Don't have an account? Create one!

Bandit Lee Way born May 27, 2009

AuthorMessage
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
May 28th, 2009 at 09:50pm
Congrats to them but seriously, Bandit is a pet's name, not a baby girl's.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 28th, 2009 at 09:59pm
I love the name Bandit. it's so awesome. and since she's a girl, it makes it WAY cooler [that was not on purpose XD]
lost in stereo.
Salute You in Your Grave
lost in stereo.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:15pm
double, sorry
lost in stereo.
Salute You in Your Grave
lost in stereo.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:16pm
congratulations gerard and lindsey <3
stockholm syndrome.
Awake and Unafraid
stockholm syndrome.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:28pm
I thought they would name the kid something artsy, but Bandit as a girl name? AWESOME! Congrats to Gerard and Lyn-Z. I wonder what Bandit loooks like.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:46pm
Mass Hysteria:
honestly some of you are killing me. this is gerard we're talking about. you know, weird gerard? 'member him?

what did you think an eccentric, crazy frontman of a rock band and a bassist of one of the most chaotic bands today would come up with, martha or sue?

think about who you guys are talking about before you criticize. gerard and lyn-z do not = you.
===================================
oh and i'm pretty sure the baby looks like a baby. they tend to look the same until they get a bit older.
/rant
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
May 28th, 2009 at 10:50pm
I am with you L -- their baby, they can name her what ever the heck they want to.

Bandit is lucky she wasn't named Brams Stoker Dracula Way or Artemis of Bana-Mighdall Way or Coffee Bean Way or Halloween Pumpkin Fairy Way.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:55pm
i'd name my kid coffee been, no lie. or at least a nickname if i wasn't feeling particularly crazy that day.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 28th, 2009 at 10:56pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
honestly some of you are killing me. this is gerard we're talking about. you know, weird gerard? 'member him?

what did you think an eccentric, crazy frontman of a rock band and a bassist of one of the most chaotic bands today would come up with, martha or sue?

think about who you guys are talking about before you criticize. gerard and lyn-z do not = you.

This.

I'm up to my ears with "Omg, what a ~stupid name, he should die in a fire for thinking of that, that kid's gonna get picked on" comments (not so much here, elsewhere).

I, for one, would be disappointed if the name's not slightly wacky.

Congratulations on the happy couple & their families. <3
Mass Hysteria
Killjoy
Mass Hysteria
May 28th, 2009 at 10:56pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
Mass Hysteria:

===================================
oh and i'm pretty sure the baby looks like a baby. they tend to look the same until they get a bit older.
/rant

That's not an excuse. There are plenty of crazy, weird and eccentric people out there who manage to pick unique, thoughtful names for their kids without giving all the other kids at school lisence to bully them. I like Gerard, and Lindsey, and obviously it's up to them what they name their kid. But I just thought that he would have had a bit of common sense, is all, to think ahead a little bit to when this kid grows up. I know he probably wants his kid to be herself and not worry about what other people say, but try telling that to a nine year old who just wants to fit in with her friends.

Even Bronx sounds more like a name than Bandit.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 28th, 2009 at 11:03pm
lol so critical. i'm pretty sure they thought about the name long and hard. they had 8 to 9 months after all. not like they threw scrabble pieces against the wall.

it's not like it's that bad of a name, geez. when you have a kid you can name it what you want. i'm sure the kid will live a normal, happy life.
Deathly-romance
Killjoy
Deathly-romance
May 28th, 2009 at 11:11pm
Wat a wonderful day was May 27 2009 with 2 wonderful news first My Chemical Romance is recording their new CD and then Gerard Way and Lin-z had their beautiful baby Bandit this day is a day to remember congrats to the new parents and I give you my best wishes on this new cycle in you lives enjoy it as muchas u can....
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
May 28th, 2009 at 11:15pm
Coffee Bean as a nickname would be adorable.
_____________________________________________________________Crimes: I saw that post at lj and I cringed - some people are just frickin' --I don't know.

Who the hell is anyone to judge what is appropriate to name a child? Apparently some thought went into this as they gave Bandit his mother and grandmother's middle name. You don't have to be a hardcore fan to know the boy worshipped his Grandmother and adores his Mom.

He and Lin owe no one an explanation of why they named the baby Bandit. However, I would bet there is a substantial reason behind her name, something meaningful and important to them.

Everyone wants to rail on Peter and Ashlee for naming baby boy "Bronx," but the name has very special connotations to both of them.

It seems odd that the majority of those worrying that she will be picked on, have no trouble mocking her name now. We are talking about a baby that has barely come into this world - why would you want to throw anything negative her way? (or Bronx for that matter.)

And I know of many children who have unique names that don't seem to phase anyone.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
May 28th, 2009 at 11:20pm
It seems odd that the majority of those worrying that she will be picked on, have no trouble mocking her name now. We are talking about a baby that has barely come into this world - why would you want to throw anything negative her way? (or Bronx for that matter.)

I find that the ironic bit. She's a newborn baby and they're already planting a ~crappy future for her, which goes to show. Hm. I didn't think people get made fun of for their names that much either. My name's different, people never told me to fuck off before lol.

Crimes: I saw that post at lj and I cringed - some people are just frickin' --I don't know.

It amazes me the depths people go to to pick on the band's *personal* choices even at their best moments. Lol.

This is probably spam...? Idunno. Sorry.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 28th, 2009 at 11:26pm
see, now you gave me an idea for the future!
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
May 28th, 2009 at 11:28pm
Hey, that's what I am here for! Wink

Crimes: Valid points!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
May 28th, 2009 at 11:29pm
oh and i'm sure the kid will be raised with the strong feeling of "dont give a fuck". that's what gerard has always been about, and differences not meaning anything. besides. you'd think eventually she'd learn that the people who will supposedly make fun of her are petty. nobody really makes fun of names nowadays anyway
i s2 gw
Killjoy
i s2 gw
May 28th, 2009 at 11:41pm
aw love you gerarad and bandit lee, but im still not that used to lyn-z
Harley Quinn.
Awake and Unafraid
Harley Quinn.
May 28th, 2009 at 11:56pm
I don't think Bandit will be picked on, seirously I'm sure alot of her friends will be other rockstar babies like Bronx Mowgli Wentz and Harlow Winter Kate Richie Madden, so she'll fit in just fine.

And on the bright side her name is not Moon Unit Zappa.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
May 29th, 2009 at 12:44am
jules:
Halloween Pumpkin Fairy Way.
Halloween Pumpkin Fairy is the best name ever!