Don't have an account? Create one!

Your Hero.

AuthorMessage
snow at christmas.
Crash Queen
snow at christmas.
August 25th, 2008 at 09:19pm
Jack Harkness/John Barrowman.
Jack is a captain I'd love to serve under. And shut up, I don't mean it that way, but I can't think of another way of phrasing it. Which is particularly bad considering who I'm talking about. x]
But seriously, he really cares for his team. You can just tell.
And the way he is about sexuality, he's interested in so many people, but he really cares. He comes back when people are old and they still matter, and the way he flirts with people, it's not creepy, it's more of a compliment.
And it doesn't matter what you are, not with him. You can be a guy, girl, probably could be trans or intersex, gay, straight, bi, omni, whatever, nonhuman, it's nothing strange with him, he just takes you as you are. It's not a matter of "accepting", because it isn't something weird to have to accept, it just is whatever.
And, y'know, he also spends his time saving the earth.

John Barrowman, because of what he is, a gay man. I suppose it's a strange thing for someone to be a hero because of something they didn't even choose and they can't change, but it's only as strange as someone having a harder time in life, having people judge them negatively for the same thing, and he's had to deal with that, and because of Captain Jack, he's changed the opinions of so many people. Captain Jack couldn't have existed without John, as well. Torchwood wouldn't have either, at least not in a form anywhere near what it is now.

And Torchwood is my escape, somewhere where being trans wouldn't be anywhere near as weird as the rest of their lives. (though honestly, there was that one comment that hurt, that makes me wonder. Jack said something about some colleague, victor, disappearing and coming back as victoria, as weird in comparison to Ianto hiding a cyberwoman in the basement. but it doesn't seem like that's his normal opinion. If it is, it will honestly hurt me really deeply. Because this show truly is a refuge for me.)
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
August 25th, 2008 at 09:42pm
Gerard Way.
Lyn-Z Way.
Billie Joe Armstrong.
Adrienne Armstrong.
Jimmy Urine.

I don't really feel like going into deep details about these people, but they are all my heros for different reasons. <333
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
August 25th, 2008 at 10:56pm
My mom and grandfather. They're so much like each other, and they have that spark of personality you want people you love to have. They know a lot, it scares me, and that's a 100% good thing.
Then when it comes to famous people, looking at how Gerard Way or Frank Iero are easily heroes, i'm just gonna consider this one an idol, to me, there's a difference.
Michael Fred Phelps.
The swimmer known to have gotten 8 olympic gold medals this year. He's my idol because he's done what I'd like to do someday. And pretty much how amazing he is and how touching some of his stories are, they drive me crazy and make me 'wow'.
mastermind.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mastermind.
August 25th, 2008 at 11:10pm
Heath Ledger. he showed me how to truley lose yourself in a role, which as an actor has inspired me greatly. also, Tim Burton, because his movies are things that look like they are pulled right from my head.
Battery Acid
Salute You in Your Grave
Battery Acid
August 25th, 2008 at 11:29pm
Gerard Way.
I have explained why so many times and to so many people, but here I truly feel like I don't have to. Gerard Way is quite simply my hero, and you probably wouldn't be on this board if you needed an explanation for that.

Also:
my grandmother, my parents, David Fincher, and Tim Burton.
Battery Diamond
Bleeding on the Floor
Battery Diamond
August 26th, 2008 at 12:28am
I'm just going to list my heroes:
1. My Mom.
2. My Grandma.
3. Jared Leto.
4. Gerard Way.
5. Pete Wentz.
6. Barack Obama.
7. Madame C.J. Walker.
8. Bessie Colman.
9. Abe Lincoln.
10. JFK.
11. FDR.
12. Hayley Williams.
13. Davey Havok.
14. Trent Reznor.
15. Shirley Manson.
16. Michelle Obama.
17. My Grandpa.
18. Michael Phelps.
tragic regrets.
Bleeding on the Floor
tragic regrets.
August 26th, 2008 at 12:44am
my hero is my dad.
honestly, if you look at him, he's not amazing. he doesn't do anything super spectacular. but it's because everything he's been through. which again, isn't amazing. it's the fact that he's there. he's there and i've only recently realized some people don't have that.
and no matter what i do, i know he's there for me.

and my celeb hero is hayley williams x)
maxim bemis.
Crash Queen
maxim bemis.
August 26th, 2008 at 01:44am
my heroes would be
my chemical romance.
why?
now, i cant say they have saved my life. but they have saved me from destroying myself - not physically, but emotionally and mentally. at times, very recently, also, i have been incredibly upset and angry. but, in the end, they're the thing that stops me from spiralling out of control.
i really would rant more if i could, but i know that you wouldnt read this, so.

lyn z;
she is a fucking awesome bass player, and a performer. i think she's really amazing, and not just because she's married to gerard. she really shouldnt be known as, ''that bass player married to gerard way.'' because she deserves so much more credit than that. lyn z has gone to prove that women CAN play in /punk, techno, alternative, etc/ bands and be good at it.

hayley williams;
i admire hayley for some of the reasons i admire lyn - she is a successful, inspirational woman in the music buisness. her voice is amazing, and i really hope i can be in a band like her when im older. i really like her sense in fashion and hair, too. xD

patrick stump;
even though his band is mainly known for the infamous pete wentz, he still strives at what he does. despite wentz gets all the credit, patrick, in my opinion, is one of the most talented singers, if not musicians, in this universe. his band is probably my first favourite rock band, and i really thank them for getting me into the sort of music i like now.

i have a few others, too, but these are the main people.
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
August 26th, 2008 at 01:52am
My hero is my mom. She been through a lot of shit growing up. From putting up with people that treated her like shit and my father that never really gave a damn about her. And she has always been there for me and my siblings. Never missed an award ceremony or game. She works hard to keep this family going and I love her for that. she has a lot of potential and i admire her for that. She doesn't do anything specular but she'll always be a hero in my eyes because it takes a lot of strength and heart to go through all the shit she's been through all her life.
tranarchy.
Demolition Lover
tranarchy.
August 26th, 2008 at 03:54am
frank, bobbie, john, james, and ed: leathermouth;
for inspiring something in me that i never knew existed.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
August 26th, 2008 at 03:59am
my mommy;;
she hasn't had it great in her life but she's pulled through and raised me and my sis better than any other mommy around. you would have never guessed she raised us all alone.

