Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 1st, 2010 at 11:28pm
Well, I can. Just the tone I automatically read it in seemed aggressive, but I guess it could be either way. I actually believe he said this seriously. I don't really know why, but I kind of do. I think fame changes people, whether you want it to or not. Sometimes it can make people arrogant, sometimes it can make people crazy, sometimes it can make people snobby. If you're famous, I think the change is unavoidable. And I doubt that the boys are anything what they used to be.

I guess one reason why I say this is because I hate being in denial. If it turned out to be true, that they were all prima donnas, I wouldn't want it to hurt me. In the words of Chris Crocker, "It's not the truth that hurts- it's the denial that hurts."

And I still love the band and the boys- but since I got into them for the music, it shouldn't matter to me whether they turn out to be like that.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 2nd, 2010 at 12:50am
That last part is a cool thing to say, murder tramp; I love them as much as the next person, but they could all very well have been total douchebags from the beginning. We don't know. All we know is we like the music so who cares. And the question about, "don't you trust bob?" ....well no not really. I don't know bob. He SEEMS like a really nice cool trustworthy guy, but I'm not going to decide what I think is the truth based on my assumptions about how nice he is.
Don't get mad at me, I'm just musing on the possibilities, worst-case-scenario and such. I personally believe they are probably all very nice people. But I also think it's very probable that fame could get to them. I mean they're not above nature. I think if I ever got famous, I have the potential to let it get to my head. I hope not and I would fight it like they have, but I can see how that stuff happens.
Anyway, someone asked for the article where gerard admits the money got to him:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/my-chemical-romance-admit-pandering_1136858
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 2nd, 2010 at 12:53am
And when I said "that's a cool thing to say," I meant because most people always blindly stick up for them no matter what, or else you're not a 'true' fan. I think it's ok to question, that doesn't make anyone less of a fan. All you need to be a fan is to like the music.
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
August 2nd, 2010 at 04:28am
StillNoUsername:

Anyway, someone asked for the article where gerard admits the money got to him:
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/my-chemical-romance-admit-pandering_1136858

Thank you.
I didn't understand the whole article because my english isn't that good.
However it seems that Gerard said The Black Parade was the product of safe decisions so people would like it.
In others interviews I remember him and Frank saying that making an epic record as The Black Parade is, really worried them,because it can be turned out as a falliure.
Because when you try to make something that huge it could turn out to be a great succes of a big falliure.
I'm a bit confused.

It's cool that we're arguing about how the boys are but I think that the ONLY pure album they made was Bullets,because they were not working with a major label.
And we all know that major labels put pressure on artists.
I remember in LOTMS how Benson forced the guys to repeat the choir during the songs,and in fact in the songs from Bullets there isn't that song stucture.
Bullets was the purest album they recorded.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 2nd, 2010 at 06:27am
Fear.Regret:
Thank you.
I didn't understand the whole article because my english isn't that good.
However it seems that Gerard said The Black Parade was the product of safe decisions so people would like it.
In others interviews I remember him and Frank saying that making an epic record as The Black Parade is, really worried them,because it can be turned out as a falliure.
Because when you try to make something that huge it could turn out to be a great succes of a big falliure.
I'm a bit confused.

I'm a bit confused too. The band always used to say how risky it was to make such an album as The Black Parade, and now G is claiming that it's actually the other way round.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 2nd, 2010 at 12:27pm
Ya, even before all this I wondered about how they said they took so many "risks," I don't find the album risky at all. I think it's boring. What he said in the article made me feel a little better about my treacherous opinion cuz he kind of validated it.
I absolutely agree about Bullets, I love that album.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 2nd, 2010 at 01:00pm
lycia.:
it's not very aggressive, imo. I fail to see how "i couldn't deal with divas" translates to aggressive...

... Using a contraction would make it seem as though he is unsure of what he wanted to say. And also there is a V in diva. V, X and a few other letters are very uncommon in the english language, using a word that has those in it, becomes very extreme. He also starts the sentance with I, meaning that he is only thinking of himself. He also uses the word 'deal' which is technically slang, and also would go along with my first support that he didn't know what he was saying.

Therefor, this makes what he said, completely unfavorable(for lack of a better word.).
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2010 at 02:15pm
Wait, what? What even.

I'm sorry, but that's a little bit crazy.

I just said "I'm", which is a contraction, and I'm pretty certain that I am sure what I want to say.

