Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
November 20th, 2010 at 11:39pm
I think everyone should be concerned about Gerard starting to drink again. As he said in LOTMS and many an interview, drinking doesn't work for him. He's an alcoholic and always will be. In that interview he said sobriety was so important to everyone but him. That's not a good sign at all. Everyone probably cared because he almost died the last time. It didn't work out well the first time so what is he expecting? Honestly, I'd be worried for his marriage and the future of the band. Right now it may be an "occassional drink" but that can easily turn into pounding tons of beer before a show just like before.

But, everyone is right. It's his decision and it's not for us to judge. He's a grown man and he can do what he wants. If I were him, I wouldn't even risk it though especially being newly married and having a baby girl. It just wouldn't be fair to even risk it. I really hope he's careful.
Mikey's_Glasses
Banned
Mikey's_Glasses
November 21st, 2010 at 06:17am
i wish we could just move on....
My Name Is Mok
Joining The Black Parade
My Name Is Mok
November 21st, 2010 at 02:57pm
mikey's_glasses:
i wish we could just move on....

This, news is now old hat. New Rumor plz. File
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
November 21st, 2010 at 07:38pm
For anyone not convinced on the Iero baby names...
http://twitter.com/FrankIero/status/6486136180449280

P.s. I don't care he's drinking. He's a big boy and he can do what the fuck he likes.
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
November 21st, 2010 at 08:22pm
x..touching_hands..x:
punkchick18:
I still feel somethings not right , but that is just me and my opinion and i can't demand people agree with me cause i wouldn't want them to , i guess the comments that hurt the most were the one's where he said he thought if he wrote an album it would give the world hope and the world punched him in the face , correction the press punched him in the face , us fans well i found a lot of strength and hope in TBP and so did millons of other fans and i do wish they could realise that , saying this i got the impression from Gerard that the whole press thing didn't bother him as he had said in an interview he didn't take it personally but was more upset for the fans but then in a recent interview Ray was talking about how hard Gerard had took it especially when hannah bond killed herself , i was thinking to myself how can that not affect someone , it seems to me that Gerard presents himself as incredibly strong when he really is human , i mean his not superman , another interview in Kerrang made me get the same impression when ray said that Gerard kept ringing him saying he didn't know what to do with his life , ray even went as far to say that Gerard was very heartsick by the madison square garden show . This is whats been partly annoying me , Gerard puts this massive front on as if he really was not that bothered by it and cracks jokes and makes fun of it in an almost defensive manner and it doesn't make him look very good , where as the message i'm getting from ray is that Gerard was torn to pieces by the time they'd finished which helps me understand and sympathise with the fact that he just wants to get away from it all . When i think about the time i was very bad with depression and sucidal every single day i don't look back on it and laugh and think " for godsake girl you should have got a grip" because that was a part of my life and i don't hang onto it but i have excepted that that is what happened and it helps me to think " well i'm much better now " and its good cause if i'm slipping back into the habit of sitting around and not doing anything and feeling low i think " right get of your backside and do something" it helps me to control and watch out for that destructive pattern , with G all i've heard him do is make fun about how he was when he was younger , i mean don't deny your past , the trouble is you go through the bad time and then you come out the other end and then when you hear other people saying " i hate my life" or "i wanna die" you think oh for gods sake get a grip , but you have to remind yourself that just because your better it doesn't mean they are , i feel thats gerards main problem at the moment .

I understand what you feel, but you have to understand that sometimes people have taken too much of a kicking to be baring their soul to the entire world. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you were accused of being responsible for mass suicides it would burn you, no matter how much you tried to ignore it. He's trying to remove himself from having to be responsible for thousands of people because past events really pushed that weight on him. The fact that he is joking and taking the piss out of himself only shows how defensive he feels he has to be. I don't think he's trying to belittle the fans' experiences. Look how much effort he has put into involving us is the new album. He's trying to connect with us in a more positive way and I think that rather than trying to do our best impression of the people that ripped into them in the first place, we should try and understand that he's human and hurts and says stupid things and acts like an idiot sometimes, and it's fine, just like it's fine for anyone else.