God;;
because without Him i'd be a hopeless wreck.

gerard;;
he's taught me me that it's possibe to make it through even your darkest hours.
MCR - my life
Really Not Okay
MCR - my life
August 26th, 2008 at 10:08am
My best friends
MCR
Family
Hull Fc
jay!
Bleeding on the Floor
jay!
August 26th, 2008 at 01:23pm
My friend, Mariah
Gerard Way
My dad <3
chainsaws cascading.
In The Murder Scene
chainsaws cascading.
August 26th, 2008 at 02:02pm
Gerard Way is my hero.
i don't think it needs explaining.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
August 26th, 2008 at 02:06pm
Both of my parents. Neither of them ever had it easy and I've never felt unloved.
My Chemical Romance. Their commitment, perseverence, determination, compassion, creativity, skill -the list is endless -and pointless. You all know what I'm talking about.
Mindless Self inDulgence. They take stereotypes and shit on them. They don't care about your wallet or your approval but if you fork out for their shows, they want to make it worth your effort. They don't worship any legends and say fuck trying to be like them, do your own thing (I Hate Jimmy Page). They sound like no one else and their attitude is the epitome of punk.
My BFF. She's had a shit time these last few weeks but she's not letting anything get in her way of what she wants to achieve. Fuck the naysayers, she'll do it.
God. Not a hero in the same way as the above but I've been lucky in my life compared to alot of people thanks to God. I am blessed.
tennant.
Full of Ephedrine
tennant.
August 26th, 2008 at 04:22pm
The Doctor
Yes he's a fictional character. Yes he's a mass murderer, but he's still my hero.
I can't put into words how much this character means to me.
He has been the one constant in my life for the past three years when my life hasn't been going so well and I love him for it.
I also admire him for many reasons, the fact that he had to scarifice his entire planet to save the universe is incredible selflessness that I have never encountered in my life.
He's also an amazing character that I can't help but love.
sad savior;
Wild Eyed Joker
sad savior;
August 26th, 2008 at 05:52pm
everyone from Mindless Self Indulgence.
even if they say they're not inspirational, they are to me.
they mean the world to me, and more. more than i'll EVER be able to explain.
they're all amazing preformers and amazing people in general.
they put on the best show they can every night, no matter what.
they don't care if people love them or hate them, they don't care about all the shit all over the internet; they laugh at it.
they can always put a smile on my face.

& frank iero.
i really dont feel like explaining this one.
he just means so much to me.
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
August 26th, 2008 at 06:14pm
First and foremost, my grandmother who I call Nanny.
She is the most inspirational person to me because I have never seen her angry or upset with anyone (unless of course they harmed an animal) and she has always been the most optimistic person. She also inspired my love for both literature and animals.

My Parents. Because unlike a lot of parents they actually take the time to understand me and have always supported my dreams. They've never thought my ideas were "stupid" or "unrealistic" and I know they will always be there for me. And, they're both hilarious people.

My Chemical Romance. For reasons I honestly don't feel like explaining right now because I could go on and on. And, I'm sure everyone on here understands more than anyone why they are my heroes.

My Little Sister. She is amazing and hilarious and my best friend. I can tell her anything and everything and she always gets it. And she's much more mature than most kids my age and she's only 13. We are connected at the hip and I'm pretty sure it will always be that way.

My Older Sister. She looks like a supermodel, and she is still the nicest most caring person on the planet. She always has me laughing and we have the best childhood memories.

I would also consider Kurt Cobain, Judy Garland, and Pamela Des Barres my heroes too because all three of them are such inspirational, genius people in their own right.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
August 26th, 2008 at 06:36pm
My grandmother - because she was simply one of the most amazing people ever. She gave birth ot 19 children, no twins or anything. She and my grandfather always managed to keep food on the table, and even feed some of the less fortunate children on the road as well as their own.She never stopped loving any of her children, even though some of them did some really bad things. Even when she was finished with her own kids she took her grandchildren, including my sister an I, up to her mobile home in the beach every summer for the whole summer. She survived 38 strokes which left her paralized but still never stopped smiling. Even toward the end when she lost her voice, she was so strong and so amazing. I'll never forget her, she was truely an inspiration and a real hero.

My parents - because they started out with nothing at seventeen when my mom got pregnant with my sister. They worked hard, and now are comfortable and have sent two of us to college. My dad is successfull in what he does, and my mum is a great housewife who is always there for us. They're still going strong after 26 years together and I'm so proud to call them my parents.

The Used - They inspire me so much. Their dedication to their music and their fans is admirable, they care about what they do and the people who help them do it. There's no shit with them, they are what they are and they don't change for anyone, and I love them for that. They fought for what they wanted, and never stopped believing they'd do it, and they made it. That's what inspires me, because if they can do it then so can I.
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
August 26th, 2008 at 07:37pm
Keith Moon.
People who need to know, know why.