Don't have an account? Create one!

My Chemical Romance emo protest to be turned into film

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 4th, 2008 at 09:52am
^ Not for nothing, but he said a whole bunch of bullshit - that letter was a mocking, condescending cop-out. I'm sorry, Amy hug
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 4th, 2008 at 09:55am
yeah i knew he was taking the piss out of my. My mums helpin me write a sarcy one back. But my origional one was pretty much like that anyway
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 4th, 2008 at 10:17am
^ I'd like to see him try that shit with me! Wanna forward me all the ammo I would need?
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
August 4th, 2008 at 11:43pm
i did spot his (Jed's) sarcasm but i guess it was kind of a response to all the rage he's been getting from fans. one cant help but get sarky and defensive when 'attacked' by pissed off MCR admirers who are fed up of inaccurate reports. i smwhat feel that both Jed and the fans who wrote him are all victims (when i say victims i dont mean in a pathetic helpless sense, but as in 'negatively impacted by') of bullshit journalism. this is what misinformation and a good dose of ignorance has done. it has brought out the worst and the best in diffrent fans. it has smeared reputations and caused unnecessary panic. At the very least, Jed has offered the public an alternative perspective -- one not tainted by misleading info from tabloids and dominant news corporations -- of the whole phenomenon. he may not have done it in the best way but neither did he fan the 'emo cult' flames. in fact there were some positive nuggets in there that definitely showed many MCR fans to be healthy outgoing youths who can make a statement without guns and violence. (well, maybe except for the tearing newspapers part but really, that was asking for it...!)

=)
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
August 5th, 2008 at 07:18pm
Wow. That was the first time I have seen it. Dude that was a waste of time. He made the fans seem like animals or something by throwing them stuff and taunting them like that. He seemed mocking at points of the movie, and not to mention that by calling the movie emo he is fueling the phrase.

Once again-a waste of time.
corporatestudygoth
Killjoy
corporatestudygoth
August 11th, 2008 at 04:00am
heh, yeah now that i look over it again, it does seem that way.........................
so. what elses been going on?
im new btw Very Happy
Norrel
Jazz Hands
Norrel
August 15th, 2008 at 01:17pm
If you ask me, the whole reason with the bottle thing was to show just how silly he thought the fans were acting, and thought if he got them to do something as childish as stomp on a little water bottle, he'd be able to make all MCR fans look immature.

Also, I think the whole movie was one just huge trolling. He was only there just to aid in Anon's quest to troll the whole protest.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 18th, 2008 at 10:53am
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 18th, 2008 at 11:00am
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 18th, 2008 at 11:03am
: D
Amy-Faye
Jazz Hands
Amy-Faye
August 19th, 2008 at 12:04pm
The Rumor:

Awwwuuh, these are amazing. Even though it makes me feel worse for not being able to be there (Thanks mum =/) There still awesome.I wanna cry, thats how proud of you guys i am
You guys did an amazing job =]]]]]]
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 19th, 2008 at 02:08pm
Thank you.
Aviendia
Killjoy
Aviendia
September 7th, 2008 at 05:13pm
What a bunch of bull shit. Emo is a suicide cult? If that's the fucking case clap me in iron and throw away the bloody key
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
September 18th, 2008 at 10:57am
Uh, that wasn't a film. It was some perv walking around with a camera making MCR fans girl swear. What a waste of time
the_second_chemist
Killjoy
the_second_chemist
October 7th, 2008 at 02:45am
lol
so that protest wuldn't be said as MCR-supporting protest.
John Lennon
Killjoy
John Lennon
October 14th, 2008 at 12:05am
I'll just leave this quote here...

"Basically, it's never been accurate to describe us. Emo bands were being booked while we were touring with Christian metal bands because no one would book us on tours. I think emo is Fucking garbage, it's bullshit. I think there's bands that unfortunately we get lumped in with that are considered emo and by default that starts to make us emo. All I can say is anyone actually listening to the records, put the records next to each other and listen to them and there's actually no similarities. I think emo's a pile of shit." ~ Gerard Way