I fail to understand why the word "diva" makes the quote any more "extreme", as you put it, as something like "drama queen", which does not have a V in it.

He's expressing an opinion. When people express opinions they tend to start with I. Because it's THEIR own personal opinion. It doesn't mean he's only thinking about himself, it just means that he's expressing his opinion.

Most people, when making a passing comment to someone, speak as they normally do; they don't suddenly speak as if they swallowed a dictionary. If he usually uses such slang in everyday life, he'll continue to use it when talking to fans, it doesn't mean that he doesn't know what he's saying.

...lol. Just wow. WTF.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
August 2nd, 2010 at 02:28pm
Whoa English is my first language yet I wasn't aware that using a word with a V in it is Very extreme.

Jeez (must also be an extreme word since Z is probably also classed as an uncommon letter?) if he said it and did indeed start his sentence with 'I' then he was stating his opinion which he is quite entitled to. If it is true then he saw and dealt with it first hand - who are any of the fans to argue with him unless they also experienced it first hand?
My whole point is that we don't know what happened so as much as one person might think that Bob is a dick for saying that, there will be people who think the other members are dicks for acting that way.

It really annoys me about fans that they think band members can do no wrong, ever. Sorry folks but they are human, everyone messes up at some point and fame changes everyone who gets it in some way or another and not always in a good way!

I must also be one of the few who loves TBP - each to their own Wink
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
August 2nd, 2010 at 02:53pm
bob always seemed so private in interviews. i find it odd that bob would confide in some random kid about the reasons he left.
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 2nd, 2010 at 02:56pm
Plus I'm certain that it was just a random passing comment, and perhaps a joke, and we're not certain he said it anyway.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 2nd, 2010 at 03:00pm
Yeah, that's always true, too. Maybe even if he never said it, I'd still believe the part about the remaining boys being divas to be true. But I have no proof of my own. They've never done anything that would usually cause someone to think that.

StillNoUsername:
Now, rumor: Some kid on DeviantArt said he met Bob at Bamboozle and Bob said that he quit the band because he "couldn't deal with divas anymore," referring to the band.

Do you happen to have the link?
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
August 2nd, 2010 at 04:37pm
deafening_silence:
bob always seemed so private in interviews. i find it odd that bob would confide in some random kid about the reasons he left.
agreed.
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 2nd, 2010 at 06:34pm
I met Bob at the 2006 record release show in Fords, NJ and live a few towns away from Belleville where the band is from. I believe the alleged comment by Bob saying he "couldn't take the divas anymore" is entirely possible to be legitimate and probably likely.

It's true we don't know what happened but we can make certain assumptions based on the information we do have. Let's look at what we know: the band took a few months off, Bob had surgery to have a tendon in his wrist rebuilt and then had to deal with rehibiliation and basically re-learning how to use his hands and play drums, his dog was sent to him in a fucking box, he could no longer "beat the piss" out of his drums like he used to (which for a lot of drummers is near impossible). The band starts working a new album and keep changing the focus of the album. One day it's dirty punk songs, the next it's real rock n' roll songs, they keep changing focus and Gerard continues to run his mouth to every music magazine that will listen. Through all this the guy has gone through hell and no one can decide what direction the album should go in? I'm sure it just got old and from what was said by Gerard in AP and Spin insulting Green Day and Lady Gaga and then saying this album was the best thing they have ever written and that it's awesome before anyone has even had the chance to listen to it and juge it for themselves. Gerard came off arrogant and full of himself. I'm sure on top of all the stuff Bob was going through he didn't need this and the band wasn't really going anywhere. If you look at the videos of Gerard at Comic Con he is a lot more restrained and humble than he was in previous interviews before Bob's departure so it just makes this scenario that much more likely.

Then there's the possibility that Bob left because of his wrist. I doubt that is true because if it was, I'm sure Frank would have just said that and been honest with everyone instead of giving a vague answer. Most of the time when a band says a member has parted ways with the band, that's a euphemism that they were kicked out or it didn't end well. If Bob really did leave they would have said he left, not that the band and Bob parted ways. Frank then goes on to talk about how great the new album is coming along and to me at least that was not the appropriate place to say that after just telling everyone Bob was no longer in the band.

"We have been writing some very powerful new songs so this week the four of us entered the studio once again, and what has been ending up on tape each night is some of the most exciting and honest work we have ever created."

