January 28th, 2011 at 11:06pm
Party_Chemicals:
Because Gerard said he can't remember the lyrics and he hates the song now XD

Where did he say this? Link please? :O
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 29th, 2011 at 03:50am
Yeah, Gerard have said he hates that song and would never ever play it again. I agree, it sucks. xD
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
January 29th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Lovesick Melody.:
Party_Chemicals:
Because Gerard said he can't remember the lyrics and he hates the song now XD

Where did he say this? Link please? :O

I've searched for the interview, but it's so specific that it's not showing up anywhere Sad I know it's from TBP era, but that's not much help. The only thing I could find was this from a Gerard Way quote site.

"CUBICLES, WE WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN. IT MAKES NO SENSE, MUSICALLY AND LYRICALLY. IT’S PROBABLY MY MOST EMBARRASSING LYRICS."
Yekith
Jazz Hands
Yekith
January 29th, 2011 at 06:24pm
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was from the TBP era when asked about which old song they'd never play again or didn't like anymore, but there were so many interview than no way I'd remember which one.

Oh an exclude Drowning Lessons too, they've recently said that song's cursed and something bad has always happened when they played it and they could never played the whole song right. Razz

And Honey, Headfirst and Sorrows cause they've played them on the last/current tour. they've also played little bits of Vampires on the last tour, dunno if that counts.

So...what they'll play now is among: Skylines and Turnstiles, Early Sunsets. This is the Best Day Ever and Demolition Lovers.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 30th, 2011 at 07:48am

Just a question, did Bob get 'dismissed' or did he leave?
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
January 30th, 2011 at 08:00am
^ No one knows the real reason he left, but I think it was a decision agreed upon by both parties, from what I've read.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
January 30th, 2011 at 08:10am

That's what I assumed too. It's just that this article keeps using the word 'dismissal' which makes me think he was fired/kicked out. Meh, may just be my interpretation of words.
M.I.
Killjoy
M.I.
January 30th, 2011 at 09:37pm
Lol I dont find anything wrong with Cubicles. I actually like tha songs. It was also the most straightforward song of that era in my opinion. I could see why he says it's embarassing though lol.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
January 31st, 2011 at 08:34am
Lovesick Melody.:

That's what I assumed too. It's just that this article keeps using the word 'dismissal' which makes me think he was fired/kicked out. Meh, may just be my interpretation of words.

It might be worth pointing out that that was the writer's choice of word, not actually a quote. I don't think we'll ever know what actually happened, only tiny bits and pieces.
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
February 9th, 2011 at 12:33pm
Lovesick Melody.:

i thought this should answer:

On why Bob Bryar left My Chemical Romance:

It takes a lot of fearlessness — or recklessness — to abandon a project you’ve been working on for more than a year, and apparently not everyone was on board. Four days into the band’s sessions with [producer, Rob] Cavallo, it was decided that drummer Bob Bryar would leave the group. The band won’t go into specifics. (“There’s legal stuff going on,” Toro says.)
“It quickly became apparent that [Bryar] was obstructing their creative process,” Cavallo says. “It was a sad thing, but he was throwing water on their fire.”
“There were great reasons we were together for five years, and you don’t want to forget those,” says Iero. “But you can’t be in an artistic-driven band with a person who doesn’t love creating.”

“Pandamonium!” by Jeff Eells, Spin December 2010

-----
anyway, i heard my chem might release a full length for mad gear by the end of the year.
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
February 9th, 2011 at 04:37pm
darenmay:
Lovesick Melody.:

i thought this should answer:

On why Bob Bryar left My Chemical Romance:

It takes a lot of fearlessness — or recklessness — to abandon a project you’ve been working on for more than a year, and apparently not everyone was on board. Four days into the band’s sessions with [producer, Rob] Cavallo, it was decided that drummer Bob Bryar would leave the group. The band won’t go into specifics. (“There’s legal stuff going on,” Toro says.)
“It quickly became apparent that [Bryar] was obstructing their creative process,” Cavallo says. “It was a sad thing, but he was throwing water on their fire.”
“There were great reasons we were together for five years, and you don’t want to forget those,” says Iero. “But you can’t be in an artistic-driven band with a person who doesn’t love creating.”

“Pandamonium!” by Jeff Eells, Spin December 2010

-----
anyway, i heard my chem might release a full length for mad gear by the end of the year.

I'd "obstruct the creative process" too if people in my band started telling me how to play my instrument and then tried to replace me with drum loops and a drum machine. Just saying.

I'm not willing to believe anything anyone from MCR says about Bob because the reality is they don't have a great track record with drummers. First they kick out Matt for no fucking reason when Gerard was the one who should have been kicked out for being drunk all the time and on drugs, not a drummer who they weren't even willing to work with to learn how to play with a click or whatever excuse they gave. I know there were rumors that Ray fought with Bob a lot about what drum parts he should play during the making of The Black Parade. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again this time and Bob just said fuck it.

No matter what Pedicone does, he'll never be able to nail Welcome To The Black Parade or any songs off The Black Parade for that matter. He's a decent drummer but he doesn't have the precision Bob had. But hey, Bob is a class act and doesn't go around talking shit about people. If I were him I'd sure be reaming their asses.
desert skies.
Shotgun Sinner
desert skies.
February 9th, 2011 at 05:08pm
So I've heard Glee is also using Teenagers? If it's true, I personally don't know how they would accomplish it.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 9th, 2011 at 07:54pm
darenmay:
I don't think it's set in stone, but they've said they wanted to.
CrypticDrummer:
I'd "obstruct the creative process" too if people in my band started telling me how to play my instrument and then tried to replace me with drum loops and a drum machine. Just saying.

