Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
not so pretty.
In The Murder Scene
not so pretty.
July 24th, 2009 at 10:27pm
Deb:
I get that, and I think everyone should view themselves in the way that ultimately makes them feel the most comfortable. When I brought up the issue of labeling, I was more concerned with gray area (or bi-curious, I suppose?) people, which - in my opinion - is everyone. I kinda like the idea of adding a "mostly" in front of your chosen label - that actually gives you the leeway that you need. I am just finding the sub-labels a bit murky. I'm having difficulty comprehending how a person can view themselves as both and female at the same exact time without having multiple personality disorder, although I do see how such a thought process technically creates a third gender. Perhaps I just need to sit down with someone who views themselves as genderqueer or pansexual so that they can help me understand a bit better.
I'd like to add that there people who consider themselves genderqueer who are something other than female or male. They don't consider themselves a mix, or both simultaneously, but neither.

Multiple personality disorder is when people have two or more separate identities, identities that can each include different patterns of thinking, ways of speaking, and personality. Having one identity that is both male and female isn't the same as having DID/MPD.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 30th, 2009 at 01:51pm
One theory I have actually heard before, is that everyone is actually bi-curious to some extent. They preformed tests that showed that even if a person is heterosexual, they will be at least slightly attracted to their own gender. They also found that almost everyone experiences at least a few erotic or romantic thoughts dealing with those outside of their own sexual orientation within their lifetime.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 31st, 2009 at 04:35am
xxZalanortxx:
One theory I have actually heard before, is that everyone is actually bi-curious to some extent. They preformed tests that showed that even if a person is heterosexual, they will be at least slightly attracted to their own gender. They also found that almost everyone experiences at least a few erotic or romantic thoughts dealing with those outside of their own sexual orientation within their lifetime.

How could you prove that though. It seems like a test such as that would have a massive percentage error. It would be so easy to lie.
Panda!
Killjoy
Panda!
July 31st, 2009 at 09:18am
Faraday:
xxZalanortxx:

How could you prove that though. It seems like a test such as that would have a massive percentage error. It would be so easy to lie.

All psychological tests have errors, there is no such way to test anything in psychology without there been weaknesses of the test and results, for example like you said people can lie.
However I would like to know how this theory would be tested, has a test actually been done to prove this theory? maybe more then one test?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 31st, 2009 at 11:00am
xxZalanortxx:
One theory I have actually heard before, is that everyone is actually bi-curious to some extent.
I've always believed that to be true - not everyone admits to it, though.
a touch of anarchy.
Shotgun Sinner
a touch of anarchy.
July 31st, 2009 at 11:16am
Yeah, I always believe thats true also.
t'lema
Salute You in Your Grave
t'lema
July 31st, 2009 at 04:59pm
Deb:
xxZalanortxx:
One theory I have actually heard before, is that everyone is actually bi-curious to some extent.

Do you mean the Kinsey scale?

Anyway, I definitely agree with this, everyone is fluid, and your relationships are always changing, with people around you from platonic to romantic to sexual and it shouldn't matter who with.
loverofchemicals
Killjoy
loverofchemicals
August 2nd, 2009 at 05:55pm
okay first off it's WRONG. just disgusting. completely horrible, they should move to a different island. bleck.
just my opinion. don't be hatin.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 7th, 2009 at 07:04am
Deb:
xxZalanortxx:
"Admits to it"? It's a theory, not something people have to admit is true. Some people believe it to be true, others don't. Just because you don't believe it's true it doesn't mean you're necessarily wrong.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 7th, 2009 at 11:32am
Mindfuck:
It's a theory, not something people have to admit is true. Some people believe it to be true, others don't. Just because you don't believe it's true it doesn't mean you're necessarily wrong.
<shrugs> It's my personal opinion that anyone who claims they've never once even thought about the same sex is either in denial or lying.
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 7th, 2009 at 02:40pm
Deb:
<shrugs> It's my personal opinion that anyone who claims they've never once even thought about the same sex is either in denial or lying.

