Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
annaaloves
Bleeding on the Floor
annaaloves
March 4th, 2010 at 10:32am
i'm upset about bob leaving but not as upset as i thought i would be, i'm more shocked than anything else because i didn't hear any of the rumours about bob leaving so it sort of came out of the blue.
anyway, back to the point, i'm not upset about it because its not the end of the world, things like this happen to bands all the time, just because bob left doesn't mean MCR are going to end, hopefully, they will find another great drummer and the fans will grow to love that person as much as much as they loved Bob.
Don't get me wrong, the fact that Bob is gone is going to mean an end of an era for me aswell because like alot of people, i knew and loved MCR as Bob, Frank, Ray, Mikey and Gerard for 4 years and its going to feel wrong without Bob after all that time but you know what? its going to get better, it just seems bad now because everyones shocked by his departure, whatever the reason for Bob's departure was, it had to be for the best.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 4th, 2010 at 12:04pm
I'm not as much of a fan as I used to be, and Bob wasn't exactly close to my heart or anything- but it's a shame to see him go. I'm thinking that he had to go because of his wrist, or something.
Though I think one thing's for certain: Pelissier ain't coming back.
The Rumor
Awake and Unafraid
The Rumor
March 4th, 2010 at 12:17pm
I think Frank's title puts it appropriately: 'One chapter ends and another begins...'.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 4th, 2010 at 12:44pm
fiyahfiyah:
lycia...what do you think now?
As I've said previously, I always left the option open to whatever, but you posted no fact at the time. You showed no form of proof whatsoever, so I didn't fully believe it. I also do believe I wasn't the only one who showed their disbelief in you, I was the one who decided to talk to you personally. I even showed that I was considering what you said by the first post I made in the Rumors thread giving the most recent rumors.

Congrats, you won, have a cookie or something. No matter what you post it still won't make me believe that Gerard Way or any of the rest of the band are complete assholes to the bone. You may have been right, and hell you may be right about Frank's twins too, but until the proof comes out, then it's still a rumor, like I said. I'm not about to believe an anonymous internet person over the band themselves.
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
March 4th, 2010 at 01:24pm
This really does suck =/
I fell in love with them when I got Revenge. I'm going to sound so overemotional here but, listening to them became like a kind of therapy for me when I was having a really bad time in 2006/2007. I listened to Revenge on repeat all that time and it made me feel better in time. I owe them so much for that.

Now Bob has left it saddens me. I don't really listen to them much anymore, but they have and will always be an important part of my teenage life. After Bob joined MCR, that's when I fell in love with them. It won't be the same anymore without him, but there's still Frank, Gerard, Ray and Mikey =]
I love and respect those five guys so much, and all of them deserve to be happy, no matter what path they choose to take.
x
glitter geek.
Shotgun Sinner
glitter geek.
March 4th, 2010 at 01:50pm
Oh, no. When I read this my heart just kind of plummeted. It's so upsetting.

One CD with MCR just wasn't enough for me. I want him back. <3
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 4th, 2010 at 02:32pm
Wow. I don't know what to say.
I really hoped that it was all just rumors, and I'm so sad to hear that it was all true.

I hope they're not lying to us about Gerard's condition; they're usually honest guys, so maybe there is some truth in it (obviously I don't want Gerard to be sick, it's just that I would hate to have been lied to).

Anyway, what I really hope now is that they parted as friends.
Harleen Quinzel.
Bleeding on the Floor
Harleen Quinzel.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:34pm
Day Of The Dead:

I love and respect those five guys so much, and all of them deserve to be happy, no matter what path they choose to take.
x

Agreed, I hope that regardless of the reason for parting (if we ever find out) everyone can just look positively on the work they have created and look forward to the next chapter of MCR, without blame or being bitter.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 4th, 2010 at 02:39pm
I was reading through chemicalromance and saw this:

person 1 - maybe his wrists just never recovered? maybe they left on good terms? maybe maybe maybe, baby.

person 2 - That's my personal theory. That Bob's wrists started playing up again when they were recording. Because seriously, they had a damn long break, and playing while recording and touring is gonna be hard on his wrists. Maybe everyone thought he'd be okay, but the rigours of recording may have brought it all back. After all, they were recording with him for the new album. Then to announce that he's left the band after that's all done?

This doesn't sound like something they've been discussing for a while, or a Gerard-led conspiracy against Bob (and how he was made ringleader of this, I'll never understand. He may front the band and be half of the main creative team for their songs, but he doesn't seem like MCR's dictator to me). It sounds more like Bob coming to the conclusion that he probably won't be able to make it through a no doubt exhausting tour promoting the album, and bowing out now so the guys have a chance to at least find a touring drummer rather than leaving them in the lurch mid-tour when it will be harder to find someone in the last minute.

