Don't have an account? Create one!

Obesity

AuthorMessage
Jenny.
Jenny.
March 21st, 2010 at 02:05pm
I'm sorry, but just about where did I call you a bitch? This was a discussion until you decided it wasn't and told everyone to chill out. Nobody was "having a go", they were simply pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, and putting forward their opinion on the matter, which incidentally is what a discussion is.

Im from britan,im going to guess your both from the us or somewhere else,but things are different here.

No, I'm from Britain too. I understand your language perfectly well and I understand what you're trying to say, I just disagree with it.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 21st, 2010 at 02:31pm
And that wasnt directed at you,and i didnt say you called me a bitch,i said people are making me out to be one!

Im getting quite sick of this now
if your having a discussion on obesity?
have one

ive gave you all talking points
diet
excercise
enviromental factors
what can be done to prevent obesity.

And this stopped being a discussion after about the first 3/4 replies,now its just an arguement and to be honest,i cba.

So heres something else for you all to to pick at instead.

What can be done,in your view,to stop obesity.
what kind of excercises can a person who is obese take,without shortness of breath or becoming too tired.
what food options are there
whats the best way for an obese person to loose the unessacery weight

Id rather talk about that than argue over something wrote quickly and having an opinion
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 21st, 2010 at 05:34pm
Coraline, I think you should take a break from this topic until you can conduct yourself in a calmer manner. I am not here to have a discussion about obesity; I am here to moderate this nonsense and from an objective standpoint, all I see is your aggressive posts. I see valid points throughout the last two pages from you and from others talking with you, but you are the only one making it about yourself and accusing people of things. Leave until you can focus more on the topic at hand, and learn not to be so easily offended.

You are doing the very things you're accusing people of doing to you.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:10pm
Funny,i was just about to.
Point is,ive made what ive said about obesity,and the people that have been replying to me havnt been so calm to me either.
Im not offended,im irritated at thier ignorance,ive made it clear that obesity is all that i wanted to speak about and instead,all ive had is an arguement for the past few days because apparently,not all people have choice with food.

Ive apoligised for my wording,and ive went deeper into what ive meant,and repeatedly its been ignored.
Matter of fact is,i get your point!

And i have focused on the topic at hand,see above and the page before.
Every post,has considered obesity and my use of wording.
Ive repeatedly tried to put it in that direction for discussion,and instead im being blamed for other people's actions? You cant expect me not to retaliate if someone seems hostile with me.
I stated a point,ive elaborated,and people dont like it,i said they wouldnt.
But im having to repeat myself on the main things,because thier ignoring it.
And instead of having a discussion,theyve made it more into a personal arguement (Y)

And im sorry,but your wrong.
I've not made it about myself,ive been trying to direct the conversation more to obesity,instead ive been sidetracked by people trying to cause an arguement over petty things.
So im not the only one who needs a break thanks.

Ive made clear,what i meant.
Ive answered questions,ive retaliated,and ive defended myself.
matter of fact is,i shouldnt have to do the defending.
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:12pm
I wasn't asking for your side. I have read all of this in your past posts, so you are just repeating things. You're the one here causing a ruckus, so kindly take a break, unless your next posts have nothing to do with their remarks to you, since I think we've beaten that subject to death. If you keep carrying on, we're going to have even more problems. Thanks and have a nice day.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:14pm
And again,not allowed to defend myself (Y)

And repeating for a reason,because quite clearly its being ignored,repeatedly.

W/e man

[edit]

At the end of the day,obesity's an issue.
Ive stated my opinion and elaborated.
So again.

What do you think could help stop obesity?
What excercises would most suit an obese person?
What food choices are there?
Surgical,or diet?
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:15pm
Coraline, I believe what I have asked is for you to stop carrying on. If this doesn't end, you're getting a temp ban. Learn when to quit.
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:17pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Coraline.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Coraline.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:17pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
March 21st, 2010 at 06:18pm
I can read. Thanks for your lack of contribution.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
March 21st, 2010 at 09:32pm
Coraline:
Ive honestly just stopped reading this properly now,your all commenting on my laungage and how fat people are lazy,not all people are.
Actually, I've said other points other than how you've worded things.

Coraline:
Im from britan,im going to guess your both from the us or somewhere else,but things are different here.
I'm from Australia.

Coraline:
As i've said,ive seen the struggle obesity is first hand.
it takes work.
In britan,theres a healthy life campaign,generally because they found all kids are eating too much crap which could lead to obesity.
Everyones going mental overthe fact you should have five a day,again because the found out people werent.

All of this can LEAD to obesity.
And I don't disagree. I just don't agree with generalisations of obese people.

Coraline:
Id like to have an actual discussion now,rather than you both picking apart irrelevant parts of what im saying,cus this has been a whole page of this now.
Your allowed to disagree,but disagree on an actual point and give your opinion.
Cus this is more of a personal arguement against me now,not anything else.
We have been replying to more than just "picking apart irrelevant parts". I replied the first time talking about generalisations of obese people. This is completely relevant to the topic at hand.

