Don't have an account? Create one!

The Golden Girls

AuthorMessage
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 4th, 2008 at 04:30pm
There is a new sub forum in the Chamber called "The Golden Girls". This has come about after some discussion with some of the "older" members of the board. The majority of our users on the board are teenagers and this is an area for the older members to access to discuss more "adult" topics, such as parenting and so on.

The only rule to join is that you have to be 20+.

If you want to join the forum you need to either add your name here or pm me with your request.
Thanks.

Lulah

xoxo
x_jacksper
Shotgun Sinner
x_jacksper
July 5th, 2008 at 08:46am
I am adding my name here. =]

Or do you want, like, my actual name? lol
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 09:29am
I'll add you now. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you complaining or bitching about this forum I just want to say this.

There is no big secret, there is no major threads happening there that are not for your eyes. It's just an area for the older users (and inresponse to one persons comment - yes lots of us do have jobs, we just also happen to like MCR and want to post here, is that allowed!?)

The attitude above is one of the reasons why this forum is in existence. It's not meant to be unfair or elitst in anyway. It's just an area for older users. It's not intended to belittle anyone, or to make anyone feel unwelcome. It's hard for some older users to find a place here without people either questioning their motives or not wanting to talk to them. I've lost count of the ammount of times I've read comments about how users over a certian age freak people out and how older users shouldnt post here. So therefore there was an issue that needed to be corrected. This was just a way of addressing that. The majority of users here are under 20 and they have threads on the whole board that are for them specifically. We give one minority a sub forum and all of a sudden we are being unfair.

I swear, we cannot do anything right sometimes *sigh*
Cherokee
Banned
Cherokee
July 5th, 2008 at 10:00am
UNFAIR? Lol, no I love the idea!
I am underage, and not adding my name XD. SO don't add me.
I think it is a good idea. I know, some olader members have their own topics to talk about. So yeah! Lol, this fansite is really crowded with teens.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 10:04am
Thanks for your support. That's the reason it's there. Someone made a joke last night about begging the mods for a "teenagers fourm". Erm.... you have the whole board??? you know?

And for the record, none of the older users "begged" for this. It was Dujo's idea and we decided to go with it.
Moonlight melodies.
Bleeding on the Floor
Moonlight melodies.
July 5th, 2008 at 10:44am
That's a great idea. Adults deserve their own place to talk.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 5th, 2008 at 11:53am
I would like to add to anyone who is complaining about the subforum, that we had only requested to have a thread of our own. It was the mods' decision that led to the subforum. And as Lulah said, there is nothing special or elitist going on in the subforum, just threads that are more adult-specific and deal with things that teenagers don't have to deal with, where we can talk openly among our peers as you guys do on the entire rest of the board.

We, the older posters, by and large do not join in the majority of teen-oriented topics because we respect the need for teens to have places of their own to go and be with their peers. We were teenagers once too, ya know. Wink From time to time we will offer advice if it is asked of us, and typically join in on threads and discussions that are open to all. We share our love for MCR with you, otherwise we would not be here. But it is nice to know that those of us MCR's age can now have a place of our own.

We see you guys as great, fantastic people that are full of potential. You guys amaze us with some of the things that you say and do! We love this board and we love talking with you. But there are things that we talk about that have caused issues with some people. I know that I have censored myself several times out of respect to posters younger than myself. Now, we have a place where we can go and talk amongst ourselves without fear of offending anyone or raising questions about the appropriateness of our topics for the younger posters, which has also been a factor in the past.

Thank you to those of you who have voiced your support.
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
July 5th, 2008 at 01:34pm
i'm glad there's one of these, so adults can have time to talk amongst people of the same mindset.
but, about the parenting example... what if someone gets pregnant as a teen? one of my best friends got pregnant at 15. but, it died after about 5 months[in the womb], though, which she was hoping she wouldn't have to have it and give it away.
anyways, i think it should be for people 20+, but if people have a valid reason to be on there[and get advice from people who are more likely to have had gone though it], i think that people should be let in there, at least for the advice.
because the personal questions forum will only work for a little while before they need solid advice and help. getting advice from mothers would be better than getting advice from like, fourteen year olds who babysit or something.
just my opinion, of course. =]]
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
July 5th, 2008 at 02:00pm
Just a quick question: How do you know someome is legitmately allowed to be on the forum?

