Don't have an account? Create one!

photography thread.

AuthorMessage
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 15th, 2009 at 11:26am
Nope, it's just for your photography. If there is an interesting site you see, and it related to the discussion , then a link may be posted, but I really want to avoid this thread becoming about work besides your own.
kafe.
Shotgun Sinner
kafe.
March 15th, 2009 at 02:34pm
I took these just now. I'm actually quite proud of them ='D

Image Image Image Image
c/c would be wonderful =]
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
March 15th, 2009 at 03:15pm
I like the lightning and the background. But they all seem to be out of focus, except for the last one.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
March 15th, 2009 at 03:19pm
schmetallica.:

Are you using auto? Or one of the priority modes other than shutter?
If so, the lighting is probably low and the shutter speed automatically adjusts to let more light in. Slow shutter speeds usually are blurry because it's hard to hold your hands perfectly steady.
I would suggest switching to manual so you can adjust everything yourself.
Like, if the lighting is low just make the ISO higher and/or open up the aperture while keeping the shutter speed to where it's quick enough to keep steady.
I don't know if you already knew this, so, sorry if this didn't help. xD
i never use auto, but i use macro and portrait and sometimes without flash, but the pictures turn out blurry. i tried to use manual and adjust the iso, but it still doesnt work. i'll try and see if it works tomorrow.
thank you though. (:
kafe.
Shotgun Sinner
kafe.
March 15th, 2009 at 04:31pm
new art riot.:
I like the lightning and the background. But they all seem to be out of focus, except for the last one.

I see what you mean by that. Thank you =D
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
March 15th, 2009 at 07:26pm
Always welcome.

ImageImage

Nosebleeds are fun.
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
March 15th, 2009 at 08:21pm
This is my second go at photography... comments/crit are very welcome.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Click for full size.
More at my Flickr [Add me, if you'd like]
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 15th, 2009 at 11:20pm
Image Image
I went to the fair today just to take some photos. (:
They didn't turn out like I expected. But ah well.
Xavey Stars
Motor Baby
Xavey Stars
March 16th, 2009 at 04:11pm
Corrupted Dreams: I added you =)

schmetallica.: I love those! There's a summer fest that comes to my town every year and there's a ride called the Zipper that looks like the one in your picture. It's the best one xD
Sorry spam..

These are from a couple of months ago:
Image Image
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
March 16th, 2009 at 05:52pm
I really like the colour in the first one.
Really earthy. (:

Some new photos on my flickr.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
March 17th, 2009 at 01:05pm
I'm going to a few concerts coming up.
And I was wondering if I should take my dslr to them.
I'm worried I might drop it or something stupid like that.
So, yay or nay?
dirty love.
In The Murder Scene
dirty love.
March 17th, 2009 at 01:14pm
I wouldn't. I daren't take mine.
Not only are they bulky, but you're more likely to have someone crush it/knock it out of your hand than you actually drop it.
It could depend on what kind of concert you're at. If it's just a little local gig and everyone will be pretty still, you might want to risk it.
I normally just take my little digital camera. Obviously the pictures don't come out as good as they would with my dslr, but they're good enough.
Freddy
Always Born a Crime
Freddy
March 17th, 2009 at 02:31pm
Some good photos posted lately guys Very Happy
Schemtallica, I adore the last one.

Image Image Image
Image Image

These were taken today at the St Patricks parade in my town.
You can see them bigger on my flickr Very Happy
high drama.
Awake and Unafraid
high drama.
March 17th, 2009 at 02:46pm
pleasure.:
I'm going to a few concerts coming up.
And I was wondering if I should take my dslr to them.
I'm worried I might drop it or something stupid like that.
So, yay or nay?

I wouldn't either. Not only would I be afraid to damage it, I just don't think it's worth the effort. When you're in the crowd you (in most cases) don't really have the time and/or chance to get all the settings right to get the "million dollar photo" anyway, let alone getting a perfectly sharp picture, so I think you'll be fine with a compact.

Also, I guess it depends on how much you like the bands you're going to see. If it's this really great band you might not want to be all distracted with camera settings and such, missing the whole show.
But that's just my opinion, of course (:
make some noise;
Jazz Hands
make some noise;
March 18th, 2009 at 11:02am
Okay, I need a little help here;
As of now, I only use a little, cheap, 80-dollar digital camera for my photography. I'm saving up to get a DSLR, but it's slow going. What camera/brand/type is the cheapest I can get and still get nice-quality pictures?
Thanks in advance.
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
March 18th, 2009 at 03:24pm
here are some photos from my fashion coursework =)

Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 18th, 2009 at 05:23pm
Whats going on in the first few?

As for the last set, I would probably have lit it a little better to avoid making it so obvious that there is a backdrop. I mean, everyone knows there is, but the idea is to make it seamless, as if your model is standing in front of a vast white nothing. Diffusing your light source is a good start.

If you really wanted those shadows, perhaps it would have been better to shoot from above, on location in perhaps a parking lot or something where the lights already create that effect but more in harmony with your background. It would also have fit your model's outfit better than blankness. Making sure your location suits your model is important.

A far as your crop/framing goes, when cuttin the legs off at all, best to keep it mid-thigh. Anything else is a bit unflattering. And one last thing I hear constantly about shooting portraits - if there is a joint in the frame, bend it! It yields the best results. A relaxed pose comes across more genuinely. A dynamic seated pose with sharply bent knees that tie into the lines of your setting (if there is one) is a good idea.

Sorry for the essay.
goodbye blue sky
Always Born a Crime
goodbye blue sky
March 19th, 2009 at 12:14pm
Corrupted Dreams:

I added you ^^
James Owen. Sullivan
Banned
James Owen. Sullivan
March 20th, 2009 at 03:14am
Hey guys
I'm looking to buy a macro lens for my camera: I really do love taking photos of spiders, and using a normal lens means I have to wait for the big spiders to come along in order to get good photos...
But I have no idea where to start looking, and the technical numbers still confuse me D=
so any advice would be awesome.

Oh, and I have a Canon 450D (Rebel XSI in the states; they're the same camera)
Doll Parts
Salute You in Your Grave
Doll Parts
March 20th, 2009 at 07:59am
holier than thou.:
Whats going on in the first few?

As for the last set, I would probably have lit it a little better to avoid making it so obvious that there is a backdrop. I mean, everyone knows there is, but the idea is to make it seamless, as if your model is standing in front of a vast white nothing. Diffusing your light source is a good start.

If you really wanted those shadows, perhaps it would have been better to shoot from above, on location in perhaps a parking lot or something where the lights already create that effect but more in harmony with your background. It would also have fit your model's outfit better than blankness. Making sure your location suits your model is important.

A far as your crop/framing goes, when cuttin the legs off at all, best to keep it mid-thigh. Anything else is a bit unflattering. And one last thing I hear constantly about shooting portraits - if there is a joint in the frame, bend it! It yields the best results. A relaxed pose comes across more genuinely. A dynamic seated pose with sharply bent knees that tie into the lines of your setting (if there is one) is a good idea.

Sorry for the essay.

no no i'm glad you did!!

i understand where your coming from but i quite liked showing the backdrop but on some of them where you can only see the shaows of the legs I'll be getting rid of these were just experiments towards my finals.
cropping i dont think i did actually crop any

as for the first few after i'd taken the photos and uploaded them around the model it was blurred so i just jazzed it up a bit i thought it might bring peoples attention more to the model gradually if you get my meaning?

but thank you i will consider your points =)