Don't have an account? Create one!

Matt Pelissier Suing Eyeball Records and MCR

AuthorMessage
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
April 15th, 2009 at 09:00am
Sigh....if Otter is owed money, then yes he should be paid. However, he signed a written contract with very specific provisions. No one knows all the facts and there are 2 sides to the story. Simply stated, I don't believe it is necessary to vilify anyone.

The issue isn't whether the money would help him, but whether he actually is entitled to the same.

Good attorneys name all possible parties to avoid the loss of potential claims and to look for deep pockets.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 16th, 2009 at 12:02pm
jules:
Sigh....if Otter is owed money, then yes he should be paid. However, he signed a written with very specific provisions. No one knows all the facts and there are 2 sides to the story. Simply stated, I don't believe it is necessary to vilify anyone.

The issue isn't whether the money would help him, but whether he actually is entitled to the same.

Good attorneys name all possible parties to avoid the loss of potential claims and to look for deep pockets.

Well said.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
April 18th, 2009 at 08:18pm
I hope that this will end positively, but obviously, you can't always guarantee that.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 19th, 2009 at 01:17am
vetvampiress:
I hope that this will end positively, but obviously, you can't always guarantee that.
positively for whom? if it ends with matt getting what he's owed, i view that as positive.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
April 19th, 2009 at 01:45pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
vetvampiress:
positively for whom? if it ends with matt getting what he's owed, i view that as positive.

Well obviously, despite us all wanting the best for the boys, and most of us having this weird hatred for Matt, when theres no reason too - he didnt do anything AGAINST MCR, he was let go.
He obviously desreves what is tittled to him. If its not suppost to be for him, then fine.

People should have a more open mind to ex-members. Not just automatically think "oh well he hates MCR, so i hate him"

[/end stupid rant]
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
April 19th, 2009 at 04:02pm
I don't think anyone here has said they hate Matt.
In fact, most fans I know recognise the huge influence Matt had on MCR in the early days and don't hate him for that reason.

If Matt is owed money, he should have it.
End of.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 20th, 2009 at 12:11pm
^ i agree with you, if matt is owned some money, he should have it, but the thing i dont understand is why he decided to come with this after 5 years. it seems strange to me. if he was owned money, he should have come right after he left the band. is it because they have been successful with the black parade and he decided to be like "oh yeah, since they have been so successful with the black parade and have lots of money, i should sue mcr for not giving my cut off bullets."
it just doesnt make any sense.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 20th, 2009 at 12:16pm
Well, if it is due to the success recently, maybe he thinks that now there's is an amount of money worth fighting for up for grabs.
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 20th, 2009 at 12:23pm
^if thats so, then hes using a dirty trick to get the money and thats not very nice.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
April 20th, 2009 at 01:20pm
sink into mona.:
^ i agree with you, if matt is owned some money, he should have it, but the thing i dont understand is why he decided to come with this after 5 years. it seems strange to me. if he was owned money, he should have come right after he left the band. is it because they have been successful with the black parade and he decided to be like "oh yeah, since they have been so successful with the black parade and have lots of money, i should sue mcr for not giving my cut off bullets."
it just doesnt make any sense.

this is exactly what i was coming here to say.
thank you for sparing me the struggle of how to word it
=D
Jenny.
Jenny.
April 20th, 2009 at 04:43pm
sink into mona.:
^if thats so, then hes using a dirty trick to get the money and thats not very nice.

well, he'll only get what is deemed rightfully his through his work...I think? If I'm wrong, please anyone correct me.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 20th, 2009 at 04:49pm
Yes. He won't get any more money beyond how far he worked for the band, and for his lawsuit against eyeball if his case(s) aren't dismissed.

I don't know the guidelines of like, pain and suffering are, but he could also tack that on too. i could obviously be wrong, like i said, i don't know what they are. i doubt he will though...
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 20th, 2009 at 05:08pm
phantoms forever.:

this is exactly what i was coming here to say.
thank you for sparing me the struggle of how to word it
=D
lmao, thank you. XD

dresden dolls.:
well, he'll only get what is deemed rightfully his through his work...I think? If I'm wrong, please anyone correct me.
it is, but hes probably using a trick to get more money, which isnt right.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 20th, 2009 at 05:20pm
sink into mona.:
the court can only give him what he's due. they follow the legal notes, all of the documents, and if he's asking for too much or doesn't have enough proof, the claim will be denied. he can't get any more money than what he's owed. the band might have more money than what they did 5 years ago, but he's not going to get anything more.
Jenny.
Jenny.
April 20th, 2009 at 06:00pm
sink into mona.:

How...?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
April 20th, 2009 at 06:02pm
Honestly? No matter what, he'll probably get the same or less than the amount of money he's owed because he's only going for Eyeball, rather than Reprise (regarding Three Cheers), which is probably where more money lies.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
April 20th, 2009 at 06:48pm
The Rumor:
Honestly? No matter what, he'll probably get the same or less than the amount of money he's owed because he's only going for Eyeball, rather than Reprise (regarding Three Cheers), which is probably where more money lies.
I'm guessing Reprise paid their money to Matt already. Captain obvious, maybe...?
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 21st, 2009 at 10:57am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
the court can only give him what he's due. they follow the legal notes, all of the documents, and if he's asking for too much or doesn't have enough proof, the claim will be denied. he can't get any more money than what he's owed. the band might have more money than what they did 5 years ago, but he's not going to get anything more.
if thats how it is, then theres nothing to worry about, i wont. i think.

dresden dolls.:
How...?
i dont know, i dont know his way of thinking. if i had, i'd tell it, ahaha.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
April 21st, 2009 at 11:50am
Why do most of you hate Matt?
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
April 21st, 2009 at 12:03pm
i've never said that i hate matt. like i said, if he is owned money, then he should have it, but i think he should had come when he left the band and not 5 years after. he has every right to get the money, but why after so many years?