Don't have an account? Create one!

Gerard's injured voice and canceled shows.

AuthorMessage
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 7th, 2010 at 09:54pm
Oh Gabriel Ba, I thought you were a good man. How dare you become part of MCR's twisted, insensitive ways of lies and deceit!!!

just kidding. kind of

So it wasn't clear, did he need a surgery or do you guys think he's just taking meds? Anybody an expert?
la cerise
Bulletproof Heart
la cerise
February 7th, 2010 at 09:57pm
I assumed that he was just taking medication, I never got the impression that Gerard needed surgery or anything that kind of drastic. Then again, our boys are kind of workaholics to the point where they don't really pay attention to their health. Rolling Eyes xD

Definitely glad that he's on his way back to full recovery, or that he's already reached that point. (: Thanks for the info, Gabriel.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 8th, 2010 at 04:40pm
I hope to god he doesn't need surgery. I'll be so worried for him. Poor guy. Im sure Lindsays a bit upset.
Perhaps Bandits helping him out. >< Aww.

...I also wish he didnt have to be on Meds. In a sad way, I just dont trust him with taking medication.

...Dont look at me like that. Its just my opinion. Im not being drastic. I'm not flippin' out. I know hes a responsible adult...but y'know. It happened once.

MY POINT IS. I just hop he gets better and whatevers helping him acctually fucking works.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 8th, 2010 at 04:53pm
I doubt he needs surgery, I think Frank would have hinted at it. Gerard didn't have any medical problems before, and I doubt what they're giving him involves high dosage pain killers. It's probably something to help the crap going on in his throat and stuff.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 8th, 2010 at 10:46pm
He isn't having surgery.

Just saying, I think a few people are being a bit overdramatic. He's not gravely ill. He's having problems hitting the right notes is all. That's what happens to singers who smoke. It affects some sooner or worse than others. I hope, for his sake, it's motivation enough to quit.

This coming from an Aussie who had tickets to see them. I don't mind. I'd rather they come back when he can actually sing well.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 8th, 2010 at 10:48pm
Double post, ignore.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 8th, 2010 at 11:05pm
I was just asking because some throat issues require a surgery of some sort, so I was curious. I wasn't asking because I thought he was dying of the plague or something. It doesn't specifically say in the blog what the issues were, so obviously some people (such as myself) will wonder. I'm not crying myself to sleep over it.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
February 9th, 2010 at 03:07am
I wasn't referring to you, just so you know.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 9th, 2010 at 01:32pm
Even minor throat issues can involve some kind of surgery. You can't rule it out. I mean, I'm sure he'll be fine but at the same time it isn't uncommon for singers to need procedures like that sometimes.

Also, I think he'll be fine with the meds. I mean, he has a baby and a wife now. It's not 2002 anymore.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 9th, 2010 at 06:08pm
The Rumor: True.

I kind of regret what I say now, honestly.
I'm sorry. I just worry, a bit too much.

Im glad they changed their website so they can blog - could you imagine if we never found out, becasue of that? D:
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 9th, 2010 at 06:26pm
Well it is their life, their choice to tell us or not tell us... it would have probably been announced without the blogs if they didn't have them.

I'll say what I said in the PLOTB constantly: They don't have to tell us anything at all. It's their choice, they aren't obliged to post every major detail of their life.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 9th, 2010 at 08:12pm
Lycia: I know.

I just get a bit concerned about the boys.
...I suppose thats why I keep spammin' this topic. Im just antsy. I just want him to be better. XD

The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
February 10th, 2010 at 05:46pm
We would have known because it's also posted on the Soundwave site.
x..touching_hands..x
Really Not Okay
x..touching_hands..x
February 15th, 2010 at 11:36am
I suspect (as a classically trained singer) that it is vocal strain and has nothing to do with smoking, and does not require surgery. Unfortunately, vocal strain does mean that complete vocal rest is needed, but it rarely has any lasting effects as long as that rest is taken. Chances are, the 'treatment' he's getting is plenty of orange juice, water and sleep. It's not serious, and should completely clear up in a short amount of time.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
February 15th, 2010 at 11:47pm
I was waiting for the new conspiracies to come along. I can say I'm not disappointed, Frankie may be putting a little special wonder out into the world.

I doubt Gerard needs surgery, just rest. He's in his 30's, a heavy smoker and from what I've read from articles about the new album he's screaming a lot through out it. Apparently that kinda shenanigans can really affect some dude's throat, especially if he has an accent.......and a pot laugh.

Our little boys OK, he just needs some good rest, so leave him to his comic books, Star Wars figurines and chicken noodle soup and just send good thoughts his way.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
February 16th, 2010 at 05:31pm
My Dear Delirious:
I was waiting for the new conspiracies to come along. I can say I'm not disappointed, Frankie may be putting a little special wonder out into the world.

I doubt Gerard needs surgery, just rest. He's in his 30's, a heavy smoker and from what I've read from articles about the new album he's screaming a lot through out it. Apparently that kinda shenanigans can really affect some dude's throat, especially if he has an accent.......and a pot laugh.

Our little boys OK, he just needs some good rest, so leave him to his comic books, Star Wars figurines and chicken noodle soup and just send good thoughts his way.

This. So much. XD if you dont mind me quoting.
Last.Night.On.Earth
Bleeding on the Floor
Last.Night.On.Earth
February 18th, 2010 at 06:34am
What happened to the fact that he said he was giving up smoking? Guess that was a lie. *rolls eyes* lol
xxx
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 18th, 2010 at 11:54am
What's-in-a-name?:
What happened to the fact that he said he was giving up smoking? Guess that was a lie. *rolls eyes* lol
xxx
It probably wasn't a lie, he most likely tried and gave up
geradsredskittle666
Really Not Okay
geradsredskittle666
February 20th, 2010 at 01:59am
Oh now I know why MCR pulled out of Soundwave! Poor Gerard...I hope he gets better!
I'm going to enjoy myself at Sydney Soundwave anyway even though the reason I was going has puled out.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 20th, 2010 at 10:31am
geradsredskittle666:
Oh now I know why MCR pulled out of Soundwave! Poor Gerard...I hope he gets better!
I'm going to enjoy myself at Sydney Soundwave anyway even though the reason I was going has puled out.
Watch Taking Back Sunday for me!!!

/sorryforthespam

It's such a shame they had to cancel, it's their first set of shows in a while