Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Bryar Files Lawsuit Over Dog's Mysterious Death

AuthorMessage
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
June 23rd, 2009 at 08:25pm
The drummer for the rock band My Chemical Romance is suing a dog trainer after the musician's beloved German shepherd mix died in the trainer's care – and was returned in the form of cremated remains, according to court papers.

In a bizarre lawsuit filed in Burbank Superior Court, Bob Bryar alleges breach of contract, fraud, negligence and intentional infliction of emotional distress against Daniel Schaffer, described in the action as the self-proclaimed "dog trainer to the stars."

"I don't even know what happened to my best friend and miss her more than anything in the world," Bryar tells PEOPLE. "The devastation I feel is beyond words."

Acting on a referral, Bryar says he spent $7,500 in April to send his dog Dixie, which the lawsuit calls "the most important thing in his life," to Schaffer's kennel for intensified training to help the emotionally fragile, formerly abused rescue dog adjust to a new dog in the household.

About a week later, after previously telling Bryar that the dog had been "having a blast and partying all day," Schaffer reported that Dixie was killed when a drunk driver struck the vehicle in which Schaffer was carrying Dixie and other dogs, according to the lawsuit.

Later that evening, "Schaffer called (Bryar) again and informed him that he could not say goodbye to Dixie for she had been 'cremated due to her condition,'" the lawsuit says. Two days later, the trainer "delivered an urn allegedly containing Dixie's remains," the suit says. After Schaffer failed to produce a police report documenting the crash, he changed his story and said Dixie died in her sleep, then changed that story to say she died under other circumstances, the suit says.

Schaffer didn't return messages seeking comment. No response has yet been filed to Bryar's lawsuit.

Source
onehitwonder
Killjoy
onehitwonder
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:19pm
I just about to post this ha..
Poor Bob, losing a dog is so painful, espeically when you have no idea what happend to him/her. If the trainer had to change his story it's obviously a lie.
rick rape.
Banned
rick rape.
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:36pm
I feel so sorry for Bob.
May she rest in peace. ):
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:39pm
If flaming of the guy ensues in this thread, I'm locking it. You can say how wrong he was with the whole situation, and hatred will be allowed to some extent. however: "some1 find me hiz emailz so we can spam his inbox and tell him we want him to die and give him sum hxc thretz" will not be tolerated. just using experience from the band's food poisoning incident.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:39pm
awe....poor Dixie.....he wrote about her all the time.....I wanna make Bob cookies or something now
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:57pm
R.I.P Dixie Sad
She was so cute, My condolences go out out to Bob xo
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
June 23rd, 2009 at 10:09pm
I am SO sorry Bob.
I feel absolutely horrible. I could cry.
I can't even imagine.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
June 23rd, 2009 at 10:25pm
I'm so sorry Bob. Dixie was such a beautiful dog.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
June 23rd, 2009 at 11:12pm
aw. I feel sorry for Bob. ):
may Dixie rest in peace.
it's really obvious that she's a wonderful dog.
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
June 23rd, 2009 at 11:54pm
My condolences to Bob, its so difficult to lose a pet, and even harder not being able to say goodbye. Sad
WayDown
Bleeding on the Floor
WayDown
June 24th, 2009 at 12:26am
That is just so freakin' horrible! I hope people stop going to this jerk because of this!

Poor Dixie. First she was abused, and now this? Who knows what happened to her. It'd be great to find out she isn't really dead, but she probably is. At least she had a good time in her life with Bob.

Poor Bob. I hope he deals with this alright. It's so hard to lose a pet you loved so much. I sent him one of those message things on Twitter, but he probably won't get it. I hope he does, though.
fun ghoul
In a Bullet's Embrace
fun ghoul
June 24th, 2009 at 07:39am
i feel really sorry for bob.
he really loved her T_T
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
June 24th, 2009 at 10:27am
RIP Dixie, wow.. Bob really loved that dog too. I remember when he had her with him during the whole Driving With Bob thing, and I kind of fell in love with her since then. She looked like a great dog. I'm always so scared I'm going to lose my two cats, who are basically my life and family. I wish Bob the best.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
June 24th, 2009 at 10:36am
this is probably gonna sound childish but i read all the posts about dixie in mcr.com and cried.

goodbye, dixie. you'll be missed :'[

Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
June 24th, 2009 at 12:13pm
I'm still very saddened by this.

RIP DIXIE.

I'm very sorry, Bob.

<wanders off to glomp my own dog>
stockholm syndrome.
Awake and Unafraid
stockholm syndrome.
June 24th, 2009 at 12:43pm
R.I.P.
Dixie
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
June 24th, 2009 at 01:31pm
I feel so bad for Bob and Dixie. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. We lost our bird in March =[ And Dixie seemed like a great dog, too. I totally adored her and I could tell how much Bob cared for her which is obviously, TONS.

RIP Dixie.
macabre de coiffure
Fabulous Killjoy
macabre de coiffure
June 24th, 2009 at 03:00pm
This is absolutely awful. =( My heart goes out to Bob. I hope there's justice.

RIP Dixie.
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
June 24th, 2009 at 07:36pm
I have two rescue dogs. If someone touched my dogs, I would be jailed for putting my foot so far up their ass they would taste the sole. This is one of the shittiest, saddest things I have ever fucking heard. I hope the State of California also files charges for animal abuse against this stupid fuck. He is most definitely hiding something by having her cremated.

Poor little puppy and my heart goes out to Bob.
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
June 24th, 2009 at 07:38pm
Oh my goodness. I can't believe this happened.
I'm so sorry, Bob. At least... at least she lived her life loved. She was lucky to have such a loving owner.
Rest in peace, Dixie.