Agreed. I often have seen people that classify themselves as heterosexual staring at others in the locker room, or doing something similar. I've also noticed that oddly a new trend in my school for girls is for them to sneak up behind other girls, and slap them on the anus. I've explained the theory to some of them, but the deny its factual value. I noticed however that while the were stating their disbelief, some of them had a sort of glint in their eyes. It was as though while they were denying the theory, they were having semi-erotic thoughts about their own sex. I noticed that quite a lot of people were smiling then.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 8th, 2009 at 12:17am
^You know, when I was about 13 - 15 I went through what I like to call a 'phase' where I did actually like girls, as well as guys. I thought I was bisexual. But as I grew older, I found myself no longer attracted to girls at all. I don't look at them the way I used to, I used to sexualise them and want to have sex with women... now, I don't harbour any of those feelings. It's not because I feel uncomfortable with bisexuality, it's because my sexuality has changed. I believe it's fluid, but i don't believe that every single person is bisexual. I think it has the ability to change at different stages in your life, or for some - not at all. I don't think everyone is the same.

I believe people when they tell me they're hetero or gay or bi or pan or whatever. If that's what they're comfortable calling themselves, then that's their prerogative, and who am I to call a gay person or a straight person 'bisexual' when they clearly do not identify as bi?

I'm personally uncomfortable being called something I feel I'm not, which is why I don't really like the theory you guys are proposing.
white_lies_red_truth
Fabulous Killjoy
white_lies_red_truth
August 15th, 2009 at 11:37am
Well especially as a teen, i can say in this time of self experimentation labels are dangerous. Alot of teens go through the gay/bi phase its just so taboo not many admit it. the trick is to find the self confidence to not need to label yourself. (there's a difference between knowing and walking the path)
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 16th, 2009 at 04:49am
loverofchemicals:
okay first off it's WRONG. just disgusting. completely horrible, they should move to a different island. bleck.
Shocked

I think that might be one of the most offensive things I've heard recently.

It's hardly wrong if it's something that you don't have control of. And I'm quite happy living on the island I'm on, thank you. Mr. Green
white_lies_red_truth
Fabulous Killjoy
white_lies_red_truth
August 16th, 2009 at 11:53am
wow just...

you really cant tell people to go live on some island and then tell them not to be offended
ChristineLovesRaquel
Killjoy
ChristineLovesRaquel
August 17th, 2009 at 12:09am
loverofchemicals:

You know, I would LOVE to move to that island where I can be as wrong, horrible, and disgusting as I want without being bashed. It would be awesome.
If I could, I would buy such an island so people like me can live our lives without being called such things. I realize that everyone has their own opinion, but there are much nicer ways to share said opinions.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 17th, 2009 at 11:10am
^^ ChristineLovesRaquel

i'll join you there. actually, an island where there isn't any homophobes...
better idea. howbout the HOMOPHOBES go live on the island. we stay here.
white_lies_red_truth
Fabulous Killjoy
white_lies_red_truth
August 17th, 2009 at 01:42pm
“Homophobia is gay.” - Frank
Hey listen up! All you racists, sexists, homophobes, and just plain assholes, we've got a message for you...GO THE FUCK HOME! We don't want you here, don't buy our merch, and don’t listen to our music. If you have our CD, break it. We don't want you and we don't need you here. - Gerard

you heard the boys i think i can safley say FUCK OFF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WE RETURN YOUR HATE WITH HATE I am aware that this is extreme, and i really should be banned. BUT before i am, ask yourself, am i not speaking in the voice our heros would want. This is The voice of INO, the message we stand behind. MCR's voice, back me up. Join the Rmy. lets make a fucking island my peeps!
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 17th, 2009 at 02:27pm
white_lies_red_truth:
“Homophobia is gay.” - Frank
Hey listen up! All you racists, sexists, homophobes, and just plain assholes, we've got a message for you...GO THE FUCK HOME! We don't want you here, don't buy our merch, and don’t listen to our music. If you have our CD, break it. We don't want you and we don't need you here. - Gerard

you heard the boys i think i can safley say FUCK OFF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WE RETURN YOUR HATE WITH HATE I am aware that this is extreme, and i really should be banned. BUT before i am, ask yourself, am i not speaking in the voice our heros would want. This is The voice of INO, the message we stand behind. MCR's voice, back me up. Join the Rmy. lets make a fucking island my peeps!

Very Happy Clap Clap Clap
white_lies_red_truth
Fabulous Killjoy
white_lies_red_truth
August 17th, 2009 at 02:44pm
thx