Don't have an account? Create one!

Famous Last Words

AuthorMessage
My Sweet Revenge14
Killjoy
My Sweet Revenge14
March 10th, 2012 at 10:58pm
This song I realize that to many people it has many meanings but to me it can be 2. 1. As I said in my other comment it's not being afraid of things and it's fine to be messed up in your life or to not be"cool".2. Metaphorically the patient now realizes that he must let go for what is holding him back to this world and to not be afraid of what's waiting for him.He realizes at the end of Black Parade that it's gonna be okay and that now it's better to let go instead of being afraid.People will be afraid of things they don't understand and they will make you feel afraid of your own self and will try to make you suffer.Gerard is saying that he isn't afraid of both people that hate him or his band also that during Black Parade he was having trouble with depression because he was sober. Like I said it can mean different things to different people but to me that's what I think. I might someday change my mind but for today it isn't that day Very Happy
SiriuslySmitten
Killjoy
SiriuslySmitten
April 27th, 2012 at 10:35am
I thought I read somewhere it's about Mikey. For the life of me, though, can't remember.

It is, however, my fave song on the album. I sometimes feel that this song has several meanings at once. 1) about Mikey leaving the band, 2) it's written in such a way that it does fit into the concept of the whole album, and 3) it's also sort of encouragement, that no matter how much rubbish life throws at you, you will get through it.

The last part resonates deeply with me, as I've been through some pretty horrific stuff over the years, amongst those are seeing my father die, being bipolar and suicidal, and a history of SI. I've lost more than one person should, in too short a period of time, and here I am. If I made it through all of that so far, I can keep on fighting. I have "I am not afraid to keep on living" tattooed on the inside of my left wrist. My vet once joked,"what is that, a reminder?" Yep. Absolutely.
SiriuslySmitten
Killjoy
SiriuslySmitten
April 27th, 2012 at 10:35am
For some reason my post posted twice and I can't delete it so...sorry.
angelofthemissed
Fabulous Killjoy
angelofthemissed
May 13th, 2012 at 01:50pm
I think this song is describing how even when Gerard was doing drugs, got depressed, and starting being suicidal, that he still had some hope that he would get through his sadness
never been loved
Thinking Happy Thoughts
never been loved
May 30th, 2012 at 05:25pm
Its About Mikey Wanting To Leave The Band
Sideffectsmayvary
Killjoy
Sideffectsmayvary
July 26th, 2012 at 04:03am
It makes me feel like even though times are rough we have to keep moving on
Sideffectsmayvary
Killjoy
Sideffectsmayvary
July 26th, 2012 at 04:03am
Frank iero
JaLovesMCR
Killjoy
JaLovesMCR
November 9th, 2012 at 06:44am
I think this song was about fighting. No matter what challenges your facing, just keep on fighting and never lose hope.
DesertAngel
Killjoy
DesertAngel
April 9th, 2013 at 10:44pm
This is the song that saved my life. "I am not afraid to keep on living." That line changed my life. I mean I still have depression and am still far from the most happy guy alive, but this song means so much for me. I was writing my suicide note in 7th grade when I heard this song, and it literally saved me.
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
Fabulous Killjoy
DrinkCoffee..Destroy
April 23rd, 2013 at 09:01am
It seems like we're being told, once again, to never surrender.
love_frank03
Killjoy
love_frank03
January 20th, 2015 at 01:49am
it is because of Mikey leaving the band, which would kill me on the inside, but this song was a message to him saying that the band needs him and that's why he stayed, thankfully, because it made him relies that the are a weak peice of crap with out him