Don't have an account? Create one!

Mikey's Comic Book

AuthorMessage
procrastinator.
Fabulous Killjoy
procrastinator.
October 28th, 2008 at 08:30am
I'm really surprised that there are so muck likeness with the Way Brothers. The both of them are really creative.

But still, there's going to be alot of differences in the way they write and see things. I'm so excited to read his comics, even if I'm not going to have the printed ones. :grr:
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
October 28th, 2008 at 08:39am

Ugh! I went to my comic shop and went to get it but they sold out. Sad
But luckilly this next weekend the shop should get it back in and he'll hold a copy for me. 8D
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
October 28th, 2008 at 04:32pm
When i'm in Liverpool this weekend i'm going to hunt down this bad boy. Smile The internet is not being my friend with helping me find it, at least not if I want it to find me as well. Will actually be the first time i've stepped into a comic book shop , usually I get them from bookstores or online. I hope I don't embarass myself. ><
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
October 29th, 2008 at 02:02pm
I CAN'T FIND IT!! I"ve actually tried two comic stores. Does any one know where I can get it?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
October 29th, 2008 at 02:22pm
psychochip:
So sorry. We go through this any time any new comic is released so it is getting redundant to repost every time. However, you can try:
Things From Another World
Forbidden Planet (this also has a store in the UK)
The amazon.com for your country
Acme Superstore-- they are local to me but will ship elsewhere.
Finally, The Comic Shop Locator Service can help you find comic shops near you.

Have you looked at that post?
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 29th, 2008 at 07:41pm
The Rumor:
Have you looked at that post?

And people wonder why I get cranky.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 30th, 2008 at 10:12am
Okay so I FINALLY got to read this thing (I couldn't wait any longer for Tabs' very generous package to arrive - I HAD to see!) and I did laugh. Has anyone read it yet?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
October 30th, 2008 at 04:39pm

I got the comic book!
ITS AMAZING! The whole thing.

And I have to say...Mikey's a bit better author than his brother. Tehe
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 30th, 2008 at 06:08pm
Michael James Way;:
And I have to say...Mikey's a bit better author than his brother. Tehe

So Gerard's original Eisner/Harvey award winning full length series with original concepts, characters, and storyline comes second to a short 6 page retelling of a well-known tale reworked with already-established characters?

Mikey has a good start, but he has a long way to go. The promise is definitely there; with time and a good editor I think he would do well taking the reins of an already-established property, but unless and until he does something *completely* original, the comparison is apples to oranges.
poh_way
Killjoy
poh_way
October 30th, 2008 at 11:38pm
Hi, people.
Who can post the scans?, I live in Argentina so it's imposible to me have it..so please, if anyone can..!
Gingerbread
Killjoy
Gingerbread
October 31st, 2008 at 08:06am
I Pre-Ordered From Forbidden Planet And It STILL Hasn't Arrived
: (
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 2nd, 2008 at 09:57am
I got it. It's good. I read it walking around the supermarket and nearly fell over a guy. I apologised for my stupidity in reading and walking. I read it actually on Halloween too, which was pretty fun. I showed my friend who's an MCR fan, she was pretty happy that Mikey had written something. I love the character of Jonathan Crane anyway so it was a nice treat for me. I bought The Long Halloween as well so doubly goodness.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
November 10th, 2008 at 08:55am
I got Mikey's. In reference to writing, Gerard is amazing - he created an original story with original characters and a series that is fresh and intelligent. However, I agree with Tabs in that there is no fair comparison with TUA. Mikey by space and character, whereas Gerard has free reign.
Little Miss Mental
Bleeding on the Floor
Little Miss Mental
November 12th, 2008 at 04:53pm
zomg thats amazing art work! I wish I could find it somewhere, I'd love to read it.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
November 14th, 2008 at 01:33pm
cant......wait.....
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 14th, 2008 at 08:17pm
Verge of Insanity:
zomg thats amazing art work! I wish I could find it somewhere, I'd love to read it.

Please remember that Mikey was the *writer* -- of one story, please note, not the entire book -- he was *not* the artist. Although I'm sure that Mateus appreciates your fervor. Or Gene Ha does, if you're referencing the cover art.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
November 15th, 2008 at 10:58am
Gene's is beautiful!
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 15th, 2008 at 12:11pm
I agree, Gene is very talented and does amazing work. But you and I chatted about this last weekend -- and I see not much has changed. I'm wondering if the people who haven't had a chance to read it realize that it's an anthology done by a collection of writers and artists rather than a single story with one writer and one artist.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
November 15th, 2008 at 03:44pm
Doubtful - it appears to be more of a "jump on the Mikey train" adoration. Which is sad on so many different levels.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 15th, 2008 at 06:43pm
Meh. I only bought it to read Mikey's and I'm not ashamed of that - I'm not into comic books and that's not about to change just so I'm accepted into the comic book fandom, tbqh.

- No offence intended to anyone.