Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 18th, 2008 at 06:59am
Ghostgirl191:
lately i've noticed that everyone is starting to play for their own team or both, nothing against, i fully support it. i'm just wondering whats going? people i've known for years are just all of a sudden gay, and all the cute guys at my school (that i would like anyways) are all going gay. to this i say " wth man?" Neutral
If people are suddenly "realising they're gay" randomly, then they're probably treating it as a fad. Because we all know that being gay or bi is so much more cooler than being plain old straight these days File

Last line was sarcasm by the way.

Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 18th, 2008 at 10:39am
Mindfuck:
If people are suddenly "realising they're gay" randomly, then they're probably treating it as a fad. Because we all know that being gay or bi is so much more cooler than being plain old straight these days File

Last line was sarcasm by the way.

It's ironic, isnt it. First, loads of people thinking it's wrong to be gay or bi, and you're only cool if you're straight, and then suddenly it's cool to be gay or bi, even if it's frowned upon by some people.
What's wrong with the world, huh?
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 18th, 2008 at 03:04pm
It's cool to be different now. It's not cool to be homophobic (thank god!) or to be exactly the same as everyone.

So people who normally would never have admitted their sexuality due to fear are now coming out, and mostly being accepted. Gay marriage is legal now, and so slowly the hatred is beginning to fade.

Celebrities who admit that they are gay, or hint at it, are helping to make homosexuality and bi-sexualty less and less of a evil sin.

3 out of 10 people are gay or bi. So really, it's not like a lot of poeple are becoming gay, it's just that it's not so bad to be gay lately, so a lot of people are "coming out" lately.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 18th, 2008 at 09:15pm
Bob.:
Gay marriage is legal now
Not in my country File
I'm all for same sex marriage, but it's not legal everywhere.

Bob.:
3 out of 10 people are gay or bi. So really, it's not like a lot of poeple are becoming gay, it's just that it's not so bad to be gay lately, so a lot of people are "coming out" lately.
Where are you getting those statistics from?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 18th, 2008 at 09:20pm
Bob.:
Celebrities who admit that they are gay, or hint at it, are helping to make homosexuality and bi-sexualty less and less of a evil sin.

But if they do admit to it, then they run the risk of ruining their careers. Not because of hate or anything. If say, Johnney Depp was gay and everyone knew it he wouldn't be quiet the heartthrob he is.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 18th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Eponine:

But if they do admit to it, then they run the risk of ruining their careers. Not because of hate or anything. If say, Johnney Depp was gay and everyone knew it he wouldn't be quiet the heartthrob he is.
Well then most likely he would be a gay icon. I think people blow all of this out of propertion. it's not like homosexuality is this awful sin, its love, and if you judge someone based on the fact they are gay, what really make syou that much better then them?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 18th, 2008 at 11:46pm
My Dear Delirious:
Well then most likely he would be a gay icon. I think people blow all of this out of propertion. it's not like homosexuality is this awful sin, its love, and if you judge someone based on the fact they are gay, what really make syou that much better then them?

I remember some program about an actor who was starting to get really popular (it was a while ago, I don't remember his name) but when it came out that he was gay he didn't get hired as much because directors thought women wouldn't find him desirable. There's nothing wrong with being a gay icon, but if someone wanted to be an actor, then they might be screwed. I know the guy in the program said that he was still getting work, but he only got small parts.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 19th, 2008 at 04:30am
Eponine:

I remember some program about an actor who was starting to get really popular (it was a while ago, I don't remember his name) but when it came out that he was gay he didn't get hired as much because directors thought women wouldn't find him desirable. There's nothing wrong with being a gay icon, but if someone wanted to be an actor, then they might be screwed. I know the guy in the program said that he was still getting work, but he only got small parts.
to me that is wrong, but Johnny Depp is big enough already that just to mentien his name and people flock to see the movie, but i was watching 60 minutes and they were talking about how gay and lesbian soldiers were being "honorabley discharged" because of it. I think it shouldn't matter of someones sexual orientation, I want to see how that defines a person. I'm bi, so does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to work, does that mean I'm some like monster that can't be seen by the public?
calculated sacrifice
Shotgun Sinner
calculated sacrifice
August 21st, 2008 at 12:32am
I just have one question in my mind:

How do you know if you're really gay, bi, lesbian, etc?

