Don't have an account? Create one!

Sexuality - Homosexual, Bi-Sexual, Bi-Curious, etc.

AuthorMessage
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
August 17th, 2009 at 08:24pm
Suicidal Thoughts:

i'll join you there. actually, an island where there isn't any homophobes...
better idea. howbout the HOMOPHOBES go live on the island. we stay here.

RIGHT ON!!! Clap
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
August 18th, 2009 at 09:29pm
loverofchemicals:
okay first off it's WRONG. just disgusting. completely horrible, they should move to a different island. bleck.
just my opinion. don't be hatin.

Like many others have said, this band is supposed to be about acceptance and equality. I am sorry, since most likely you developed such harsh, misguided views from negative parental influence throughout your childhood. I also find the statements of others rather disappointing. I wouldn't want to move to that island, were we all accepted each other because we all were the same. I want to work towards a society in which we all accept one another even if we are different. Education, respect, and tolerance are all building blocks to such a thing. Let us teach others that we aren't out to destroy Christianity, family values, or other conservative ideas of our goals. We just want to be who we are. Besides, if you truly are distrustful, disgusted, or fearful of us for religious reasons, then you must remember some of the contradicting things that you are speaking of. You don't like us because the bible, Koran, etc. says it's wrong, but you are supposed to love your neighbor. You may consider it a sin, but it also says you should still love the sinners.(these apply of course if you follow an Abrahamic religion, I don't know enough about other religions that are against homosexuality) Just think about it for a little while.
LunacyFringe
Killjoy
LunacyFringe
August 18th, 2009 at 11:15pm
white_lies_red_truth:
FUCK OFF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WE RETURN YOUR HATE WITH HATE

Returning hate with hate is how the world falls apart. Thats how people ruthlessly kill others. Thats how countries bomb eachother, killing thousands of innocent civilians. Thats how things like genocide occur.

Returning hate with hate makes you no better then the people you are speaking out against. You dislike homophobes, alright, but if they hate you and you hate them right back, then you are just as bad as they are. They hate you for being for homosexuality, and if you hate them for being against it, then there is no difference there. Hate destroys homes, nations, and lives.

Dont go preaching hate. "Hate is easy, love takes courage". We need to be courageous.

(Sorry that was a little off topic, but that comment was something that I dont feel could be ignored)
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 19th, 2009 at 06:18am
white_lies_red_truth:
“Homophobia is gay.” - Frank
Hey listen up! All you racists, sexists, homophobes, and just plain assholes, we've got a message for you...GO THE FUCK HOME! We don't want you here, don't buy our merch, and don’t listen to our music. If you have our CD, break it. We don't want you and we don't need you here. - Gerard

you heard the boys i think i can safley say FUCK OFF YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT WE RETURN YOUR HATE WITH HATE I am aware that this is extreme, and i really should be banned. BUT before i am, ask yourself, am i not speaking in the voice our heros would want. This is The voice of INO, the message we stand behind. MCR's voice, back me up. Join the Rmy. lets make a fucking island my peeps!

Dude, calm down please, and don't swear on the discussions forum.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 19th, 2009 at 12:15pm
I really cant remember the username of the person who saidit but As wrong as i beleive that persons homophobic comment was, this is a discussion and they stated an opinion. Other people are just sinking down to there level by flipping out here instead of discussing and talking about why that person feels that way. if everyone flips out like white lies red truth did everytime a homophobic comment is made THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY PROGRESS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST HOMOPHOBIA.
Your Ghost.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Your Ghost.
August 20th, 2009 at 10:17pm
John St. John,It really doesn't help when people react with such outrage but I think that when people get so fed up with homophobia, they feel so angry that they let it out. There really was nohing wrong with his post except that he has extreme feelings. If everyone else can express their opnion, why can't he? Someone on here saying it was disgusting and wrong and how much they hate on homosexuals is expressing an opinion. To me that was an extremely vulgar thing to say. But while_lies_red_truth was just stating his opinion and I don't think it would be right in any way if he ended up getting banned. His opinion was just really strong.

BEING GAY, IS OKAY! I think that anyone who can't accept another human being for their SEXUALITY is being extremely unfair. End Of Story.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 21st, 2009 at 01:52am
WatchMen:
John St. John,It really doesn't help when people react with such outrage but I think that when people get so fed up with homophobia, they feel so angry that they let it out. There really was nohing wrong with his post except that he has extreme feelings. If everyone else can express their opnion, why can't he? Someone on here saying it was disgusting and wrong and how much they hate on homosexuals is expressing an opinion. To me that was an extremely vulgar thing to say. But while_lies_red_truth was just stating his opinion and I don't think it would be right in any way if he ended up getting banned. His opinion was just really strong.

BEING GAY, IS OKAY! I think that anyone who can't accept another human being for their SEXUALITY is being extremely unfair. End Of Story.

^I think the fact that he littered his post with swear words wasn't helping him though. There are better ways to express your opinion on the discussion boards. In fact, I think it's against the rules to swear profusely on here, esp. in this section. He also called a member 'a worthless piece of shit', which is really uncalled for.

If he was a little more eloquent his opinion might have come across better.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 21st, 2009 at 08:33am
^ Exactly. Swearing is okay on INO, but we try to maintain a no [or minimum] swearing rule on the discussions, as it really doesn't help, and most of the time is just insulting and makes you look unintelligent.

