Don't have an account? Create one!

Rumors Thread

AuthorMessage
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 7th, 2010 at 06:50am
Rumour: The reason Frank gained weight was because he was on steroids, due to a disease that made his body produce to many enzymes.

Source: YouTube comment. And apparently AP has written about it, according to another comment.

Is this true? I would like to read that interview.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
August 7th, 2010 at 07:17am
^ I'm not sure it was mentioned in AP, but as I recall, he did tell someone that information over Twitter when they asked about his weight (I think they made some immature comment questioning whether he gained weight due to Gerard not being in love with him, though this is just a vague memory of mine). His response was: "ha actually it's cause I have a stomach condition where my body produces extra enzymes which causes me severe pain and I had to take different meds and steroids that made me gain weight super fast but thanks for asking"
I don't know if it's still on his profile anymore, as I know he's deleted many tweets. If it is still there, it will definitely be quite far back.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 7th, 2010 at 07:19am
oh alright, thank you.
i'll see if i can find it.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 7th, 2010 at 07:21am
He said this on Twitter in retaliation to someone who basically called him fat:

August 25th):
"ha actually it's cause I have a stomach condition where my body produces extra enzymes which causes me severe pain and I had ... to take different meds and steroids that made me gain weight super fast but thanks for asking"

I've not heard of any YouTube or AP article information about it but maybe I just missed that. Nevertheless, that rumour is true.

[/total late]

Regarding the drummers, I wouldn't want it to be Tucker, simply because I like him in Thursday. I think Dewees is a solid enough musician and the guys trust him. I still feel like they haven't got a drummer yet though. When would they announce something like this? I've never been present for stuff like this before, it always happened before I got into bands.
englishgothboy
Killjoy
englishgothboy
August 7th, 2010 at 09:07am
On the drummers: Thursday are in the studio recording in New Jersey, James is out with the get up kids and Pete was only hired on a short term emergency to help out with touring (he is actually in The Offspring - fact fans!!) as for my October comment which has a few people 'hot under the collar" i never said it was related to the new CD but perhaps something they do the best..........
Fear.Regret
Jazz Hands
Fear.Regret
August 7th, 2010 at 09:20am
James can't be the new drummer..I mean...He isn't supposed to play keybords and join the band?
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 7th, 2010 at 10:49am
^ He was their touring keyboardist during The Black Parade. There was a rumour that he might officially join the band for this album but nothing had been officially confirmed or announced.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 7th, 2010 at 12:46pm
englishgothboy:
as for my October comment which has a few people 'hot under the collar" i never said it was related to the new CD but perhaps something they do the best..........
I'm assuming touring then?

If that's the case the CD would most likely be released between September and October. Yep...
Jenny.
Jenny.
August 7th, 2010 at 02:28pm
^ Sounds like autumn to me.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 7th, 2010 at 03:05pm
lycia.:
englishgothboy:
as for my October comment which has a few people 'hot under the collar" i never said it was related to the new CD but perhaps something they do the best..........
I'm assuming touring then?

If that's the case the CD would most likely be released between September and October. Yep...

Don't they normally start their promo tours about a month or so before the album is released?
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 7th, 2010 at 03:07pm
I never think "promo tour", maybe a few shows but I thought major tours don't start til after the cd.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
August 7th, 2010 at 04:09pm
Oh yeah, true. I always just called them promo tours.
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 7th, 2010 at 07:16pm
Some girl on their website is starting shit about a fall tour like she knows something too, she said "it was just posted" but noone knows what she's talking about.

If they're gunna have it so soon they really need to start selling tickets like immediately. Usually there's a couple months beforehand where the buy-sell-and-scalp frenzy takes place. If they all the sudden announce an October tour everyone's going to be scrambling.
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
August 7th, 2010 at 07:23pm
brb, whipping out credit card for ticketz.

Yeah I agree, usually they warn people months before a show. But I'm not even completely sure anymore myself because things have been announced by fans before the band has released it to the public.

i.e somebody said that frank was having twins and bob was leaving the band before it was even posted on the website. I hope the tour rumor isn't true though because I really don't want to be scrambling for tickets.

-- edit: can i have a link to that please?
StillNoUsername
Killjoy
StillNoUsername
August 7th, 2010 at 07:31pm
Ya that's so true ha now anytime there's a rumor I tend to believe it after them ALWAYS being true in the end. Oh someone else just said gerard said at comic con that they would tour sometime in the fall.
I can't link it cuz I'm typing from my phone again but if you go now to the community it should be on page 2
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 8th, 2010 at 01:43am
Promotion for a new album usually starts a few months before the actual release so until we see hints of a design change or a new album release on the official sites, myspace, or twitter then we can't assume it will be out soon. I doubt September and October is even pushing it. We'll see what happens by the end of August.
Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
August 8th, 2010 at 07:54am
Yeah a fan met Gerard at Comic-Con and she told him that she wished the guys (the band) would come back soon and he replied with "We-we're actually gonna be touring in the fall."
Here's the link to her blog of Comic-Con with it in if anyone is interested (:
http://community.livejournal.com/chemicalromance/3284702.html#cutid1
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
August 9th, 2010 at 12:34am
their asses better come to buffalo, nobody seems to fucking like buffalo anymore...

as for the steroid thing, i seriously hate that he responded to that childish idiot with a genuine answer. =/ he shouldn't have felt the need to respond to the idiot side of the fandom (you know it exists, don't even pretend. girls who claim to be in love with mcr calling gerard gerald, it's "gerald's band", most of the people who post on their facebook, etc, etc.) seriously, but i guess that's just the kind of nice guy he is. =]

THIS is Ray's daughter apparently. Ahh facebook
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
August 9th, 2010 at 05:44am
lycia.:
aw, she's cute. whoever that is...

youtube rumour: gerard was bisexual. then he met lindsey and now he's straight.
CrypticDrummer
Killjoy
CrypticDrummer
August 9th, 2010 at 12:32pm
Paint It Black:
lycia.:
aw, she's cute. whoever that is...

youtube rumour: gerard was bisexual. then he met lindsey and now he's straight.

Not true. He's had girlfriends ever since the band went on the scene. In the liner notes for Bullets Gerard even wrote, "To K: I'm sorry I wrote all this stuff about killing you, I hope the last song makes up for it."

The whole thing with Bert was just two drunk dudes acting like idiots and with Frank it was just to piss people off.