Don't have an account? Create one!

School Uniform

AuthorMessage
demon dean
Always Born a Crime
demon dean
July 21st, 2008 at 12:35am
the only thing my school really needs is a stricter dress code.
and that is what every parent, including mine andd even the teachers, are saying.

girls are walking by ADMINISTRATORS with skin tight tops and pants that have slashes under the butt and they dont say anything. if they did, we wouldnt be having this problem. therefor, i think there is some fault on the administrators.
as well as parents for letting their children even walk out of the house like that.
Electric Warrior
Jazz Hands
Electric Warrior
July 21st, 2008 at 08:40am
My old school (and as good as every other school in Sweden), doesn't have a uniform.

If you wear something that is not classified as 'normal', people may well end up talking about you behind your back/become quiet when you walk into the room et cetera.
If you happen to be a sensitive person, you might be quite upset about this.

I do not think that a uniform stamps out individuality.
When people say "everybody's different", they do not mean what we look like.

But, as I said in the beginning, I have never been forced to wear a uniform.
I would not protest against it, though.
tiny-t
Killjoy
tiny-t
July 21st, 2008 at 01:33pm
i've not long left school. but now i'm not in my unifrom i feel i can be me. i remember when i went to school with a studded wrist band on, and i got told to remove it when i asked why they told me it was cause, it could harm some one. then they told me to take out my ear rings i was like their studs for beeb sake. bot when a CHAV walked by with really big hoops in she didn't see her i was like what the beep!?!?!
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 21st, 2008 at 02:44pm
A studded bracelet could be used to harm someone. My school didn't allow jewelry for a year because students kept using chains, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, ect. as weapons.
What's a chav?
Jenny.
Jenny.
July 22nd, 2008 at 12:12pm
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 22nd, 2008 at 03:08pm
I don't believe in uniforms. You only have a few ways to express your self and one way is through clothing.
Jenny.
Jenny.
July 22nd, 2008 at 06:09pm
^ But there are other ways of expressing yourself...
Personally, I think there's no NEED to have to express yourself in through your clothes at school. You have plenty of time to do it outside of school, and school is for learning; it's not a fashion show.

Just my two cents.
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
July 23rd, 2008 at 12:51am
Scars On Broadway:
I don't believe in uniforms. You only have a few ways to express your self and one way is through clothing.

Unless you've got a mind.

Or imagination.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
July 23rd, 2008 at 02:26am
i like having aschool uniform, but im used to it cause where i am everyone public or private wears a uniform. i thik that you can express yourself in different ways and be on the fashion show out of school. i found that it actually takes out a lot of bullying and discrimination at schools, i come on mufti days and see alltypes of people sitting together and being friends that you wouldnt expect. whereas if they didnt have the school uniform there would be more a chance they wouldnt be friends cause of stereotyping or such.
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 23rd, 2008 at 12:19pm
Faye Merci:
Scars On Broadway:

Unless you've got a mind.

Or imagination.

of course having an imagination is a good way to express yourself. i said one way is through clothing because i wear band merch everywhere to express who i am
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
July 23rd, 2008 at 06:19pm
Scars On Broadway:

of course having an imagination is a good way to express yourself. i said one way is through clothing because i wear band merch everywhere to express who i am

True.

But what about the poorer kids who have little money to buy clothes?

Should they be ridiculed everyday just so you have the chance to express yourself?
Toybox Trash
Killjoy
Toybox Trash
July 23rd, 2008 at 07:03pm
Alan Carr:
Scars On Broadway:

True.

But what about the poorer kids who have little money to buy clothes?

Should they be ridiculed everyday just so you have the chance to express yourself?

i've thought about that a lot too and here's what i have to say, imagination kills all if you're expressing yourself.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 23rd, 2008 at 11:43pm
Scars On Broadway:
i wear band merch everywhere to express who i am

Bands you like don't define you. That's a narrow mindset. But that's a whole different discussion.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
July 24th, 2008 at 03:39am

I happen to be very "pro uniform" ! The way i see it is that uniforms keep everyone looking neat. i dont think there is a secret sinister plan to distroy individualism or to kill your imagination, Uniform is just getting people used to the various dress codes that you'll probably encounter outside of school.
Im sure there are heaps of employers that insist you wear certain things for jobs, not to mention at fastfood joints and departments stores your most definatly supposed to wear a uniform, and its just basically to make you look presentable.

Theres really too much emphasis with how good you look at school and like someone mentioned earlier its not a fashion show. Your there to learn i suppose and you dont have to be wearing a band tee and other merch to learn things.

If you really need a band tee to express you are, you have to find more ways to express yourself.

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 24th, 2008 at 06:08am
Hellmigz:
i dont think there is a secret sinister plan to distroy individualism or to kill your imagination, Uniform is just getting people used to the various dress codes that you'll probably encounter outside of school.

I agree. I think there are a lot of people who exaggerate the cons of wearing a uniform. No one is at school that much that it completely ruins your perception of yourself and your supposed individuality. Most of that happens in your mind, and it's easy to blame something like uniform for suppressing your identity when I believe it is the person themselves that suppresses their identity. If they let something like a school uniform get them down about their identity, then they need to be more imaginative I think.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
July 24th, 2008 at 11:30pm
Hellmigz:

If you really need a band tee to express you are, you have to find more ways to express yourself.

Agreed; a walking advertisement is all that really amounts to. I do think being over dramatic about uniforms will cause kids to suppress their identities subconsciously, and let's face it, you can't go through life always being over dramatic or you'll have a really tough time of it.
Eight Bitter Years.
Killjoy
Eight Bitter Years.
July 30th, 2008 at 09:07pm
There is no point to uniforms. IF it is supposed to make people look smart, then why do they make them look so stupid? Kids wear the clothes that they wear to express thier personality. Why should schools have the right to take away one of the only things kids can do to express themselfs?
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
July 30th, 2008 at 09:30pm
olafmychem:
There is no point to uniforms. IF it is supposed to make people look smart, then why do they make them look so stupid?

They usually don't. Most uniforms make students look more business like.

Kids wear the clothes that they wear to express thier personality. Why should schools have the right to take away one of the only things kids can do to express themselfs?

Clothing is not the only way to express yourself. There are a million other ways. You only have to wear it for about 30 hours a week, you can wear whatever you want the 138 other hours of the week.
Schools absolutely have the right to prevent students from wearing things that view inappropriate. A business can fire you for the same reason. As someone else has already said. School is not a fashion show it is for learning.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
August 1st, 2008 at 07:17am
olafmychem:
There is no point to uniforms. IF it is supposed to make people look smart, then why do they make them look so stupid? Kids wear the clothes that they wear to express thier personality. Why should schools have the right to take away one of the only things kids can do to express themselfs?

You may feel you look stupid as an individual but think about it this way, everyone is wearing the same thing so why would you look stupid if the guy next to you is wearing the exact same thing ?

Why is it that everyone says that the way you dress is the end all to how a person expresses themselves. It clearly isn't art would still be art if the person who did it was wearing a uniform. Music would still be music if the person who played it was wearing a uniform. Uniforms do not DO NOT minimize your capacity to express yourself. It is merely a means to ensure an equal playing ground and to keep the student body looking neat and respectable.

Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
August 17th, 2008 at 10:26am
urrgh catholic school uniform