How can you be sure it's not just curiosity or a "phase" or its just that one person you like?
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 21st, 2008 at 07:13am
Frank-itis;:

How can you be sure it's not just curiosity or a "phase" or its just that one person you like?

I think it's with time, and if the "phase" lasts for a long time and you genuinely feel attracted to whichever sex it is, you can actually confirm your sexuality.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 25th, 2008 at 11:33am
i have quite a few friends who are bi or gay and some of them know rite from the very beginning of their lives and some realize it in time
but i support it
if that is what makes you happy then be happy! and my mom doesnt think they should call it marriage cause she says thats between a man and a woman
but i think they should cause marriage to means a bond between two people that love eachother so much they want to b with oneanother for the rest of their lives
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 26th, 2008 at 07:33pm
Frank-itis;:

I'd say if you have to question it all the time and you truly don't feel attraction to the same sex like you feel to someone of the opposite sex, you're probably straight or at least on that side of being bi,
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 28th, 2008 at 11:24am
It DOES seem as though, proportionately, more people than ever are in the very least bi-curious, but in my opinion, that's only because more people are willing to admit to it now. In my opinion, all humans have the potential to be both, but not all pursue that option.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 28th, 2008 at 02:32pm
Deb:
It DOES seem as though, proportionately, more people than ever are in the very least bi-curious, but in my opinion, that's only because more people are willing to admit to it now. In my opinion, all humans have the potential to be both, but not all pursue that option.

I completely agree. I think that everyone's a little gay, but not everyone accepts that part of themselves.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
August 30th, 2008 at 01:32am
It's not a fad where I live. It's still looked upon as wrong and disgusting around my peers and family.

I personally have no problem with it. I support it, as a gay rights activist. I'm bisexual myself, so I know what it's like, and when I see people that get made fun of or beat up because of what gender they are attracted to - I just don't understand it. If your gay, be gay. That's who you are, you shouldn't have to hide it. You're not hurting anyone else, so it's fine, you know?
City Of Flames
Killjoy
City Of Flames
August 31st, 2008 at 03:37pm
I totally support gay rightsClap

but one thing

you guys have been posting on this thread about homosexuality,being bi or heterosexual...

what about those who are transexual?
no one's said anything about that yet No

i have this...well...friend
actually its meDisgust
i like dressing up as a girl
but dudes,i am so not a girl
its a real problem and i cant figure out how to solve this
i go to school in an Asian school
so we all wear uniform
but at home...*sigh*
i need help but only a personal friend knows
he says i should be myself
but i hear that society can be cruel on those who are different
*puts head on desk and thinks*
this sucks! Crying or Very sad

now,as i finish this post,excuse me a moment...

*runs into a brick wall...oww*
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 31st, 2008 at 08:44pm
one of my very good friends posted this on myspace today, i consider myself bi, and this really got me think.

"How gay people are all about saying "we were born this way"
No, animals aren't homosexuals. They can't be. We're mamals too. It's all in the name of reproduction. Yes, humans are more complex, we have depth to our fucking brains. It's a state of mind, it's a psychological thing. Stfu.

Another thing.... everybody is all into "support love"

It's not all love. Not all hookups or who you're attracted to is love. It's pretty fucking raunchy. Over fucking 70% of relationships aren't actual relationships. It's just a hook-up. That's not love. That's fucknig horny ooohh fuck me in the gay ass, not "this is true love, support it, don't hate." It's just as bad, only maybe even worse, than tacky trashy girly sluts. It's not 'cute' or awww you like boys It's ew... wtf? You need sex that bad? Male attention? So stop defending it by pretending it's true love. Is that your excuse to be manwhores all ove the place. You like the same gender that you are yourself. Go for it. I've got no problem with that. What I'm sick of is 'gay' being a lifestyle, not a sexuality. And that's the truth. Not all gay couples, nor single couples, should be throwing around the depth of love like that.
Why the fuck is love so mediocre these days

There's chat rooms online.... "gay chats" "bi/lez only"... "gay clubs"... "gay pride parades"
Where's the straight parades? Clubs called STRAIGHT CLUBS. There aren't. Because it's no big deal. If gays want to be treated the same and blend in so well, why do they try so hard to flaunt it and stand out?
"

thoughts?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 31st, 2008 at 10:25pm
My Dear Delirious:
"How gay people are all about saying "we were born this way"
No, animals aren't homosexuals. They can't be. We're mamals too. It's all in the name of reproduction. Yes, humans are more complex, we have depth to our fucking brains. It's a state of mind, it's a psychological thing. Stfu.