He's said pretty clearly that he put his heart and soul into The Black Parade and thought the message was clear and yet events have shown otherwise. If that was me, I'd be hurt, I'd be angry and I'd be embarrassed and I'd be kicking myself a little bit. But I would only have to do it in the privacy of my own room.

If he is a saviour to you, that's amazing, truly. But we can't ask him to be that all the time for everyone, it's not possible. We can appreciate all the wonderful things that he is and this band are, however. I bet that he would prefer.

Yeah when you put it like that it does seem right , i worry too much , right i'm over it Smile
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 23rd, 2010 at 12:23pm
MCR might be doing bamboozle this year. They're starting to release clues about it and they said they have 3 godly bands playing. I mean some of you may not view them as godly but I think they're that huge to be considered godly.
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
November 23rd, 2010 at 05:35pm
Hate to bring this up again but did anyone notice that Gerard looked kind of fucked up at the record release show in LA that MTV broadcasted? He didn't talk much either which could be because maybe they didn't have enough time or something but he just didn't seem like himself. It was a good show and performance but his eyes just looked kind of fucked up...I'm starting to worry about that dude.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
November 23rd, 2010 at 06:07pm
Nah, I noticed, but they just look really tired. If he was drunk, he'd be slurring his words and stumbling around which he wasn't. Plus he got progressively worse during the show and was fine at the beginning, so that tells me he's just pooped.

Seriously, I don't think we have anything to worry about, the guy's fine. He's happy and doesn't need the crux anymore. If he has a drink, it's not to get fucked up and numb himself. We've talked enough about his drinking on here.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
November 23rd, 2010 at 06:51pm
CrypticDrummer:
Hate to bring this up again but did anyone notice that Gerard looked kind of fucked up at the record release show in LA that MTV broadcasted? He didn't talk much either which could be because maybe they didn't have enough time or something but he just didn't seem like himself. It was a good show and performance but his eyes just looked kind of fucked up...I'm starting to worry about that dude.
None of them seemed themselves except Ray, tbqh. It wasn't just Gerard.
DESTROYA.
Killjoy
DESTROYA.
November 23rd, 2010 at 07:29pm
fabulous killjoy.:
CrypticDrummer:
Yep, totally agree.
I think it's a bit quick to jump to the conclusion about G's drinking, I mean, they're all grown up now, Frank and Gerard have kids. It's probably them just missing their families. I mean look at them on Jimmy Kimmel.. at about 2:06 you vaguely see pictures of Cherry and Lily on Frank's amp.
I do agree with the general consensus, there really isn't anything to worry about.
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
November 24th, 2010 at 12:11am
Their families were with them at the release show (well, maybe Frank's wife and kids weren't at the place, but they were in LA with him, it was said in an interview yesterday).
I saw nothing weird with any of them and I'm sure they were given a certain -short- time to play (most probably cause of MTV's live stream) so Gerard couldn't talk much. One of the interviews that same day of the show was at 8am, and there were a lot of interviews that day so of course they were tired. Stop assuming stuff or worrying without a solid reason, people, 'cause then you start paying TOO much attention and seeing things that don't exist just because you're worried. It happens. As someone said, we've known drunk!Gerard...and I haven't seen him in YEARS.
beaker;
Ghostbuster Famous
beaker;
November 24th, 2010 at 10:32am
fabulous killjoy.:

New rumor: Ray's hair stole everyone's energy during the show to power his guitar solos
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
November 24th, 2010 at 09:27pm
Yekith:
Their families were with them at the release show (well, maybe Frank's wife and kids weren't at the place, but they were in LA with him, it was said in an interview yesterday).
I saw nothing weird with any of them and I'm sure they were given a certain -short- time to play (most probably cause of MTV's live stream) so Gerard couldn't talk much. One of the interviews that same day of the show was at 8am, and there were a lot of interviews that day so of course they were tired. Stop assuming stuff or worrying without a solid reason, people, 'cause then you start paying TOO much attention and seeing things that don't exist just because you're worried. It happens. As someone said, we've known drunk!Gerard...and I haven't seen him in YEARS.