And I didn't catch the "worthless piece of shit" thing. Here on INO we respect each other and calling people worthless pieces of shit is really not very respectful, so cut it out.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 21st, 2009 at 03:03pm
I don't get why you guys always bring up what the band says as an excuse to not like homophobia. If the band said they liked pudding with crunched up cheetos and shredded spinach, would you guys eat it? Or if they said that chocolate ice cream was the worst thing in the world, would you guys stop eating it because they don't like it?

It's okay to not like homophobic views, but seriously give some of your own opinions instead of essentially saying: "Well MCR doesn't like it, and if you're a fan you have to be exactly like them because you're their fan!!!!!". It's such a stupid excuse.
ChristineLovesRaquel
Killjoy
ChristineLovesRaquel
August 25th, 2009 at 10:03pm
I agree with gnihsams snikpmup.
A lot of fans have become obsessed to the point where they let the band's opinions take over their own.
Lord knows I'm 100% against homophobia, but not because of the band. It's because that's who I am.
You don't have to adopt MCR's way of thinking to be a true fan.
Be against homophobia because that's who YOU are, not because that's who THEY are. And if you're against gay people, it's fine by me, as long as you're POLITE about it. Like, don't go telling us you think we should all move to an island away from everyone else.
xxizzyrossxx
Killjoy
xxizzyrossxx
August 26th, 2009 at 10:40pm
ChristineLovesRaquel:
I agree with gnihsams snikpmup.
A lot of fans have become obsessed to the point where they let the band's opinions take over their own.
Lord knows I'm 100% against homophobia, but not because of the band. It's because that's who I am.
You don't have to adopt MCR's way of thinking to be a true fan.
Be against homophobia because that's who YOU are, not because that's who THEY are. And if you're against gay people, it's fine by me, as long as you're POLITE about it. Like, don't go telling us you think we should all move to an island aw
y from everyone else.
I'm with u there! I hate peeps who r aginst u folwing or emothions and it's not our choice!
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
August 29th, 2009 at 09:17am
^ Please watch your chatspeak. Smile
white_lies_red_truth
Fabulous Killjoy
white_lies_red_truth
September 7th, 2009 at 06:01pm
ok guys i apologize for the harsh way i expressed my "extreme" opinion, and do acknowledge that it was a stupid thing to say born out of the frustration of the moment. i agree that in order to progress as a civil culture we must be patient and more than just "tolerant" but excepting. What I said was way out of line. I hope you see MCR as a banner to unite under and not just a reason to unite, meaning the cause not the action. that was the reason for the quotes(not if Gerard likes it I like it)
famouslastwordsxoxo
Killjoy
famouslastwordsxoxo
October 15th, 2009 at 04:01pm
I am heterosexual but a good friend of mine is gay. People tease him and I always stand up for him and I know people have their own reasons for being homophobic and what not but homosexuals etc are people
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
October 16th, 2009 at 10:31am
i think tha tpeople bring up what the band say, a lot, because it is a fansite and they think maybe a 'real fan' agrees with all the band's morals and whatnot
but the truth of the matter if, the only thing that constitutes being a fan of my chemical romance is liking their MUSIC. not anything else.
so i think people bring up the band a lot because it's a fansite.
BUT also, you shoudn't use other peoples views to make up your own.
if you really are a homophobe, thne you are. and if you really are anti-homophobe without being influenced by a band, then you are.
i think people should be able to discuss their views on sexuality and on how THEY themselves think rather than constantly bringing up things that the band said.
i tried to make a point. . .but i said the same thing in like 15 different ways and i still feel like i haven't gotten the original message across.
boo.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 16th, 2009 at 08:02pm
All right, let's get back on track folks. That's not what this thread is about.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
October 18th, 2009 at 06:00am

Before I start I want to say that I'm not entirely sure on my opinion. Like, I've thought about it but it's not something I'm really 100% certain on. And it might not make sense... just warning you. ;D

I think homophobia is wrong (Not "homophobia is gay). I am completely for the gay rights movement. I'm personally not gay. But at the same time if I found my soulmate in a woman, I wouldn't say "No I can't be with you cause you have a penis." I'm not sure if I can explain it well. I'm not gay, but I fall in love with a person, not a gender. However I am more inclined to men as I regard myself as straight. I really hope that made sense.

Also I think I have a friend who is slightely homophobic. Not the kind that would go out and physically or verbally abuse a gay person, but he just doesn't really like the concept and he thinks its unnatural. That's fine, and I respect his opinion but it's not like I would cut all communication because he believes different.
I think theres a whole 'thing' about being accepting gays. To me it seems like you have to be in support of the movement in order to be a normal teenager. Does anybody else think this?
questionable content
Always Born a Crime
questionable content
October 18th, 2009 at 08:28am
To an extent, yes, you do have to be (or appear) accepting of gays to be a normal teenager, at least where I live (Massachusetts), so I don't know what it's like in other areas. At the same time, sometimes it does seem like there's this general thought that if you are gay, that becomes your main identifying feature.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
October 18th, 2009 at 09:13pm
Lovesick Melody.:
To me it seems like you have to be in support of the movement in order to be a normal teenager. Does anybody else think this?
I don't know... that doesn't appear to be what happens in my part of the world (Australia). I feel that homophobia amongst teenagers is alive, with the use of the word "gay" still used a lot to mean something negative or bad. That's just a small example.

On the flip side, I've noticed a tendency for more teenagers to declare their bisexuality, or lesbianism (can't say the same for gay guys...).
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
October 20th, 2009 at 06:32pm
I see a normal number of teens who disagree with the movement. I think when you're in a region with a larger religious sect (I'm in the US South), you'll find homophobia and general disagreement with the lifestyle.