facepalm.
June 16th, 2008 at 05:15pm
Tbh, I've always hated Bebo.
Poor kid...
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
June 17th, 2008 at 06:32am
Ok, the Daily mail just won't give up...let's have a portest again, and this time let's make it the "brutal" way. Just joking!

Why is it that MCR's the number 1 band to blame, everytime there's a "suicide" happens? I mean, there are lots of real "emo bands" out there that's spreading the "art of suicide"!!! Slipknot, Foo Fighters and Bullet for my Valentine?! That's just fuckin' stupid.

And I feel sorry for the poor boy.
Helena of Sorrows
Fabulous Killjoy
Helena of Sorrows
June 17th, 2008 at 07:17am
this is so depressing.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
June 17th, 2008 at 07:14pm
robert mccracken:
...The Daily Mail, wrote that his interest in music, and 'emo' culture were partly to blame for his death. Claiming that Sam listened to, and was heavily influenced by, alternative rock bands such as the Foo Fighters and Slipknot, as well as so-called Emo music, championed by bands such My Chemical Romance, and Bullet For My Valentine. ...

The Daily Mail reporters really need to learn how to write a convincing article. I mean, honestly; when you list artists from like, four different genres, you completely lose the point you're trying to make about the "emo" genre being to blame for all this. I mean, cummon, Foo Fighters and Slipknot in the same sentence? Honestly.
As far as I'm concerned, the Mail is incapable of writing an article to back up any points they are trying to make, and are obviously too thick-headed to see past their own prejudice. I am so glad this article mentioned the peaceful protest; you guys really made history over in London! Bravo! And notice how the Daily Mail mentioned My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, and blink-182 in their last anti-emo article (I'm still cracking up over that ...), but this time, they only listed GC and blink? I wonder if they were afraid of another protest; maybe this time not so peaceful? Way to go, guys - you really made a difference!

In my opinion, Sam's death should not be blamed on any band, any subculture, and definitely not on personal appearance. His suicide was the result of cyber bullying, and no matter how a person dresses or what music they listen to, people still get bullied. He was the victim of a social crime that's being committed all over the world, everyday.
Suicidal, at only thirteen! My God, what is the world coming to?!
Rest in peace, Sam. You will be missed by those who loved you and for those who didn't know you personally, your death is yet another example of what an unjust world this place can be.
William the Bloody
Killjoy
William the Bloody
June 17th, 2008 at 09:32pm
The Daily Mail needs to just give it up. When will they learn?
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
June 18th, 2008 at 01:18am
God, so the Daily Mail have blamed MCR when all of the other newspapers have blamed the bullies.

GRAH! That really pisses me off. They just don't get it and they never EVER will.
Mercutio
Motor Baby
Mercutio
June 18th, 2008 at 01:19am
demolition.loverxx:

You will be missed by those who loved you and for those who didn't know you personally, your death is yet another example of what an unjust world this place can be.

So true. I'm extremely sorry that the Daily Mail is warping your death into another case for it's "MCR = Suicide Cult" argument.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
June 18th, 2008 at 01:45am
are they fucking kidding?
seriously?? do they not get it?
Danae
Always Born a Crime
Danae
June 18th, 2008 at 05:50am
...god... the daily mail just keeps at it... pathetic.... they just won't stop...... it pisses me off actually... I hate them.... and in the words of Gerard... FUCK THE DAILY MAIL!
Robert Corey Bryar.
Always Born a Crime
Robert Corey Bryar.
June 18th, 2008 at 04:18pm
these bastards are just perpetuating the cycle... how about these parents focus on their kids instead of the music they're listening to... maybe Mr. and Mrs. So-and-so could have helped if they looked up from E! or Readers' Digest to talk to their fucking kid every now and then... this shit pisses me off... they're spending more time in the outside world absorbed in everyone else's problems and just ignoring the ones at home.. kids at this age especially need to be reinforced with the knowledge that they matter, instead of what store Angeline Jolie was seen buying a candy bar at...

[/rant]
Jenny.
Jenny.
June 18th, 2008 at 05:54pm
The Kooks.
Really Not Okay
The Kooks.
June 19th, 2008 at 10:27am
^ It isn't there anymore.

For me at least.
Just Steph...
Motor Baby
Just Steph...
June 19th, 2008 at 11:31am
It's so sad that kids don't realise bullying will end one day =[
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
June 28th, 2008 at 08:38am
of course its not the bullies fault that he killed himself, its the fact that he was 'emo' .so they're basically trying to say that a 13-year-old kid isn't allowed to listen to whatever he wants or dress however he wants without being bullied. the daily mail, once again, managed to piss me off and they didn't even have to mention MCR....will they ever learn?

R . I. P sam Crying or Very sad
NewHairSameShit.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NewHairSameShit.
June 30th, 2008 at 10:49pm

Are they EVER effing going to give up? This is completely pointless.
It isn't because of a band. It's because of the fucking society we live in and the
things that people say every day. The way we treat each other just horrifies
me. I know I can be a bitch, too, but I would never ever go to such lengths to
make someone's life miserable. People shouldn't blame bands and people that
TRY TO HELP other people. The parents of Hannah Bond didn't really do any-
thing after seeing the cuts on her wrists, and personally, parents need to be
more involved in their children's lives. That also brings us to, Was this going on
at school? If it were, why didn't teachers or his friends try to help, at least?
You can pin this on a band, or a person, or even a single thing.
The way of life these days just sickens me sometimes.
R.I.P.
Person.
Killjoy
Person.
July 1st, 2008 at 09:29pm
Whoever continues to point the fingers at MCR and other bands in that scene needs to shove it. I'll bet an outrage would break out if someone made constant accusations about negative effects rap can have on people.
People make their own choices, whether they ever felt influenced by a band or not. This poor boy--may God rest his soul--made the decision to commit suicide. MCR did not make it for him. The constant bullying was of no help either; but in the end it was HIM who decided to take death's rode.
I wish his family only the best and they will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will the boy. Something needs to be done with the other children who were constantly teasing and torturing him.
Adorkable.
Motor Baby
Adorkable.
July 1st, 2008 at 09:44pm
Because, of course, we're all emo kids. And we all eventually will kill ourselves. Just because we listen to *snickers* "emo" music. (Because MCR is totally "emo".)
</sarcasm>

People blaming the music and not the kids leaving harmful messages should shove it up their self-righteous noses.

^Agrees with post above