Don't have an account? Create one!

Day of The Dead Masks

AuthorMessage
Depereo
Killjoy
Depereo
July 25th, 2008 at 09:09am
I'm not bothered it's not 'limited edition'.
I didn't get the special edition just to collect a mask.
It's the entire fancy, pretty package xD
I just pretty much wanted the dvd.
aha. xoxo
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
July 25th, 2008 at 04:51pm

^^
Sure, but they aren't so exclusive anymore.
That's what annoys me >_<

As my friend said, they are now unlimited.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 25th, 2008 at 04:56pm
There's an 'extremely limited amount available' apparently.
That's why you can only have one mask or mask-bundle order.
So, not quite unlimited, to be fair.
James Dean Bradfield
Killjoy
James Dean Bradfield
July 25th, 2008 at 07:43pm
I'm pretty miffed... just tried to order a bundle to complete my little collection... I got Mikey in my coffin (which still smells lovely and is gathering dust on my bedroom floor)..

... and on top of paying $99 I've got to pay an extra $45 for shipping. I know it will work out cheaper when it's converted to £'s cos I'm in the UK, but still... after the fiasco waiting an age for my coffin, and it being a bit bashed, I'm not sure I want to take the chance with these Sad

plus it kept rejecting my credit card information.. saying my address didn't match my billing information... huh ??!!

anyone else had the same problem ?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
July 26th, 2008 at 12:58am
I was downright pissed when I first heard the news, but now I'm hearing that there are only a thousand of each. Now I'm just mildly miffed. They're still somewhat special, but I dunno--it just seems too commercial, and I kind of feel like I've been mislead. It's just all to make a buck, and I sincerely hope that it wasn't the band's idea to delude us in such a way.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
July 26th, 2008 at 03:02pm
I don't see why everyone's so upset! These masks are really cool, and a lot of people want them! You guys aren't the only fans that want masks. They are very popular and I think it's cool that they care enough to make more for people. Yeah, they're kinda expensive, but they are all hand - painted (not by MCR themselves of course) but they take a lot of time to make. Anyway, MCR deserves that little bit of extra income, especially with all the illegal downloading that happens today!
The Fab Four
Always Born a Crime
The Fab Four
July 26th, 2008 at 03:13pm
^^^ I don't think people are annoyed about the fact there are extra masks being to sold to people who didn't buy the special eddition, more with the fact that they were advertised as limited edditions. Yes, MCR deserve the money, however people aren't annoyed with MCR but Warners instead who have used these money stunts before.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 26th, 2008 at 04:00pm
Solitary Style.:
It's just all to make a buck, and I sincerely hope that it wasn't the band's idea to delude us in such a way.
They would never do that - they don't even give a shit about money, and they have way too much respect for their fans. It's a Warner stunt.
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
July 26th, 2008 at 04:40pm
I think they'll be sold out by Xmas theres only 1,000 of each Cheese

ebay anyone?
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
July 28th, 2008 at 10:06am
I just got an e-mail saying the masks are coming soon but it doesn't really bother me.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
July 28th, 2008 at 03:34pm
James Dean Bradfield:
plus it kept rejecting my credit card information.. saying my address didn't match my billing information... huh ??!!

anyone else had the same problem ?

Oh, it did that to me too! Glad it wasn't just my card.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 28th, 2008 at 03:53pm
Happy birthday, Steph! Damn it'd be rad to have 'em all. Does anyone owe me a favor? LOL
xblack_mariah
Killjoy
xblack_mariah
August 31st, 2008 at 12:55am
I was just wondering about the size of the masks, like how big or small are they?
jinx removing.
Killjoy
jinx removing.
September 12th, 2008 at 03:25pm
xblack_mariah:
I was just wondering about the size of the masks, like how big or small are they?

They're about the size of the average face. Smile
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
September 12th, 2008 at 10:54pm
And, to be fair, they look pretty bad ass as a set; behold the far wall of my beloved comic book room:
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
September 13th, 2008 at 12:34am
^wow that looks great!
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
September 15th, 2008 at 03:51am
Moshpit Commander:
Fuck, I can't afford that stuff man. I kind want them, but not enough to pay about 60+ pounds on a few masks.Neutral

Yup...similar sentiments here

And to the rest of u guys, pls dont get too mad over this. on the negative side, what u presently have may lose some of its exclusivity; on the plus side, ppl who badly wanted to own the masks but couldn't (especialy diehard fans who would willingly cough out the money but just didnt do it in time) will now hv the chance to own em.

in fact, i bet thats the way MCR would want it. In an ideal world, everyone should be able to own art. especially art by their fave musician. it should not be smthg so exclusive that u hv to lock it away in a museum. So.....yeah, thats just my opinion.