds and let them know that there is really nothing wrong with being bisexual or gay, we can't help who we fall in love with.