Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance - Sydney Parade

AuthorMessage
Worlds Away
Jazz Hands
Worlds Away
June 8th, 2008 at 04:06am
Hi all. My friend, Alina, and I were thinking, since so many people are having mcr parades, why not have one in Sydney? We were considering having it on the twenty-third of July, on the same street they use for mardi gras. We hold our arms open wide to suggestions, ideas, questions, and anything else such as that. (Sorry if this is in the wrong place, wasn't sure where to post it Smile)
Garry Way.
Fabulous Killjoy
Garry Way.
June 8th, 2008 at 04:48am
i hope it works *crosses fingers*
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
June 8th, 2008 at 08:29am
If you want to use a huge street like that, you will probably have to rent it as its a busy place. I dunno if people will want to pay for it Neutral

I'd set a more ideal date and a more er...appropriate place to hold it.

I'd set it for something in September Yes seems like a way off but you gotta give these things time and preparation.

And please check with your local police department if its okay to have a 'parade' Wink
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
June 8th, 2008 at 10:19pm
I'd happily be a part of it if you can get all these kinds of things figured out =]
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
June 14th, 2008 at 09:36am
Worlds Away:
Hi all. My friend, Alina, and I were thinking, since so many people are having mcr parades, why not have one in Sydney? We were considering having it on the twenty-third of July, on the same street they use for mardi gras. We hold our arms open wide to suggestions, ideas, questions, and anything else such as that. (Sorry if this is in the wrong place, wasn't sure where to post it Smile)

Oxford St?

Smile I love that place Very Happy
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
June 15th, 2008 at 02:45am
dude.
i'd totally come.
i live abot an hour away from sydney, but i reckon i'd be able to go, coz i go to all the anime things down there.
but i'd agree with the person 3 posts above, try to make it in september.
Worlds Away
Jazz Hands
Worlds Away
August 16th, 2008 at 05:10am
Worlds Away:

To change the original post, we're going to change that date since that date has passed and we kinda, sorta forgot about it. Tehe So, maybe something in a few months time, with a spot of help of course, it could happen?
Garry Way.
Fabulous Killjoy
Garry Way.
August 17th, 2008 at 06:05am
Erm, since we are just two teenagers with a big plan, is anyone willing to help us, plan this event? Reply on thread.
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
August 29th, 2008 at 11:30pm
I'm willing to help
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 30th, 2008 at 12:46am
ill help it definately, i know im only 15 but i think we can all be organised enough.
september-ish would be good and i think we need more people aboad if we ca even think about a place to do it. we could do it on the street near town and the QVB, a lot of protestors go there. maybe after we've organised it enough we could send out a roll call for all those who want to do it and fine tune it from there...
asha shake.
Devil's Got Your Number
asha shake.
August 30th, 2008 at 01:27am

September-ish?
You do realise that it's September next week...?

I still think you're in way over your heads if you are thinking of doing a street parade.
I highly doubt enough people will go, and even if they did, they'd need you to 'book' the street, so to speak, probably 6+ weeks in advance.
Plus, for a street parade, you'd need to notify the police, and probably lodge something with the local council too.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
August 30th, 2008 at 01:41am
you know what kids? If you really want to do a street parade in Sydney, why not make it coincide with the Under the Blue Moon Festival? It's October 4th on King St, Newtown & already, there will be lots of costumed people walking around the street and photographers.

However, it is essentially a goth festival, so I'm not sure how well it will mix with goths and metal fans. If you don't deck yourselves out in the stereotypical emo gear, and really make some Black Parade related costumes, it might be worth a try.

that's my 2 cents.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
August 30th, 2008 at 06:07am
^and on Enmore Road, Enmore. Which is right next door to King Street.

but i agree, i don't think the goths would appreciate mcr fans crashing their festival...and be warned there are always several hearses complete with coffins in attendance....

I don't say that to discourage you by the way, i mean that, but I don't know if that sort of thing could be organised in Sydney...

But either way, make sure you get yourself to Under The Blue Mon on the 4th, its always an experience Smile
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 30th, 2008 at 06:28am
yeah,actually the more ive thought about this. i dont think its going to work because there is no real need for a parade. the oter parade was against something the daily mail had done, we ahve no reason right now in sydney, and i dont think that it should just become a random thing to do a parade. if we are doig it were doing it for a reason. now i know there are plenty of reasons to support MCR but why not just support them in our local community and spread their word and do good deeds and such or veen just trying to tell your friends what they're about.
i dont think we should make doing a thing like a parade like the others had done a gimmick, we have no specific reason that is relavaent to now and will probably not have eough supporters anyway.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
August 30th, 2008 at 07:39am
^^ I'm definitely going to Under the Blue Moon. Last year I heard about it but stupid uni assignments were in the way. I was thinking of going as a zombie with my friend...ahahh coffins and hearses? that's real serious.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
August 31st, 2008 at 04:23am
i've heard about Under The Blue Moon festival and i've always wanted to go. im so going this year. and im gonna take my camera.
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
August 31st, 2008 at 07:40am
let's meet up!
in fact, let's have a Sydney INO meetup at Under the Blue Moon!
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave
Strfckrs Inc.
September 1st, 2008 at 09:28am
omg thank you for reminding me about under the blue moon
i've wanted to go for the past two years but my friend & i suck at arranging these things XD

I AM SO GOING THIS YEAR!
*hugs you all for reminding me*
Garry Way.
Fabulous Killjoy
Garry Way.
September 21st, 2008 at 05:47am
Hey..
That might be a good idea.
A INO meet up.
Sounds better than a parade :XD
Strfckrs Inc.
Salute You in Your Grave