I choose to go with this.

I do not think that they lied about Soundwave, Gerard smokes and screams himself to death and I think it's true his voice is exhausted. I think we do deserve to know a little bit more, seeing as the true fans give their hearts and souls to them daily, but if they don't then it's their decision.

ngl, since I heard he's out, I'm not interested in hearing the new album at the moment. I could care less if they never release it right now, and I'm more worried about the fact of them lasting as a band now. Something with them doesn't feel right to me, I feel like they're becoming more distant and more interested in other aspects of their lives. I'm more angry and disappointed than sad, I know they're not completely entitled to tell us, but I think we deserve to know more. I want to believe that the above from chemicalromance is true, but there's a tiny little voice that says "oh, everybody lies, they lied to the fans about soundwave". even though soundwave doesn't affect me, I feel like there's something off.... idk

this is an all over the place, conflicting (notice conflicting cuz I contradict myself numerous times, I know this) emotion post, so yeah.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 4th, 2010 at 02:55pm
I was thinking about his wrists too, that maybe that's at least a part of the reason why he has left. I hope that they're letting us know more, it only seems fair to tell us fans, but it's up to them if they want to keep it to themselves. I don't want it to be the same as when Matt left (I didn't know about MCR at the time, but I have heard a lot about it). They thought of them not being friends almost saddens me more than Bob leaving.
Bow
Killjoy
Bow
March 4th, 2010 at 03:18pm
I hate to say it but it's always possible that the reason they didn't come out and say something earlier was they were giving him time and space. Sometimes people will make a decision and the people around them hope they will change their minds. As for the lack of emotion in the post, if I had known my bandmate was seriously unhappy and wanted to leave four weeks in advance well maybe they have all had time to get used to it. it's sad but I just hope they all parted friends, that way you never know there still could be a future. Sometimes all you need is space. can you image how annoying it must be to be so close to other people so much of the time? Even with their break. In fact coming back together after having so many life changing events in all their lives may have been what broke the camels back. I agree IF they did fib it was stupid and thoughtless, the fans on the whole are a pretty forgiving bunch but just be greatful the post wasn't WE ARE SPLITTING UP! When got the link I thought OMG thats it, they have thrown in the towel so in a way i'm relived. I just hope they are all happier for it. Now shall I duck and run for cover???Wink
Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
March 4th, 2010 at 03:27pm
Its disappointing that he's left the band, but so long the quality of the music doesn't suffer, I can't say I'm heartbroken.
It would be the same no matter who left.

That's just how I feel when it comes to bands, especially when its not one of the founding members leaving..
Cryptic
Killjoy
Cryptic
March 4th, 2010 at 03:32pm
It really disgusted me how on the MCR official site people seemed really okay with him leaving. They said too bad, but looked forward to the band's next album. I honestly can't say I feel the same.

My first My Chem show was at Vintage Vinyl on the night of their record release for The Black Parade. I was able to meet the band and Bob was the nicest out of all of them. He was the only one who actually had a conversation with me. I was young at the time and was fairly new to drums and he encouraged me to keep playing when I talked to him. I grew up playing to his drum parts and as a drummer this is like losing your idol.

A lot of people are saying that Bob left. If you read the post by Frank, it doesn't say he left anywhere in the post. "As of 4 weeks ago, My Chemical Romance and Bob Bryar parted ways. This was a painful decision for all of us to make and was not taken lightly." That's generally the generic answer a band gives when they don't want to say they kicked out a member. According to what I've heard, a fight was the cause. Considering MCR changed their focus several times (according to interviews with Gerard) I'm sure that was where the fight originated. Considering Bob snapped a tendon in his wrist playing for My Chem I don't think he would just quit after busting his ass time and time again for that band.

MCR has been my favorite band for years and inspired me a lot as a musician but at this point I really don't know if I will be a fan anymore. It seems that they can't write an album unless it has some big fucking meaning or unless it's a big deal. Sometimes you have to stop overthinking things and just write music.

I don't mean to offend anyone by my post but this seems to be the only place anyone would appreciate what I had to say.

P.S. I'm a guy too...so it's not just girls who are ticked off that Bob was removed. And if they kicked him out because of his wrists, they're ass holes.
ReadyFreddie.
Bulletproof Heart
ReadyFreddie.
March 4th, 2010 at 03:41pm
Cryptic:
I'm a guy too...so it's not just girls who are ticked off that Bob was removed. And if they kicked him out because of his wrists, they're ass holes.

