Don't have an account? Create one!

The Golden Girls

AuthorMessage
Geraldine
Salute You in Your Grave
Geraldine
July 6th, 2008 at 09:41am
This is a great idea! I'd like to add my name, if it's okay?
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 6th, 2008 at 10:40am
^^Added XD
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
July 6th, 2008 at 11:42am
I'd like to be added, if you don't mind I might not ever post there but still.

Thanks Lulah
x
justin pierre.
Awake and Unafraid
justin pierre.
July 6th, 2008 at 12:43pm
Tallulah; Schechter:
Just because older users join the Golden Girls subforum it doesnt mean that they can't answer questions in Personal Questions.
true, but the majority of people on there are 13-16 looking for like, physical image/boy help. and the older people will probably be on the Golden Girls thing more than the personal help thing.
i dunno. i just think it'd be better to have like, physical appearance help, relationship help, and really serious help in different areas, i guess.
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
July 6th, 2008 at 02:41pm
Hey Lulah, I would love to be added. I am not around as much as I used to be but would definitely make time for this.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
July 6th, 2008 at 03:36pm
I think it's a great idea!
As many people have said, the older members should get their own place to chat, seeing as the teens get the whole board.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 6th, 2008 at 06:06pm
Lauri and Porcelina....Added! XD
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 6th, 2008 at 06:09pm
justin pierre.:
true, but the majority of people on there are 13-16 looking for like, physical image/boy help. and the older people will probably be on the Golden Girls thing more than the personal help thing.
i dunno. i just think it'd be better to have like, physical appearance help, relationship help, and really serious help in different areas, i guess.

I seriously don't think the forum will make any difference to the personal questions.
Sorry.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
July 7th, 2008 at 06:52am
Not to mention, will all due respect intended, that we don't consider a lot of your concerns to be as big of a deal as you do. Haircuts, boy/girl trouble -- those seem to be the prevaling themes on that section of the board. The best advice anyone can give you on any of those topics is to follow your heart and do what is best for you. You gave an example of a 15 yr old who suffered a miscarriage. One of us could have shared an experience with her (I lost a child once too) but we don't have any magic answers. We don't have it all figured out. We're just as fucked-up as you guys, only we have to deal with it, and jobs, and mortgages, and some of us have to deal with our own kids that are going through what you're going through. We aren't fairy godmothers with little wands we can wave and make everything better. And, as I mentioned before, if you were to want an older poster's opinion on a topic, by all means PM us, we'll read your link and post our response to your situation. But God knows we have enough going on that we can't sit and read through every hair help question and every boy/girl trouble question you guys post.

I wish I could say that it gets better, but it both does and doesn't. You will trade in your HS problems for Real World problems, that is how the world works. But personally I like to help, so if there's something going on and you post it on Personal Questions, PM me and I'll give you my take on the subject. I'm sure any of us would. But now I'm repeating myself since I posted that already.

And, as Lulah said, our forum does not change the fact that we still love MCR, so we'll still be out and about and posting on the other threads.
misa misa.
Shotgun Sinner
misa misa.
July 7th, 2008 at 08:01am
i think this forum sounds like a good idea.
With age differences there are obviously going to be differences in the concerns of people and what is important and relevant to them. So it makes sense that the older people here should have their own place on the board, where they can discuss such things and not have to neccessarily listen to the rants of us younger kids. ino seems to have a big range in ages now so i think it really makes sense for it to develop different sections to cater for this.
i hope it goes well for you all.
Benniks
Jazz Hands
Benniks
July 7th, 2008 at 11:34am
Excellent idea Smile hope it goes well!

3 MORE YEARS TILL I'M A GOLDEN GIRL Razz
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
July 7th, 2008 at 10:42pm
great idea for a subform!
i'd like to added, please.
thanks
Donald Trefusis
In The Murder Scene
Donald Trefusis
July 8th, 2008 at 06:31am
great idea lulah.
i'm sure everyone will love it. (:
fire at will.
Damned After All
fire at will.
July 8th, 2008 at 11:51am
I have a question, i'm nineteen and still dont turn 20 til january. Do i have to actually wait til january? xD
jonas erik altberg.
Banned
jonas erik altberg.
July 8th, 2008 at 02:23pm
That's a great idea. Smile
LeATHERMOUTH.
Salute You in Your Grave
LeATHERMOUTH.
July 9th, 2008 at 02:09pm
I think this is a great idea because adults might wanna discuss other stuff. i'm underage, so I'm not adding my name but i hope it all goes well.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
July 9th, 2008 at 02:52pm
I love the idea!
It seems very fair that the adults get their own place to discuss what they want to.
Us, as teens, tend to sometimes discuss things that may or may not be of interest to the adults, and I feel it's a great idea that they can have their own place where they can discuss topics that may be somewhat more mature, without any child like comments being added to it.
(That's no dis-respect to the teens as I am one also, it's just that they are a lot more wiser than most of us xd).
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
July 10th, 2008 at 05:46pm
Crimson Love.:
I have a question, i'm nineteen and still dont turn 20 til january. Do i have to actually wait til january? xD

Sorry I missed this when you posted it... sorry.

I'm afraid so. Otherwise everyone else will want to join before they turn 20 too.... sorry.....
writerGrrl
Salute You in Your Grave
writerGrrl
July 10th, 2008 at 07:21pm
human malfunction:
Because a lot of people either don't give their ages (like myself, even though I know I'm not old enough to be there and I'm not going to try to get in) or give fake ages, like 69 and so on, just to be funny?

Someone with the age of 69 isn't very likely to be on INO at all.
Age is usually pretty obvious at least to me, it comes out when you're talking to other people online. Probably a liar would slip up eventually. I think everyone who's caught should be kicked out and should grow beards like in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. XD

I like how you called it the Golden Girls. Gender bias much? We need to respect the wishes of all the nonexistant 20+ males on this board!
broken toy soldier.
Salute You in Your Grave
broken toy soldier.
July 10th, 2008 at 11:36pm
ahh. very cool idea mods.
should be intersting to see... in two years.
once again I've made the cut to "legal adulthood" but not social.
Shifty2 not that i'm complaining
there's nothing like only being allowed to vote now that i'm an "adult"... yayyy.

still. I like it, it gives the older people somewhere they can connect without the uhm... {not saying I mean this, but i'm honestly just lacking a better word at the moment}.... immaturity.

well. if i'm still around in two years, i'll most definatley want my name on the list!