Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard's injured voice and canceled shows.

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 4th, 2010 at 06:03pm
Hello Friends,

I got some good news and I got some bad news....while in the studio recently, Gerard started having some problems with his voice. At first we weren't too concerned about it and thought it would pass, as these things usually do, but the longer it went on the more worried we all got so he went to see the doctor. The good news is he's getting the best treatment possible and is going to make a full recovery, trust me we couldn't be more relieved. The bad news is it's not gonna go away overnight and we have to do what we hate doing most, cancel shows.

When we started this band all we ever wanted to do was write songs that meant something to us and play them live for as many people as we possibly could, and now in our old age all we want is exactly the same thing... and thats why canceling shows kills us so much, playing for people is what we live for. Your off-time applause, your beautiful dirty faces, your raw energy, and your wretched little voices singing our lyrics back to us fuel our fire, you make us feel alive, and we love every single one of you for that.

So know that as excited as you guys were to see us, we were even more excited to see you. But in order to make sure that we can continue to create music and play it live for all of you for a long time to come we need to give G the time he needs to heal.

We are incredibly sorry for bumming anyone out by canceling, and we hope you find it in your hearts to understand. We promise we will be back in Australia to make it up to you guys/gals as soon as possible. We miss you.

Until we meet again, xofrank

P.S. Please send all angry letters to:

Gerard Way's Throat
666 Coffee and Cigarettes Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Please visit http://www.soundwavefestival.com for further information.
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
February 4th, 2010 at 06:08pm
Oh, that's so unfortunate for the people going to see them on Soundwave. Cheese It happens to the best of 'em, vocal problems. I'm happy that he's going to make a full recovery and be back up to par eventually, though.

Also, if it wasn't clear, this is Frank's blog post on the main site.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 4th, 2010 at 07:29pm
Just read this. Rather upset by it. THe poor guy doesn't deserve this.

I hope he's okay. I really, really, hope he is. D:
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
February 4th, 2010 at 08:05pm
Aw I hope he's okay.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 4th, 2010 at 11:04pm
la cerise:
thank you verymuch, I forgot to source it (obv.)
m.i.y.A.a
Killjoy
m.i.y.A.a
February 4th, 2010 at 11:09pm
hope Gerard get well soon..
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
February 4th, 2010 at 11:58pm
I really hope he'll be okay. <3 I'm disappointed, and cried a lot (I did spend 2K to fly from Singapore to Melbourne & Sydney to catch (mostly) them) but Frank's blog made up for it. And we ALL know they won't cancel shows unless they reeeeally need to. Get well soon!
Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
February 5th, 2010 at 12:17pm
I really hope he gets better soon <3
That's so unfortunate for those people who were going to see them at Soundwave, I really feel for those people.
I thought that was a lovely message from Frank though. Love that guy <3
quick_fixes
Jazz Hands
quick_fixes
February 5th, 2010 at 06:38pm
Oh man, that sucks for gerard and the band, and the australian fans are fucking bummed I bet Sad love the address though haha gotta love Frank
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
February 5th, 2010 at 07:30pm
I hate it when they get ill, it concerns me sometimes because going on tour and the amount of stress of having a band and starting a family is enough for him to deal with without being ill. But he'll pull through, he always does. It's too bad they had to cancel shows but they atleast explained and have a legit excuse. I hate it when bands cancel for no goddamn reason or can't atleast give a hint why they did it.
Hope he gets better soon and I send my love.
Also, Frank never fails to make me smile, even when he's talking about a shitty topic. Atleast someone brings out the light from dark situations.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
February 5th, 2010 at 09:59pm
Aw man, it seems like these guys have such bad luck sometimes. We all know how much they hate canceling shows. I really hope his voice gets back to normal. That was a nice note from Frank though, and the address cracked me up xD Get well soon Gee!
fiyahfiyah
Killjoy
fiyahfiyah
February 7th, 2010 at 01:26pm
he isn't injured...its all a big lie. they cancelled for other reasons that will come out later. dont trust these "idols" of yours. they are the furthest thing from idols. and you can choose to not believe me, but just wait. you will all know the truth sooner or later.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
February 7th, 2010 at 02:05pm
Troll?

Anyway, I really hope he recovers fast. I feel so sorry for all the fans that planned to see them.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 7th, 2010 at 02:42pm
fiyahfiyah:
he isn't injured...its all a big lie. they cancelled for other reasons that will come out later. dont trust these "idols" of yours. they are the furthest thing from idols. and you can choose to not believe me, but just wait. you will all know the truth sooner or later.
~conspiracyyyyyyyy. that's cute. thanks for the warning. proof or it never happened.
fiyahfiyah
Killjoy
fiyahfiyah
February 7th, 2010 at 06:28pm
there will be proof but not too soon. it could take awhile before it shows its head. and when it does peoples heads are going to roll.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 7th, 2010 at 06:36pm
fiyahfiyah:
there will be proof but not too soon. it could take awhile before it shows its head. and when it does peoples heads are going to roll.

wtf?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 7th, 2010 at 06:46pm
fiyahfiyah:
I love the oh-wonderous prophecy you speak of. Does it involve Frank giving birth to a baby with a footchest too? Is it really genetic? You will all find out soon on ~Days of MCR's Lives.

Seriously if you're not going to give proof to anything, nobody is going to take you seriously (as shown by the lame text above by me). If you have no proof, and have no intention of telling, then get out and stop posting secretive little messages that hold little value to the conversation. Rolling Eyes If it's going to be shown ~not to soon, they most likely would have seen it coming and not lied about it. If your little hints turn out to be true, then I'll eat my words. Until then, there is no proof in the pudding and the cake is a lie. And nobody will be decapitated.
Jenny.
Jenny.
February 7th, 2010 at 07:51pm
Oh man, I miss footchest.
/spamsorry
Jenny.
Jenny.
February 7th, 2010 at 07:52pm
fiyahfiyah:

who's getting murdered now?
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
February 7th, 2010 at 09:38pm
Oh MCR; trolling conspiracy theorists make you the band you are~~

Anyway, Gabriel Ba tweeted that "Gerard is fine, by the way", so that's good news.