Coraline:
ive said my view on obesity,most people dont care of themselves,most will become obese,you can stop this by eating healthy and excercising.
You can make simlpe choices than can change the rest of your life.
It's fine and wonderful to say that all we need to do is to eat healthy and exercise, but it all starts with education on the subject. There are a lot of people, I imagine, who don't get correct nutritional information on foods when they're young. Children also pick up eating habits from their parents and their friends. It's a hard thing to change, because for everyone to come round to the way of thinking such as "eat more healthily, exercise more" people need to be informed of healthy choices really early on. It's not a simple task, overhauling everyone's way of thinking. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done, but sometimes it isn't so simple.

Coraline:
Im actually the only person giving a view rather than having a go,
I feel that's actually really rude. Everyone on this thread has given a view, and no one was having a go. I certainly wasn't. Stop telling people to "chill out". No one is actually getting out of hand.
Star Ashes
Fabulous Killjoy
Star Ashes
March 31st, 2010 at 03:54am
I think that people should think about they overeat. and if its by no fault of their own then they need help.
dont stop.
Salute You in Your Grave
dont stop.
July 13th, 2010 at 09:36pm
I believe that America's fast food culture is not the only thing to blame for the rise of obesity in the US. Parent's stress that schools need to implement better menus (and this is true, my school's menu is horrid), but parent's need to make sure that they teach their children proper eating habits, also. No, this doesn't mean to completely stop eating sweets or to obsessively count calories.
Rather than rag on the government for not making sugary soft drinks illegal or something similar, parents should learn better eating habits themselves and help their children learn.
Most importantly, people have to understand that skinny does not equate healthy.

Anyway, I think that people shouldn't be acting as if the overweight or obese are victims. Making them feel like they are victims will only make them feel helpless and minimize the chance of them dropping to a healthier weight.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 15th, 2010 at 09:15pm
Star Ashes:
I think that people should think about they overeat. and if its by no fault of their own then they need help.
Overeating sometimes can't be helped. How are people at fault if a: they don't know they are or b: can't really help it.

Such a widespread generalization.
dont stop.:
Anyway, I think that people shouldn't be acting as if the overweight or obese are victims. Making them feel like they are victims will only make them feel helpless and minimize the chance of them dropping to a healthier weight.
Obesity is genetic as well. How are people of inherited genes NOT victims. Some people don't have such an easy time losing weight. What are you supposed to do, just sit there and not "pity" someone and let them continue on. I think that obesity makes people victims if they don't even try to be obese in the first place.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 15th, 2010 at 10:06pm
mikey fuckin way.:
Obesity is genetic as well. How are people of inherited genes NOT victims.
I don't think people who are obese or overweight due to genetics should be seen as victims.

And being overweight / obese due to genetics doesn't necessarily mean you can't lose weight. I think it's pointless to see obese people as victims - not because I don't think they're deserving of sympathy, but because it's not constructive. The last thing an obese (or overweight) person wants to hear is "oh, poor you, there there". Most of them just want to be treated normally, I would have thought.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 16th, 2010 at 01:02pm
Mindfuck:
I don't think people who are obese or overweight due to genetics should be seen as victims.

And being overweight / obese due to genetics doesn't necessarily mean you can't lose weight. I think it's pointless to see obese people as victims - not because I don't think they're deserving of sympathy, but because it's not constructive. The last thing an obese (or overweight) person wants to hear is "oh, poor you, there there". Most of them just want to be treated normally, I would have thought.
I agree with that, I don't know what I was thinking when she said sympathy I was thinking more along the lines of: "oh well sucks to be you" or something like that.

And a lot of the times losing weight isn't as easy when it's genetically inherited...
Sergey Lazarev.
Always Born a Crime
Sergey Lazarev.
July 26th, 2010 at 02:46pm
I have the kind where the obesity is genetically inherited...it's hard to lose weight. I've been standing on 81.8 kg for 2 months now. And I'm eating more. It's hard to stop eating...
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
July 26th, 2010 at 07:39pm
Well, sometimes obesity is inherited, like I know this one kid who is heavy but if he exercised he would die. So at some points you can't really help it. But even if it is from eating, it doesn't really disgust me. But it is hard to lose weight...
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
July 27th, 2010 at 12:27am
murder tramp;:
Well, sometimes obesity is inherited, like I know this one kid who is heavy but if he exercised he would die. So at some points you can't really help it. But even if it is from eating, it doesn't really disgust me. But it is hard to lose weight...
Excuse my ignorance, I'm genuinely curious. What is the exact condition he has, that if he were to exercise he'd die?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
July 27th, 2010 at 09:59am
I'm not sure of the name, but I know his father died of it in 2006.