Don't have an account? Create one!

School Uniform

AuthorMessage
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
August 17th, 2008 at 11:34pm
I honestly don't mind wearing a school uniform.
As other people have said, it saves me from having to choose something to wear everyday.
Our school not only sells new uniforms, they sell second hand ones as well, which might I say are fairly cheaper. So for the people who can't afford an entire new uniform can buy a second hand one, or get a loan or whatever.
One of the reasons why my school has a uniform is to show our talents through our personality and skill, rather than what type of clothes we wear.
We have free dress days all the time as well, where you just bring in a cold coin and the money made gets donated to a charity eg. Jeans for Genes day.
My school uniform isn't that bad compared to others I've seen, so I should be grateful. But we're not supposed to wear outrageous jewelry, our hair has to be a natural colour, and we're not supposed to wear make-up (although most of the girls do.)
Some of the teachers are extremely anal on the rules, while some don't even care.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
August 19th, 2008 at 09:52am
I no longer have to wear uniform, but I enjoyed wearing it. We had a strict uniform policy, which our head of year was passionate about, almost to the point of stupidity. You could still express yourself. If you were a girl, you could tie your hair up in a sports ponytail, or have it down, or braided. Girls had the choice of wearing a skirt or pants. Guys could wear black or gray pants. The posher kids wore gray, the more tarty girls wore slightly shorter black pleated skirts. The girls that came from private schools all seemed to wear white knee high socks, black buckle shoes, and grey skirts. You can still be yourself in uniform, you just have to adapt to it. I wore narrower black pants, and a black sweater-vest rather than the standard one with sleeves. I wore my hair longer, and whilst I did get told to have it cut, I didn't look the same as everyone else. You can still express yourself withinn the confines of uniform, even a strict one. It looks good in photos, and can give you a sense of fitting in to something.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 19th, 2008 at 12:59pm
I like my uniform. It's black, white and red and looks pretty smart. It's really not so bad, I would say the worst part is the tie or the blazer. However, I'd much rather wear a blazer than a huge baggy jumper that some schools have. It looks so much better.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
August 23rd, 2008 at 10:43am
i just started college, and in my past 18 years of life, whenever i had to go to school, it was the school uniform for me.

now, i have to make sure that i don't look TOO sloppy going to school. which is such a hassle. and i see people dressing like they're going to clubs. which is ridiculous.

having a school uniform means that everyone's wearing the same things, and there's not really room for insults about how your clothes suck mine is better and things like that. it makes going to school a lot easier as well as people don't have to plan their outfits.

bring back the school uniforms anytime.
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
August 23rd, 2008 at 08:12pm
itd b wayyyy to comfortable in it
so im kind of glad i go to public school for that reason that i can dress how i feel comfortable
but at the same time uniforms elminate some bully i guess which definetly helps
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:23pm
^Not all uniforms are uncomfortable.
LIGHTSABER
Killjoy
LIGHTSABER
August 23rd, 2008 at 11:59pm
We don't wear uniforms, but we have this dress code. No shirt logos, only Red White and Blue. Blue, Black, and Tan Pants. This year it was changed to no wristbands, which kinda pisses me off.
I think there is a point in uniforms. It makes everyone feel equal, yes. I think that students should be able to express individuality through fashion though.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 24th, 2008 at 12:11am
I think if I had to wear a uniform I'd "accidentally" bleach it or spill paint over it.

I was talking with some friends who went to a catholic school and how they'd make you change if anything was wrong. I said I'd dye my hair turquoise and see what happens and they said they'd force you to dye it back.

I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't mind gettin kicked out of school cause of my hair lol. ~ Rex
LeATHERMOUTH.
Salute You in Your Grave
LeATHERMOUTH.
August 24th, 2008 at 07:45am
i don't really mind wearing school uniform. if it was up to me, i wouldn't wear it but i think its a good idea to have uniform as it shows equality, like if someone came in and was wearing £200 jeans and yours weren't as nice, you would feel to good about yourself. even though people still get bullied, there would be more bullying if you could wear your own clothes. thats why unfiorm is a good idea. i dont like it but stil XD.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
August 25th, 2008 at 05:36am
School uniforms are no fun : (
My school needs to get a new theme, 'individuality'
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
August 25th, 2008 at 05:37am
Bill Kaulitz.:
i don't really mind wearing school uniform. if it was up to me, i wouldn't wear it but i think its a good idea to have uniform as it shows equality, like if someone came in and was wearing £200 jeans and yours weren't as nice, you would feel to good about yourself. even though people still get bullied, there would be more bullying if you could wear your own clothes. thats why unfiorm is a good idea. i dont like it but stil XD.

Yes
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
August 25th, 2008 at 06:13am
so your agreeing with that post, even though you just said:

?
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 25th, 2008 at 01:45pm
bob fuckin bryar:
There are lots of other ways to be individual.

And I'm confused as to why you posted something that I assume means you don't like uniform, then agreed to someone who said they do.
spiderpig-
Really Not Okay
spiderpig-
August 26th, 2008 at 05:10am
i my school, you have to wear the complete uniform everyday... AND SUFFER THE HEAT you feel.
we wear long sleeves, with necktie and I.D... we also have a coat coming with that.

btw, in my country.. its freakin' hot like hell.. you are not allowed to take of the coat.
Bleeding Dry
Bleeding on the Floor
Bleeding Dry
August 29th, 2008 at 11:28am
My school takes the uniform way too far
A pin on your blazer is prohibited, because it is, and i quote from my headteacher, "individuality, of which we have no room for in this school"
I was like.... wtf?!
DemolitonLover
Killjoy
DemolitonLover
August 29th, 2008 at 12:23pm
i HATE school uniform. in my school im going to have to wear a PINK shirt!! last year i wore my MCR dead! hoody to school and i wasn't allowed but they didn't even say anything! but im going to try and jazz the pink up.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 29th, 2008 at 05:17pm
MikeyWayIsMine:
i HATE school uniform. in my school im going to have to wear a PINK shirt!! last year i wore my MCR dead! hoody to school and i wasn't allowed but they didn't even say anything! but im going to try and jazz the pink up.

OMG pink is so nasty! that is so mean that they are making you where pink! I mean really, I feel your pain.

It's just a color. I really don't see the point in getting upset about a uniform. Even if you consider it ugly, why waste your time and energy hating it? It's just a uniform, not the end of the world.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 29th, 2008 at 05:19pm
I have school soon, and because I'm in upper school, I no longer have the red in my uniform. I only have black and white now. I don't really mind it, I mean I prefer that to brown or blue or something, but it's a bit..bland...
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 03:36pm
I have aternated between schools were uniform was a requirement and it wasn't, and in all honesty, it was nice to not get pick on for wearing hand-me-down's, which was all I use to wear (they were my cousins and a good portion was bought in the 80's-early 90's, but that was what i had to wear when I was in elementary school. They could be frustrating (not having a clean uniform shirt or only having the really crappy one that I hate) but I kinda liked how mindless it was. It rocks to wear what I want to wear now, but I do dress diffirent and that is my chioce and alot of the like popular kids look down on me for constantly wearing band tee-shirts and wearing alot of black, but I do like that I can be myself. So there are pro's and cons
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 30th, 2008 at 03:37pm
Vanya Hargreeves:
I have school soon, and because I'm in upper school, I no longer have the red in my uniform. I only have black and white now. I don't really mind it, I mean I prefer that to brown or blue or something, but it's a bit..bland...
in middle school for me everyday it was navy blue pants and a white collared shirt, our jackets couldn't have like writting or anything on it. It was bland, butt truthfully I kinda liked it