I met Bob and the rest of the band at the record release for The Black Parade in Fords, NJ in 2006. Everyone in the band except Gerard was really nice. Bob was amazingly nice to every fan giving us high fives and having real conversations with us (and talking to me about what drums I played and stuff). Gerard turned his back and ignored me and about 15 other kids who had waited hours in the freezing cold to see them play and then a couple more hours just to meet the band. According to other fans he's done this to them and others so it's not just one incident. I really looked up to him and it was definitely disheartening.

I'm sure a lot of people don't want to think of the band in a negative light and neither do I (who really does?). I can say that everyone especially Frank and Mikey were very nice (I met Frank after the record release for LeATHERMOUTH's XO and he was really nice and down to Earth). I'm sure Gerard isn't a bad guy but he defintiely has a big mouth and I think he knows it. Considering what Bob went through and how bad he wanted to play in a band and tour and record and be successful it must have taken something big over time to cause him to leave, if that is really even what happened. MCR doesn't exactly have a great track record with drummers (look at what happened to Matt Pelissier). Hell, the former drummer for the Used who made and named the band, Branden Steineckert, revealed yesterday on Facebook that he was kicked out of The Used for being too different and not wanting to drink and do drugs and The Used acted like he left the band too. So, who knows what happened with Bob.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 2nd, 2010 at 06:45pm
^ tyvm for having the guts to post that and backing up with relevant facts, not just coming in and posting "well what i said is right because i said it and you don't need proof". i can see and agree with everything you said.

And the thing about Branden and The Used makes me really sad too. =/
Michael Way.:

... Using a contraction would make it seem as though he is unsure of what he wanted to say. And also there is a V in diva. V, X and a few other letters are very uncommon in the english language, using a word that has those in it, becomes very extreme. He also starts the sentance with I, meaning that he is only thinking of himself. He also uses the word 'deal' which is technically slang, and also would go along with my first support that he didn't know what he was saying.

Therefor, this makes what he said, completely unfavorable(for lack of a better word.).
What? I seriously don't understand where any of this comes from, like, wtf? There's a 'v' in diva so it's an extreme sentence? What? That's my question, what? Xylophone has an x in it, saying: "My xylophone is cool!!" doesn't seem very extreme. He didn't know what he wanted to say, so that's extreme? I'm seriously boggled by this post.

So I think my main question is: what?
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
August 2nd, 2010 at 07:51pm
lycia.:
^ tyvm for having the guts to post that and backing up with relevant facts, not just coming in and posting "well what i said is right because i said it and you don't need proof". i can see and agree with everything you said.

I second this.

And I can totally see how Gerard is a douche. My sister met him once and he just seemed really shallow. He also asked not to have any contact with the fans. However, I know some other people who have met him and they said he's really nice, but quite shy. I have also met him and he was really nice to me. So I'm not really sure about that...
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
August 3rd, 2010 at 04:19am
murder tramp;:
lycia.:

I second this.

And I can totally see how Gerard is a douche. My sister met him once and he just seemed really shallow. He also asked not to have any contact with the fans. However, I know some other people who have met him and they said he's really nice, but quite shy. I have also met him and he was really nice to me. So I'm not really sure about that...

Well,I think that Gerard as all the others human beings can have good or bad days,can be happy or sad,can be tired or not.

He meets hundreds of kids every day and he can't be nice to everyone simply because at one poin he can get tired.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
August 3rd, 2010 at 12:15pm
I see that you guys are all "wtf" about what I said. I can understand. I'm just used to being able to have debates like that in my English classes, at my school. It's pretty much all we do in my English class, is pick apart dialog and quotes.
...I am also very passionate about the English language, which is quite interesting and beautiful if you really analyze it.

Sorry to bother everyone. Smile
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 3rd, 2010 at 12:29pm
Yeah, I'm an English geek as well, top of the class, all that jazz - but I still don't understand why you would go into such detail analysing something that was just a passing comment by someone who is certainly not a bard....
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 3rd, 2010 at 01:02pm
murder tramp;:

Do you happen to have the link?

Ya I'll post it tonight, I'm typing from my phone right now. Reading the comments on there is interesting cuz kids are basically agreeing with us. Usually on most sites everyone kicks your ass if you say anything against MCR, even if it might be true.
Sup cryptic, it's Claire hahaha