I'm not willing to believe anything anyone from MCR says about Bob because the reality is they don't have a great track record with drummers. First they kick out Matt for no fucking reason when Gerard was the one who should have been kicked out for being drunk all the time and on drugs, not a drummer who they weren't even willing to work with to learn how to play with a click or whatever excuse they gave. I know there were rumors that Ray fought with Bob a lot about what drum parts he should play during the making of The Black Parade. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened again this time and Bob just said fuck it.

No matter what Pedicone does, he'll never be able to nail Welcome To The Black Parade or any songs off The Black Parade for that matter. He's a decent drummer but he doesn't have the precision Bob had. But hey, Bob is a class act and doesn't go around talking shit about people. If I were him I'd sure be reaming their asses.
You don't know if they were telling him what to do or if they were "replacing" him with drum loops and machines.

They've lost 2 drummers. 2. In an almost ten year period. It's not like they had 5 zillion drummers.

Ray has said numerous times why they kicked Matt out. And regarding Ray's rumored fighting with Bob during The Black Parade? They all fought during TBP, they said it was a shitty time for all of them. Don't believe them, irdc, but you're passing rumor off for fact, not just with this one statement.

idg why poor Pedicone gets the shit every single time. He's not trying to be Bob, he's trying to do what he loves. He's never said he was trying to be the "replacement Bob Bryar." He joined the band at the request of the band, he didn't secretly sit in the corner and cause fights between Bob and them, biding time until they kicked Bob out so he could replace him. He doesn't have the same drumming style as Bob, and he isn't trying to have the same style as Bob did. Why should he?

What if the reason why Bob didn't want to play Bullets Era songs was because he "didn't have the passion for them." It's kind of obvious he didn't want to play those songs, and it's been implied he didn't like playing them. Why aren't you giving him the same treatment then? Bob and Matt were totally different drummers, why not pick on that? edit; i misread precision as passion, but I'm pretty sure you've said Pedicone doesn't have the passion previously. Or I could just have a special dyslexia for the word precision...

If they kicked Gerard out, you wouldn't have Bob. They wouldn't have made it without Gerard, no matter how individually talented they are. I mean this not in the fangirl way, but as probability. Gerard has the rare talent of being a frontman. You can sing the best but if you're not as theatrical and enigmatic, nobody gives a shit. Kicking out the lead singer who was the thing that set the band apart from every other band would have been the most stupid idea possible at that stage. Like him or not, asshole or not, diva or not: Gerard has a voice that sets him apart from the bands who sound the same. Obviously he wouldn't be the one to go, and they were ALL getting drunk and high on drugs at one point. Following your logic, they should all be gone

They aren't talking shit either, they haven't talked shit not once about him and have obviously made sure of it.
desert skies.:
So I've heard Glee is also using Teenagers? If it's true, I personally don't know how they would accomplish it.
Where'd you hear this?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 11th, 2011 at 08:47am
They aren't doing Teenagers. They released the official covers and the only MCR one is

Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
February 11th, 2011 at 09:17am
Cool! Plus it wouldn't really make much sense for them to do Teenagers.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
February 12th, 2011 at 01:44am
fabulous killjoy: amen. to all of that. especially the ending.

they've always been a band that hasn't broadcasted thier personal lives and that is one of the reasons why i highly respect them. aka we'll never really know what ever happened. bob is extremely talented, i absolutely agree. but i also must add, he seems to have a different personality than gerard, mikey, frank, and ray, which always kind of worried me a tad bit. he seemed more 'tough/in your face' so to speak, for lack of better adjective, less....kind of creatively imaginative/off in his own little place? like the rest. he also came off as very stubborn at times, and i am not trying to bash him for that whatsoever, as i am myself. and that isn't always a bad quality, but if he didn't want to do something, he wasn't going to do it. that might be a contributing factor that led up to this disagreement that took place between the 5 of them.
it almost kind of sounds like it would have to be somehow.
idk. though it really REALLY is a shame to see him gone, i guess everything happens for a reason...
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
February 26th, 2011 at 11:08am
On the topic of Bob leaving, Ray speaks about it here:

http://www.mychemicalromanceforum.com/mcrf/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23976

I think we can speculate all we want, but at the end of the day it's only the five of them who will ever really know what happened. I'm so sad he's gone, but this is life, shit happens, people grow apart. I know what ^ you meant about him being more stubborn and 'in your face' than the rest of the guys, but don't see that causing any problems. Think back to LOTMS...they all got along really well. OKAY so that was years ago, but he was still as different as the others back then. It's an interesting point, though, but I can only imagine it will have been a problem with the music, not personalities. Our guys are good guys. We know that.

And a full length Mad Gear record??? I'm positively drooling. Can anyone confirm where they talked about this? Excuse me while I punch the air repeatedly.
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
February 26th, 2011 at 03:28pm
Evil_Alice:
I know what ^ you meant about him being more stubborn and 'in your face' than the rest of the guys, but don't see that causing any problems.

oh! no. i didn't mean it would cause issues, there's different personalities in every group of friends you'll find, i think it's almost a necessity sometimes....some people have more dominant personalities than others, he was one of those people, i think. and that's all fine and dandy. i just meant that when it came to agreeing on things with this past record, i can see him getting frustrated more easily if everyone was kind of leaning in the other direction....which could have led to what has happened. no idea.

i still do miss him though, it hasn't quite been the same.
he had a certain sound that made them, them
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
February 27th, 2011 at 08:58am
^ Right, yeah, I see. Smile I miss him too - but I missed Matt more as he helped create two of their best albums. <3
Evil_Alice
Motor Baby
Evil_Alice
March 4th, 2011 at 09:50am
Anyone got any news?