Don't have an account? Create one!

New site layout!

AuthorMessage
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
March 6th, 2009 at 06:14pm
That came up yesterday when I trued to access it but today it's fine... and still th same? Hmm
kaitlyn.
Demolition Lover
kaitlyn.
March 6th, 2009 at 09:48pm
hm, same here, thats weird Razz
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 7th, 2009 at 01:23pm
Maybe we actually did crash the site. Not like it hasn't happened before. xP
polly pocket.
Fabulous Killjoy
polly pocket.
March 7th, 2009 at 06:04pm
The merch bit has changed, I dunno when they did that though? I just presumed that was what it was.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
March 7th, 2009 at 06:21pm
^^
didn't happen to me...?
and i was on multiple times at school throughout the day
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 8th, 2009 at 07:39am
I think it was the merchandise page that changed.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 8th, 2009 at 11:58am
It is possible they did internal coding. Not all site changes have to produce superficial results.
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 10th, 2009 at 04:09pm
nvrmd
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
July 27th, 2009 at 08:18pm
If you go on their website right now it just says:
"MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
will be right back."
I wonder what they're doing!
kidwithskittles
Joining The Black Parade
kidwithskittles
July 27th, 2009 at 09:12pm
anyone gotten their secret code in an email yet? this member thing they have up is making me curious.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
July 27th, 2009 at 09:15pm
The new site layout just came up. It's pretty much the same as it was - with their blogs and the Twitter updates on the right side and merch advertisements and tags on the left side.

But the background's not that blue hospital thing anymore, it's a soundboard fading into black. And on top of the soundboard are some speakers and stuff.

Also - new font for "My Chemical Romance" on top of the page. All caps and block letters. I wonder if this is a clue to the new album's look/feel, or maybe just some fonts they're messing around with and thinking about using on the new album?

They also opened up the tour section of the site and put up the dates for their appearance at SummerSonic in Japan.

"MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
Now with 50% more chemicals!!" is what my screen says. I'm assuming it has to do with the new layout, as well?

EDIT: Err, well. That was until MCR.com decided to crash again. :\ I didn't get to take screencaps, damn. Nevermind, back up again! In case they decide to change it again, here's screencaps: one, two. Y'know, for future reference. :D
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
July 27th, 2009 at 10:54pm
If you go to the tour section, it says they're playing two shows at The Roxy in LA.
I was totally unaware of this. But if you go to The Roxy online it says they're playing "2 intimate" shows.
I really wish I could go.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
July 28th, 2009 at 03:57am
kidwithskittles:
anyone gotten their secret code in an email yet? this member thing they have up is making me curious.

Same here - no idea what thats all about

*Damn - I just tried it without the code and it did't work. Just thought I'd check
A Shot with the Lens
Fabulous Killjoy
A Shot with the Lens
July 28th, 2009 at 08:04am
I haven't gotten my secret code yet - damn it! I feel left out >,< But I'm happy things are starting to get moving with the band again ^^
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 28th, 2009 at 09:15am

i love love love how the site looks now. <33
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
July 28th, 2009 at 09:31am
Rumor rebuked.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
July 28th, 2009 at 09:43am
I think the website looks amazing, with the new layout. <3

I wasn't a fan of the blue/white hospital like thing.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
July 28th, 2009 at 09:51am
jules:
Rumor I cannot substantiate: select mcrmy members will receive the "secret code." Only these members are getting tickets to the Roxy shows and will get early tickets to future shows. The fanclub will be a paid membership with levels.
I heard this too, over Twitter. Though it appears that no one has successfully joined, not even one of the supposed "select few", and I don't believe they'd make their site so unbelievably exclusive and restrictive to most people.
I surely hope not, and since that rumour isn't really based on much evidence other than gossip, I'm not going to believe it until it's proved to be true.

I also heard in a rumour that membership was only for people who lived in California, but I'm guessing that is false seeing as how there are many countries listed in that part of 'Create An Account'.

Seeing as how the new layout hasn't been up for very long, I'm hoping that the "secret code" issues are just a error that will be repaired.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
July 28th, 2009 at 10:19am
EDIT: Rumor rebuked.

I have never known the MCRmy to have paid memberships and the members were rewarded via their participation (which IMHO is how it should operate).

I belong to another band's fanclub that has membership levels supposedly based on years in, but last year they changed the structure and increased the cost per level. Meet & Greets, early entry and presales were supposedly based on your membership level, but then we got to the show and saw 100+ kids in line who had purchased a fanclub membership + tickets via ticketmaster and were given the same perks and more, but paid double what we did. Edited: It clearly became who had more cash to drop.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 28th, 2009 at 12:38pm
jules:
I belong to another band's fanclub that has membership levels supposedly based on years in, but last year they changed the structure and increased the cost per level. Meet & Greets, early entry and presales were supposedly based on your membership level, but then we got to the show and saw 100+ kids in line who had purchased a fanclub membership + tickets via ticketmaster and were given the same perks and more, but paid double what we did.
Honestly? I think the structure that you described sucks, Jules. Some people create accounts and forget that they have them - that's no guarantee of your level of support for a band.