Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance emo protest to be turned into film

AuthorMessage
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 31st, 2008 at 10:03am
Deb:
I call myself and my friends emo in order to be funny. Happy birthday, Cherokee. That film sounds like a mockumentary - I'm sorry, you guys.
Thanks xD...
Maybe it is a mockdocumentary..

hey btw.. we haven't seen what they are gonna do with it. So we better watch it first, then come here to exclaim our freedom and hate of lables... well..
Don't judge a book by it's cover!
Jenny.
Jenny.
July 31st, 2008 at 02:39pm
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 31st, 2008 at 03:04pm
Vanya Hargreeves:
YESS AMAZING! THER YOU GO PEOPLE! FIGHT THE ABUSIVE PRESS WITH PRESS, FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!

Amazing Article, really!
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
July 31st, 2008 at 10:25pm
Vanya Hargreeves:

AMAZING ARTICLE
i posted it in a bulliten on myspace.
Finally! A writer who is unbiased and cares!
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
July 31st, 2008 at 10:29pm
^Ha thats exactly what i did with itXD
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:05am
Dudes, i sent a message to the guy who made the protest video. I left a link to this thread so that he could see all the lovely comments we left about his video. I assume he's either gonna come on here and read this (Hi to him if he is) or totally egnore my message 'cuz i was such a bitch to him. Anywho, heres the message i sent him;

Hi,
I bet you're glad to hear from me again (!!)

Anyway, i think when i was saying all that stuff to you one the comments to the MCR protest i was being a little unfair. I may not have liked the protest, and lots of others may not have either. But since you took your time out to make it, i see it only fair that you get to see what other fans have to say.

Some kind soul on a website called imnotokay.net made a thread on the forum about this. In it is accounts of what fans thought, no MCR haters just fans. That way you can see what they thought instead of me just bitching at you about it.

Here's the link: http://www.imnotokay.net/board/topic/47059/

But i do have one question that you didn't answer in the last comment i made on the protest video. No bitchiness, a genuine question that everyone wants to know the answer to;

You gave the protesters a bottle, and asked them what they would do if that bottle were The Daily Mail. After you saw them smash and destroy the bottle, you laughed and said to your camera man 'Lets go get the daily mail' or something along those lines. After that you went and made it clear to the protesters that you had the news paper. Then watched as they ripped, and set it alight. Bragging to one of anonymous that you caused the commotion.

We just want to know why you did that. It would be great if you could tell us.

Yours sincerely

Amy Doherty

I hate spellcheck now, it changed my last name to dougherty Head-desk. So in the copy of the letter i sent to him, my last name is spelt wrong XD ima seem like such a looser now. >.< Cry
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:49am
^^ you know what?
I'm in love with you, you're amazing.. I so much hope he reads my comment as well. o.O
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 2nd, 2008 at 04:21am
I love you too =]
I keep reading the letter through and it makes me giggle at the way i worded things XD
I'm such a looser. I should have asked him about why he was making it seem like Anni was the only leader, but i forgotted. So if he's reading this then, dude, why did you do that?
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
August 2nd, 2008 at 04:30am
could you PM me his email, or however you reached him? I'd be thankful.. Cause I got some tons of words to throw at him tbh!
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:21am
I did the same, a long time ago, but I got no reply.
If you get a reply, let me know! Smile

I'll c/p what I put in a sec
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:24am
Hello,

I was one of the protest leaders on May 31st 2008. I would like to point out about some things about your documentary.

Firstly, Steve from OnMeJack productions contacted myself and the other organizers, Alex, Kate, Sam and Anni, requesting our permission to feature us in a documentary surrounding the protest, however, your channel did not.

Secondly, your documentary does not mention any of the other leaders. There were in fact 5 leaders, not just Anni Smith.

Additionally, your channel is every bit as biased as the newspaper we are protesting - labelling all of the kids who attended that day 'emo'. It's amusing that at the end you tell the Daily Mail not to label us, yet you do so yourself. The entire crux of our protest - really more of a boycott - was to question the actions of a supposedly unbiased press.

The Daily Mail has notoriously attacked what they deem the 'emo movement,' and My Chemical Romance in particular, for years. They are now using the tragic deaths of these teens to further their own agenda, and are not even above exploiting their parents' grief.

Any reputable medium would scoff at the concept of a 'suicide cult' among musicians, however, The Daily Mail relishes in it - alarming other parents, and encouraging the alienation of children such as Sophie Lancaster, and more recently Hannah to the point of torment, misery, and death

If anyone is part of an evil cult, it is the Mail, and anyone who supports them. I will thank your channel to kindly use more discretion in the future.

Sincerely,
Jenny Su.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:29am
I am going to reply to his ''emoness'' soon. As I told Amy-Faye in a PM message earlier, Imma see those videos first to be the BITCHIEST and MEANEST person ever. Then write him the best I could write. Imma throw big fat words on him.

btw, he wanted attention, we brought him attention. O.o I hate that!
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:38am
^ I would advise you to be firm, let him know you don't like it, but be polite. Make sure your message is educated; show him MCR fans aren't stupid.
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:42am
True.... Very True!

Oh don't worry, I'm got at sarcasm.

But you said he didn't reply.. maybe he doesn't even bother reading them.
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:46am
Cherokee:
True.... Very True!

Oh don't worry, I'm got at sarcasm.

But you said he didn't reply.. maybe he doesn't even bother reading them.

Thats why on mine in the subject i put About the MCR protest (Not a bitch at you) lol hopefully it would make him read it.

And when i was having a bitch at him on the comments for the video he kept saying things like "The world dosn't revolve around you, everyones not against you so dont think they are" And i was just like WTF where are you getting this from. Just because i'm telling you that your contradicting yourself with the video, and making us out to be the bad guys i think the world revolves around me and everyones against me?

Sheesh this man needs to get a life. Can't you get him in trouble for using footage of kids under 18 without permission, i mean we have his name. But then again it is you tube and people can put what they want. But we could pretend hes a pedo Tehe:
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
August 2nd, 2008 at 08:48am
^^ probably thought you were a sick ''emo'' like.. UGH...

I might wanna send him a bullet along with the letter Smiley
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 2nd, 2008 at 09:08am
You do that, i think he deserves it after all the S**t he's causing us. You know that thing someone linked at the top of the page is the only compleatly possitive thing i've seen concerning the protest. Like obvs Kerrang and NME did things, but they reffured to everyone as 'emos' this person said how emo was a dead scene, and only once did she reffure to us as emos and then i think she was just quoting something, therefore it wasnt actually her saying it. I was so happy i posted it in a blog on myspace and a bulletin
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2008 at 09:10am
^ Actually, we can sue him for using our image without permission, but the problem is, in the video it seems that the people don't mind...
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 2nd, 2008 at 09:16am
Vanya Hargreeves:
^ Actually, we can sue him for using our image without permission, but the problem is, in the video it seems that the people don't mind...

Yeah, but look carefully can you see yourself in it. I would look but i dont know what you look like or what you were wearing. I'm pretty sure theres a few people that dont want to be shown in it...Or at least wanna get this dude in trouble =]

And Sarah says helooooooooooooooooooo apparently

She wrote that, and wont let me delete it:'(
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2008 at 09:19am
^ I've looked, I'm not in it.