I agree completely.

They were VERY busy that day, it seemed like a new interview was posted every five seconds. If I were them, I'd be pretty tired, too.

And I heard from -reliable source- that Gerard's been drinking since before Danger Days began, which most likely means end of 2009 or beginning of 2010 and we still have not seen drunk!Gerard so I wouldn't worry too much. I know he has it under control.

Even if you don't believe me about the source, it is kind of obvious. It's not like he's been drinking again right when that interview was taken.
My Name Is Mok
Joining The Black Parade
My Name Is Mok
November 25th, 2010 at 01:58am
I think there are two possibilities for the slight "off"ness of the record release show.

1. Exhuastion, 'member, Gee and Frank have YOUNG kids, probably aren't getting much sleep to be honest. Kids don't typically start sleeping through the night till 3-4.

2. they could sitll be getting use to not having Bob around, I mean, I know they've played more than a few shows without him, but I'm sure it's a big adjustment.
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
November 25th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Well i don't think the band have seemed themselves since they've come back , especially G when his on stage , but i watched an interview with them earlier in the day and they were fine , g was chatting along as normal and they were all having a laugh , when it comes to Gerard i think he just needs to build his confidence up on stage a bit , its like he sort of lets go but then he pulls himself back , i mean think about it on TBP the band played these characters and G in paticular had this crazy role to play and now with this album there just MCR thats it , no characters so it would be understandable for them to be nervous cause in a way they've got to learn to be just MCR again , not to mention the fact that Gerards human and he has every reason to be scared of performing in front of people again , backstage at jimmy kimmel G looked terrified and unfortunately he has seemed that way , in this weeks kerrang they did an article where a journalist was backstage at the london show and said how ray was talking away all cheerful , frank was making some food for himself and he seemed quite happy , mikey was quite content walking around plucking at his bass , but Gerard however looked very worried and terrified and by what he said to them its like it hit him " Its not that i'm worried ... ( he trails of) oh my god i've got to perform in an hour " and in the meet and greet he totally retreated and said " did you see me in there , usually i enjoy meet and greets,i was dead behind the eyes in there" . I have to say considering the band have so much faith in this album and they love it so much i'm really not feeling the confidence they had with Three cheers for sweet revenge and The Black Parade , i mean ok so its a different album which apparently is not "concept" so its a new path for them but i still feel somethings not right . I just hope that the band especially Gerard finds there confidence and that spark they have always had again and i can actually feel comfortable watching them cause at the moment i feel very uncomfortable watching them , i do understand its probably going to take sometime , these guys aren't superhero's as i said there only human , in a way istill feel that frank and ray are there oldselves i don't feel they've changed much and i don't really feel mikeys changed that much either but Gerard ( shrugs shoulders) , i think the whole thing that happened with The black parade and how the british press attacked it and pretty much accused him of making kids want to kill themselves has affected him more than he lets on .
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
November 25th, 2010 at 10:54pm
punkchick18:
Well i don't think the band have seemed themselves since they've come back , especially G when his on stage , but i watched an interview with them earlier in the day and they were fine , g was chatting along as normal and they were all having a laugh , when it comes to Gerard i think he just needs to build his confidence up on stage a bit , its like he sort of lets go but then he pulls himself back , i mean think about it on TBP the band played these characters and G in paticular had this crazy role to play and now with this album there just MCR thats it , no characters so it would be understandable for them to be nervous cause in a way they've got to learn to be just MCR again , not to mention the fact that Gerards human and he has every reason to be scared of performing in front of people again , backstage at jimmy kimmel G looked terrified and unfortunately he has seemed that way , in this weeks kerrang they did an article where a journalist was backstage at the london show and said how ray was talking away all cheerful , frank was making some food for himself and he seemed quite happy , mikey was quite content walking around plucking at his bass , but Gerard however looked very worried and terrified and by what he said to them its like it hit him " Its not that i'm worried ... ( he trails of) oh my god i've got to perform in an hour " and in the meet and greet he totally retreated and said " did you see me in there , usually i enjoy meet and greets,i was dead behind the eyes in there" . I have to say considering the band have so much faith in this album and they love it so much i'm really not feeling the confidence they had with Three cheers for sweet revenge and The Black Parade , i mean ok so its a different album which apparently is not "concept" so its a new path for them but i still feel somethings not right . I just hope that the band especially Gerard finds there confidence and that spark they have always had again and i can actually feel comfortable watching them cause at the moment i feel very uncomfortable watching them , i do understand its probably going to take sometime , these guys aren't superhero's as i said there only human , in a way istill feel that frank and ray are there oldselves i don't feel they've changed much and i don't really feel mikeys changed that much either but Gerard ( shrugs shoulders) , i think the whole thing that happened with The black parade and how the british press attacked it and pretty much accused him of making kids want to kill themselves has affected him more than he lets on .