Because a lot of people either don't give their ages (like myself, even though I know I'm not old enough to be there and I'm not going to try to get in) or give fake ages, like 69 and so on, just to be funny?

I know that sometimes you can kind-of tell by how they type and how they carry themselves and how they act with other people, but that's not a solid indication because someone could be acting extremely mature for their age or extremely immature for their age.

I'm not trying to downplay the idea at all, because I really like the idea and am all for it, but I just want to know how you're going to manage who gets to get in.

Though, of course, if it's something that I don't need to know, that's fine. :]
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
July 5th, 2008 at 02:37pm
I like this idea! Mr. Green You older posters deserve it. I never really understood why some teenagers don't think the older posters should be on here. The way I see it, it shouldn't matter if your 1 or 99, we are here for one common reason, and that's because we love this band. I kinda view the older posters as "Forum Moms" if you wish, they keep us kids in line. Don't hate, appreciate.

Rock on Golden Girls!
Smiley
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 5th, 2008 at 04:17pm
justin pierre.:

anyways, i think it should be for people 20+, but if people have a valid reason to be on there[and get advice from people who are more likely to have had gone though it], i think that people should be let in there, at least for the advice.

I have, in the past, been PMed for advice. I know I'm not necessarily comfortable giving advice via PM to a minor, but if one were to post a problem in the Personal Questions forum, then PM me asking me to read and give my advice, I would be happy to do so. I think any of us "Golden Girls" would be happy to do that. There are lines, however, and we won't cross them, but if there is something that you would want an older poster's opinion, please let us know. We're more than happy to share life experience and help out. I think it's awesome when someone asks us our opinion, and it's great to see you guys helping each other out as well.

"Forum Moms." Very Happy I like it.

That's kinda a spam post, and I apologize, but I didn't really feel it needed a thread of its own anywhere.
Chemical Addiction.
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Addiction.
July 5th, 2008 at 05:11pm
I think this is a great idea. I'd like to add my name if its okay. xD
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
July 5th, 2008 at 06:31pm

To be honest I was kinda annoyed when I first heard of it (the stubborn person that I am XDD)
But I totally get it now, just from these posts.
I'm totally up for the idea, you guys need a place to chill and discuss stuff that doesn't really effect us.

I'm up for it. =D
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 06:43pm
human malfunction:
Just a quick question: How do you know someome is legitmately allowed to be on the forum?

I guess we just have to trust you all.
Thats the bottom line.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 06:44pm
Chemical Addiction.:
I think this is a great idea. I'd like to add my name if its okay. xD

Added. Smile
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 5th, 2008 at 06:46pm
justin pierre.:
i'm glad there's one of these, so adults can have time to talk amongst people of the same mindset.
but, about the parenting example... what if someone gets pregnant as a teen? one of my best friends got pregnant at 15. but, it died after about 5 months[in the womb], though, which she was hoping she wouldn't have to have it and give it away.
because the personal questions forum will only work for a little while before they need solid advice and help. getting advice from mothers would be better than getting advice from like, fourteen year olds who babysit or something.
just my opinion, of course. =]]

Just because older users join the Golden Girls subforum it doesnt mean that they can't answer questions in Personal Questions.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
July 5th, 2008 at 09:05pm
Tallulah; Schechter:

I guess we just have to trust you all.
Thats the bottom line.
Oh, okay. Thank you. :]
fame monster.
Awake and Unafraid
fame monster.
July 5th, 2008 at 09:20pm
I really support this idea, because, quite simply, i respect the older users here more than anyone else on here. I understand that it's harder for you guys to join conversations on certain topics, and it makes all the sense in the world, since teenagers are the majority the entire site.

I say good luck, and I hope it all goes smoothly.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
July 5th, 2008 at 11:29pm
I think this is a good idea too.
The majority of people on INO are teenagers, so I think it's cool that people over 20 can have their own little place to talk about adult things. =)

I agree with Tallulah, us teenagers do not need our own subforum, we have the whole board, basically. We are surronded by teenagers.

Anywho, this is a good idea.
anthony green.
In The Murder Scene
anthony green.
July 6th, 2008 at 01:15am
good idea Wow
teenagers get the entire board, so we should let the adults have their own little area where it's just them.
seven years until i can get in, haha ^_^