I think that's a bit unfair. For all we know, Bob may have voluntarily gone because of his wrists. And even if he didn't, it's a good thing that they're looking out for his health.
As far as the blog post went, it looks like Frank just wanted it to read like an official statement. Although that I, too, thought that the short mention of Bryar in the second paragraph seemed like a "oh, by the way...", Frank probably wrote the para about the new album to calm readers who, understandably, would be concerned about their new dose of MCR. We all know that while Bob was in the band, the other guys loved him, and considered him a godsend. Losing him can't have been easy, and it would be wrong of us to assume so. Especially since these are guys who have spent years on the road together.
Sweet Pandemonium.
Bleeding on the Floor
Sweet Pandemonium.
March 4th, 2010 at 04:00pm
Glitterlust:
I'm so sad about this. Although I don't think it'll be quite the same without him, I think they'll be fine... it's just weird, and is going to be weird without him.
I feel stupid being this sad.. but i've only ever known the band with bob and it's a bit of a shock.

I'm gonna miss him so much, I can't imagine him being replaced.
I wish him all the luck for the future but MCR are not going to be the same without him.
the desperate ranks.
Always Born a Crime
the desperate ranks.
March 4th, 2010 at 04:16pm
When I saw the post, I was shocked... but a part of me wasn't.
I don't know why. I think it may very well have been an issue with his wrists, or maybe he just didn't want to do it anymore.
Maybe he felt it was his time to move on.

I really doubt it was a fight or something similar, but unless they explain into further detail, we probably will never know.
Regardless, I'm going to miss him and I really hope he'll be happy with his life post-MCR.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
March 4th, 2010 at 04:22pm
I would love to believe that Bob left due to his wrist injury (not that I want him to be injured, but I'd prefer if the reason was something beyond anyone's control rather than some sort of conflict), but the way Frank worded his blog causes me to doubt that that's what happened. He spoke of them "parting ways" and making a "painful decision", which implies that it was something intentional as opposed to an inevitable physical burden. I'm probably reading way too much into this, but just as I read over that post, I had difficulty matching the way Frank spoke of this to something like Bob's wrist. If it is Bob's wrist injury that caused him to leave, I would've thought Frank would've worded it much differently.

Of course, everything is an assumption, really. We won't know any real reasons until they are directly given to us from the band... if they're given to us from the band. Everything with My Chemical Romance does seem very up-in-the-air at the moment, and I'm not only saddened by Bob's departure but also the doubt I have that they'll be able to work through this as a band for very much longer. They seemed so confident and rearing to make music when they first began the production of this album, but now it just seems like everything is falling apart. Whether or not it was the sole reason for their cancellation at Soundwave, Gerard must have had some sort of vocal problem (it would be extremely unlikely that they'd flat-out lie or completely manipulate the truth) and now with Bob leaving, I'm doubting how much passion they'd still have for this job. I'm so worried that they're just going to grudgingly finish this new album, and then call it quits. After all, the last time they toured for The Black Parade they (admittedly) almost broke up by the end of it, and we were oblivious to this. Now that there are apparent problems that have even be confessed to us fans (even though they usually like to sort things out by themselves and not concern us until it's absolutely necessary) and I wonder if their hearts are still in it enough to carry on making music, touring, and keeping up with such demanding lifestyles. Not to mention, they all have other commitments now...

This post pretty much just turned into a vent to my worries for them. I filled in a lot of gaps with assumptions, so please don't take this as my opinion or beliefs; it's a messy, uncertain rant. I feel so disappointed that Bob ever had to leave, and I'm concerned for the future of MCR. I hope they can work through this. And I hope they can still be happy as a band.
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
March 4th, 2010 at 04:54pm
Well, I just found out and im quite upset. Its sad to see him go. But im sure whoever they chose to be the new drummer will be good as well. I will deeply miss him Sad
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
March 4th, 2010 at 05:00pm
After reading several posts, I think there's a possibility it could be the wrist injury. Perhaps it started acting up again and instead of getting better it only got worse, therefore it was a "painful decision" to let him go, because if it kept acting up, it wouldn't get better. I hope I make sense. Oh well.

And I'm also starting to think maybe they didn't lie about Gerard's voice or anything. Maybe it did start to get all whatever, and since he hadn't sang in so long, it wasn't used to him screaming so much or whatever. And it would really be out of character for them to lie about something like that and make all the fans worry like that. I really doubt they would want that. And they rarely lie about things like that. I can't really think of any time they said something that turned out to be false, so why now?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
March 4th, 2010 at 05:29pm
I honestly, wnat to say that I regret my post earlier. It was just beause I was upet.
I apologize. I love MCR nad Bob, and now that I have let it sink in and become a bit mature about it, I realized that I will support them no matter what.

Good luck to Bob, no matter where his life takes him.