"They can't be!"

But they are. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

Sorry to burst your bubble, but homosexuality is natural. Or do you think being gay or straight is just a choice? What if I said it was and that you could just choose to be gay tomorrow? That it was absolutely impossible that you could be straight by something other than choice - that you are only straight because of a psychological choice. It would piss you off, probably, that something as important as your sexuality has been dismissed as a mere choice, like paper or plastic. So don't say homosexuality is a choice - because it's been proven that it's something innate.

My Dear Delirious:

Another thing.... everybody is all into "support love"

It's not all love. Not all hookups or who you're attracted to is love. It's pretty fucking raunchy. Over fucking 70% of relationships aren't actual relationships. It's just a hook-up. That's not love. That's fucknig horny ooohh fuck me in the gay ass, not "this is true love, support it, don't hate." It's just as bad, only maybe even worse, than tacky trashy girly sluts. It's not 'cute' or awww you like boys It's ew... wtf? You need sex that bad? Male attention? So stop defending it by pretending it's true love. Is that your excuse to be manwhores all ove the place. You like the same gender that you are yourself. Go for it. I've got no problem with that. What I'm sick of is 'gay' being a lifestyle, not a sexuality. And that's the truth. Not all gay couples, nor single couples, should be throwing around the depth of love like that.
Why the fuck is love so mediocre these days

I'd hardly call love mediocre, but I'd call your gross generalizations of homosexuality mediocre. When was it up to you to decide that all relationships had to be long lasting ones rather than hook-ups. Or is this only a rule that applies to gay people? Because it sounds like you're disgusted by the thought that gay people can have one-night stands too. Guess what, they're human too. They can do the same thing straight people do - unless you think they're not part of the human condition? In which case, you're suggesting they aren't equal as human beings to straight people and don't deserve the same opportunities? If straight people can get drunk and fuck people without prolonging the relationship, gay people can too. At least they don't have a chance at pregnancy.

My Dear Delirious:
There's chat rooms online.... "gay chats" "bi/lez only"... "gay clubs"... "gay pride parades"
Where's the straight parades? Clubs called STRAIGHT CLUBS. There aren't. Because it's no big deal. If gays want to be treated the same and blend in so well, why do they try so hard to flaunt it and stand out?"thoughts?

What's wrong with being proud of who you are? You don't think centuries of being able to crush gay people under a straight-only rule constitutes a prideful life for straights? The reason there aren't straight clubs is that straight people don't have to endure the same things gay people do. Straight people don't get spit on and yelled at just for their sexuality. They don't get beaten to death or killed for their sexuality. Gay people do have something to be proud of, because being gay and open is a brave and hard thing to do. (and by open, I don't mean flamboyant. It's ridiculous to think that all gay people are the same - are all straight people the same?) Gays face ridicule, and harsh criticism, just for being themselves. So why not be proud of who you are? In the end, yourself is all you have, sexuality and all. I don't see the problem in gay pride - especially after all the shit they go through from ignorant people.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 31st, 2008 at 11:29pm
^ like I said earlier, I didn't write that, my friend did, I just wanted to know peoples thoughts on it. I completely agree with you. I'm bi because A) a really awful thing happened to me, and I don't feel comfertable around guys, ussually, there are times when I am, but I prefer girls. and B) I'm pretty messed up, like my mind is a total mess, I don't really have time to decide what I am, I'm bi polar so that is gonna change constantly, if I like someone, I like them.

But I do agree with you, like I said, my VERY conservative friend wrote that. But in all honesty i have been hearing that my whole life.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
September 1st, 2008 at 08:50am
My Dear Delirious:
Maybe you should make it clearer that it was your friend who wrote it, not you. Because in all honesty, after a while it seemed like you were writing it because you failed to give quotation marks in the right places, so it got confusing.