Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 03:45am
Rh!annon:
Wait.... is there actually any evidence that they lied about Gees voice, or are people just jumping to conclusions?

People are jumping to concluuuuusions. Neutral As usual.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
March 4th, 2010 at 04:10am
so I'm curious...does this mean hes gonna move on to that solo career of his? Razz

/trying to lighten the mood.
quick_fixes
Jazz Hands
quick_fixes
March 4th, 2010 at 04:39am
oooh man I'm soo bummed Sad how long is this new album going to take now? they're still recording new songs??
Glitterlust
Salute You in Your Grave
Glitterlust
March 4th, 2010 at 04:54am
I'm so sad about this. Although I don't think it'll be quite the same without him, I think they'll be fine... it's just weird, and is going to be weird without him.
I feel stupid being this sad.. but i've only ever known the band with bob and it's a bit of a shock.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 4th, 2010 at 05:26am
crimes in the mosh.:

Lol. Thanks. That's what I figured. Now I can go on ignoring it. Smile
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 4th, 2010 at 05:30am
Rh!annon:

Lol. Thanks. That's what I figured. Now I can go on ignoring it. Smile

Haha yeah. As if it's not bad enough that the guy left, all these rumors.... )x
Chemical Addiction.
Awake and Unafraid
Chemical Addiction.
March 4th, 2010 at 07:08am
I'm gutted right now. MCR with Bob is all i've ever really known. It's upsetting that i'll never get to see them as i always remember them.
Oh Bob.
In a nutshell i agree with the comment lycia posted on the first page Sad
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 4th, 2010 at 07:34am
earth2themorgue:
so I'm curious...does this mean hes gonna move on to that solo career of his? Razz

/trying to lighten the mood.

LOL that was one of the first things I thought about after reading that XD

that would be pretty awesome if he did

But then I also thought about Bob's wrist injury. I wondered if that could be part of it or not.
Finnick Odair
In the Cannibal Glow
Finnick Odair
March 4th, 2010 at 07:38am
I will always love and support MCR as they are, even if I'm deeply saddened by Bob leaving. It won't feel the same without him.

Though a lot of people are calling the band liars, you have to remember that the band don't make the decisions--Warner Brothers do. Not about Bob, I hope, but if they told Frank to write a blog about Gerard's voice, he's gotta do it. I'm not saying it is a lie, but if it is it's Warner's lie. Not the band's.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 4th, 2010 at 07:46am
Please excuse this. I did not mean it.
See new post.
Harleen Quinzel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Harleen Quinzel.
March 4th, 2010 at 08:19am
I am incredibly saddened by this, like the majority of fans the band has always been those five people to me and the fact that one of them has left does spell the end of an era.

Not to attempt to discount the irrepressible impact each member has but MCR still includes four members that we all love and four people that need our support more than ever.

We should focus on the fact that they are continuing, it would be worse if they just gave up on the band like some fans will undoubtedly do after hearing the news. I am frustrated that we aren't told more but to be honest, I respect the band so much more for attempting to sort their problems out internally and not for posting every gritty detail.

As much as I want to know a concrete reason we have to respect their decision and since we have no idea why this occurred I am going to trust them, keep the faith and send positive thoughts. The last thing that the band and Bob would want is for us to panic, jump onto rumours or lose faith in something all of them helped to create.
werard gay.
Crash Queen
werard gay.
March 4th, 2010 at 08:30am
I am actually crying right now. I don't know what to say, really. This is really depressing. I still have to support the band no matter what although I'm not their biggest fan anymore. I don't even listen to them anymore. I'm just a fan rn.
I can't imagine My Chemical Romance with another drummer. I've known them with Bob, and now he's leaving. This totally sucks.
But Bob Bryar is definitely gonna be missed.
Hayley Williams
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Hayley Williams
March 4th, 2010 at 08:39am
crimes in the mosh.:
Rh!annon:
Wait.... is there actually any evidence that they lied about Gees voice, or are people just jumping to conclusions?

I wouldn't say they lied, but I think if Bob were still part of the band, they probably would've continued their tour in Australia. Maybe not lied, he was probably having issues with his voice, but maybe not to the extent where it was necessary for him to be taking time off.
Because we have to take into account the fact that he's had almost 2 years of vocal rest. So it doesn't really add up. In my head anyway :/
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
March 4th, 2010 at 08:41am
I read the MCR site as soon as I woke up because they've all been so quiet, and people were assuming things were up. I really don't know what to think yet, I guess it will sink in when people start seeing interviews without him, or photoshoots, or when they're playing live.