yeah well they have changed a lot,
no one is ever gonna stay the same
hell, i'm a completely different person than i was in june of this year
i can't imagine how much they've changed in two years

but i think gerard is a bit more confident than he was before,
because before he never showed any skin or whatever
and now he wears practically a pillow as a shirt?
yeah...

but i do agree with you about the press thing
because in kerrang in october you could infer that it affected him
but now he's saying that he didn't

but still, i don't think there's anything to worry about
he's fine
spend4zen
Killjoy
spend4zen
November 26th, 2010 at 12:20pm
I noticed in all the interviews that Gee is not talking as much, I think it has to do more with him trying to not dominate every interview like he use to and let some of the other guys say something, and trying to preserve his voice a little. I don't think anything is actually wrong, as far as the drinking go's, I am about the same age as Gee and went through the drinking problem, I am an alcoholic, I am able to drink a few drinks, or get drunk for that matter now and again, and then just leave it and not touch it for another 6 months, it can happen that way.
punkchick18
Killjoy
punkchick18
November 26th, 2010 at 09:02pm
spend4zen:
I noticed in all the interviews that Gee is not talking as much, I think it has to do more with him trying to not dominate every interview like he use to and let some of the other guys say something, and trying to preserve his voice a little. I don't think anything is actually wrong, as far as the drinking go's, I am about the same age as Gee and went through the drinking problem, I am an alcoholic, I am able to drink a few drinks, or get drunk for that matter now and again, and then just leave it and not touch it for another 6 months, it can happen that way.

You see thsts just it , i'm not an alcoholic so i don't really know much about alcoholism , it seems there's the kind who can have a thew drinks or get drunk and be ok and some who can NEVER touch alcohol ever again and if they do it just gets out of control, maybe its the difference between it being genetic , i tend to find that alcoholics who have a history of alcoholics in the family are just addicts and thats it , its just there nature and they can't touch alcohol because one beer turns into two beers and then before they know it it turns into a crate everyday , alcoholics who don't have a history tend to be the ones i find that don't have so much of a problem and can drink again , its kinda interesting actually , well i find it interesting .
stxrlesseyes
Always Born a Crime
stxrlesseyes
December 2nd, 2010 at 08:11pm

i suppose it's no longer a rumor?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
December 2nd, 2010 at 08:50pm
stxrlesseyes.:
[im g]http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lct7mie1151qzt48xo1_500.png[/img]

i suppose it's no longer a rumor?
Gerard said in Spin Magazine he was drinking again.