Don't have an account? Create one!

13th August 2008 - New interview with Gerard

AuthorMessage
Rose Red.
Jazz Hands
Rose Red.
August 18th, 2008 at 12:52pm
I'm excited now! Smile I'm really looking forward to the new album. And a Mikey comic!

Am I the only one that's not going to shoot myself in the head if the new album has songs about love on it? I'm reading LJ comments saying that people aren't going to listen to MCR anymore if the new album is more postive. WTF? Some of the best songs out there are about love.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 18th, 2008 at 03:55pm
A Mikey comic, I'm excited...

Oh man, now I'm excited/confused/annoyed/etc. for the MCR new CD...what excatly is it gonna be like? "stripped of all the bells and whistles" hmm...I can't wait.
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
August 19th, 2008 at 01:27am
Yay for Ray getting married!
I'm so happy for him.

& I almost squealed when I read that Mikey's making a comic!
I seriously can't wait for that.
blackparadeisdead!
Joining The Black Parade
blackparadeisdead!
August 19th, 2008 at 05:33pm
thanks for the article!
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
August 22nd, 2008 at 03:22am
Rose Red.:
I'm excited now! Smile I'm really looking forward to the new album. And a Mikey comic!

Am I the only one that's not going to shoot myself in the head if the new album has songs about love on it? I'm reading LJ comments saying that people aren't going to listen to MCR anymore if the new album is more postive. WTF? Some of the best songs out there are about love.

i know! only people with serious macho bullshit issues could declare "love songs suck balls." the problem is that there are too many crap love songs out there. but there are some great ones as well. 1 of my personal faves is actually (yeah, shoot me) Air Supply's "Making Love Out of Nothing At All."

IDLY is a love song. even Demo Lovers is a love song. so yeah. fuck the love song haters. sorry if i happen to be referring to any of u here. really sorry. but yeahh. =P

i'm personally more worried abt ray or frank getting so absorbed in their respective bands that they put MCR second or (touchwood!touchwood) consider giving up MCR.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
August 22nd, 2008 at 08:19am
Rose Red.:

Am I the only one that's not going to shoot myself in the head if the new album has songs about love on it? I'm reading LJ comments saying that people aren't going to listen to MCR anymore if the new album is more postive.

Urgh, I read that too. It's completely disgusting what some of them are saying. They actually want Gerard to be completely miserable just so they can get good ol' angry songs. It's just stupid, and completely insulting to his (their, rather) songwriting skills. LJ spawns horrible, idiot "fans".
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
August 22nd, 2008 at 04:49pm
I cannot wait until the next album comes out... which will probably be in a while. It sounds like it's going to be really good. And I really want to see what Mikey's comic book is going to be like.

^ and I agree. There's nothing wrong with positivity in songs, nor is there anything wrong with love songs. There are a lot of really good love songs out there, and a few of MCR's songs are included in those. If there are fans that are going to turn on them just because there music isn't going to be as negative, then they aren't good fans.
Rose Red.
Jazz Hands
Rose Red.
August 23rd, 2008 at 01:01am
You guys couldn't have said it any better, those LJ people aren't decent fans. Shouldn't we be glad the band is happy? And also, something more positive would be taking the band in a new direction they haven't been before in a way. I trust My Chem, and I trust their ability to make good music, no matter what the subject matter.

My other favorite artist sings billions of love and heartbreak songs, but that doesn't make him any less amazing.
keep on living.
Shotgun Sinner
keep on living.
August 23rd, 2008 at 05:25am
Deb:
stay.awakexx:
Now we just need to find a woman for Bob.
Bob already has a woman.

I did not know that!
Yay for Bob! =D
[/spam]
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
August 23rd, 2008 at 07:36am
i never knew mikey was into the comic business.

it sounds like the next album is heading in a very intriguing direction!!!! i'm excited. Gerard's a man with a plan...we won't let us down.
me and my stomach
Thinking Happy Thoughts
me and my stomach
August 23rd, 2008 at 10:59am
ooh weezer <3
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
August 23rd, 2008 at 06:55pm
Oooh, I'm gonna miss the band, but they've worked extremely hard and deserve a break. Just hoping the fans won't hound them or anything. Hope Bob does something fun for a change, Mikey's got a comic Book?!?!?! I'm so exctied for him, can't wait to read it Very Happy and Ray's getting married!!! I am so happy for that man In Love I thought he already had a kid...in TBID he dedicated it to "his son Bauer" I think, go check and tell me if I'm wrong. But I do hope the five of them enjoy their time off Smile I'll be rooting for them from the insides of my heart <3
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 23rd, 2008 at 10:40pm
Necrophobiac71577:
I thought he already had a kid...in TBID he dedicated it to "his son Bauer" I think, go check and tell me if I'm wrong.
Dog.
Avi Catastrophe
Killjoy
Avi Catastrophe
August 27th, 2008 at 09:07am
w8 wheres the interview? i can't find it D:
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 27th, 2008 at 07:35pm
^ It's the link in the first post.

Watch your grammar, please.
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
September 8th, 2008 at 07:14am
It's probably just me, but when Gee started talking about how there was going to be more current events and a more stripped-down sound, I just couldn't help but think of Green Day. =/ does anyone remember back in Revenge era when the guys and especially Gee seemed to pretty much idolize Green Day? I like GD and all, but if this new record comes out sounding just like a clone of GD's style, I will not be happy...
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
September 8th, 2008 at 12:52pm
Evil_Alice:
When Gee started talking about how there was going to be more current events and a more stripped-down sound, I just couldn't help but think of Green Day. =/ does anyone remember back in Revenge era when the guys and especially Gee seemed to pretty much idolize Green Day? I like GD and all, but if this new record comes out sounding just like a clone of GD's style, I will not be happy...

I don't see this band "cloning" anyone ever. They are simply not going to go high production again like they did with TBP. GD are peers of theirs. They respect them, they don't "idolize" them. Can't a band consider another band an influence without getting accused of automatic mimicry? GD's and MCR's "styles" don't have anything in common with one another anyhow.