I can't help but feel sad, three cheers was literally the first CD I bought from a store. I know it's not the whole band splitting up but in a way, it feels like it is. Things won't be the same without him here. A lot of fans knew MCR with Bob, not without.

I feel like things are changing waaay too much, and now I'm definitely depending on the new album, because I think that will give me a good sense of who they're becoming. I also hope they keep Bob's stuff in the new album.

I wonder who the hell is going to replace him. And I pray for his soul because he has a helluva lot of live up too. /:
SisterOfTheRose
Jazz Hands
SisterOfTheRose
March 4th, 2010 at 09:35am
There's a part of me that keeps saying that Frank's just playing a cruel joke and that he'll send another post saying "Haha, fooled you all." So far he hasn't *sigh*
I'm really gonna miss Bob but he has to do what's right for him I suppose.
pure artistry.
Shotgun Sinner
pure artistry.
March 4th, 2010 at 09:47am
It sucks. It really does.

For me, Bob has always been a member of the band. The thought of him not being with MCR is awful. I mean, how can you not be heartbroken after this news?
I can't imagine the band ask him to leave/kick him out. Remember what Frank said years ago? "Bob and Toro are the two hardest working people I've ever met, and if there is a God, I thank him everyday for bringing us Bob."
So why would they want him to leave now? Sure, maybe he'd changed, but what do we know about that?

Anyway, when I entered this thread I was just unbelievably sad. But now, as I've been reading a few posts, I'm terrified. And I hate myself when I question my faith in whether they told the truth about Gerards voice or not. I mean, it is four weeks ago we heard the news about that, and now Frank/the band told us it is four weeks ago Bob left. Why would Bob decide to leave just days before/after/that day? Did he really left himself, or was he actually kicked out? Is everything well between them? Was there some kind of fight? Are they friends now? So many questions, and no answers.

There's so much right now, and I feel so sad, and also kind of mad, at the thought of them keeping the departure of Bob Bryar a secret for a month.

A wierd thing is that when MCR will be out and touring again, Bob will not be there. Everytime I thought of My Chem coming here, I thought that it was going to be all of them. Now, it'll be some other guy, that I'm sure I'll love (not in a fangirlie way), too. But it will not be the same. My Chem will never be the same.
Replacing him seems impossible.

Now, I don't think this decision was easy in any way, for any of them. But for all of my heart I hope they didn't kick him out. And I hope that the problem with Gee's voice wasn't some rumor they were forced to tell us to cover the loss of Bob.

And guys, don't take me wrong reading this post. During the last years, My Chemical Romance has been my life. I love them of all of my heart. But right now, everything in the MCR world seems to be such a mess. And my heart is aching, the thought of Bob not being a part of the band anymore still not accepted. It will take some time. I'm not sure I'll get over it.
I do really hope that Gee, Mikey, Ray & Frank will still be a part of the band, to the end. It's hard to see a member of your favourite band leave. I never thought I would have to experience it. But unfortunately, I had. And I feel sorry for every fan of the band, the members and Bob himself. It's hard to stand for everyone of us.

Sorry if I'm kind of melodramatic, and may even repeat some things. I'm so upset, and this is so much to take in.

I will always love them.
ciara.
Crash Queen
ciara.
March 4th, 2010 at 09:58am
I don't know what to feel anymore.
But I respect their decision.
Idk. This might not be what I wanted nor expected for. I swear, I've been crying for almost an hour over this now.
But I just learned that maybe I should stop expecting it to be all "good news" from them.
Just like how some of the bands fall apart and/or form back again, they're also just as fragile.

So much for expecting them always to please us. I guess that's the problem why many easily jump into conclusions. We expect too much. And I'm guilty of that too.
It's this news that made me realize that maybe we should stop expecting too much of them, respect them for their decisions, and move on.
It's not wrong to be upset. Let's just not blame the guys either. It's not gonna help. Sad
fiyahfiyah
Killjoy
fiyahfiyah
March 4th, 2010 at 10:11am
lycia...what do you think now?
Godyte
Killjoy
Godyte
March 4th, 2010 at 10:19am
A7x drummer left
and now MCR lost Bob
Hope they will find out a wonderful drummer like Bob
lisbeth salander.
Shotgun Sinner
lisbeth salander.
March 4th, 2010 at 10:30am
^ the rev died. he didn't leave voluntarily.

i'm not a fan of mcr anymore but i've always loved bob.
very sad. i wonder why he left.