Don't have an account? Create one!

Bob Leaves My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
Fleur-de-lis
Killjoy
Fleur-de-lis
March 4th, 2010 at 06:02pm
The guys went through a lot of shit recording the last album too, remember. But they got through it. I dunno. I have faith they'll get through this too... IF there's anything else going on besides Bob leaving which we don't know there is. I don't see why Frank would lie to us about things moving forward with the album if they weren't...Frank, out of all of the members, is the one I personally feel would be most honest with us about the situation.

And this probably sounds silly, but does anyone think this might have to do with the weird circumstances of the death of Bob's dog? I mean, we havn't heard from him since then. That's like when he went quiet. I think what happened really hurt him and changed him...Things like that do sometimes. I honestly think that was the "breaking point" for him. =/
look alive sunshine.
Shotgun Sinner
look alive sunshine.
March 4th, 2010 at 06:05pm
to be realistic, he most likely left because of his hand, remember how he went through all that therapy stuff and they said he'd never be able to quite get back to how he used to be? i'm assuming this is it.
he just couldn't drum the way he wanted to, or up to speed, or it hurt him too much?
i am shocked indeed, but when i thought back to that, i was not.....if that is truly the case. to me it just makes the most sense.

he's probably more disappointed with life in general than we are and for that, i am sad.

i was a fan of the band when matt was around and he left, yeah.... but bob. he was different. he made the band finally feel complete and right. he brought out the sarcastic/humourous side in all of them so it seemed. which was for the better in my opinion. heh. thinking of all the making of videos.

i just can't see another drummer taking his place and having it feel right, or being able to even begin apprecitating them as much as i did bob, no offense.

it just isn't the same. it doesn't feel right. it's not going to for a long time, if ever.

i feel bad for him and i hope he doesn't take it TOO hard. he was depressed back in the day because he always wanted a drumming career, but was just in the background. then he joined mcr. and now......back at square one.

yeah. the band, it's not complete anymore. and if he recorded everything for the new album and then doesn't tour with it, that's just.....=/ gonna be really hard all around. which i guess is probably the case.

i'm sure there are no harsh feelings between them at all, but then why didn't they just come out and say that it was due to his hand? that is where i have a little bit of doubt. but i don't really want to think about that one O_o

i sincerly wish him the best and hope we continue to hear from him now and again.
Sick Heart
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sick Heart
March 4th, 2010 at 07:03pm
I have been a fan for 8+ years. I am utterly shocked by Bob leaving. We'll carry on, as we always have, although we're beaten and feel betrayed.. He's still there..in our hearts, always.

I love you Bob. I'll miss you so much.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
March 4th, 2010 at 07:32pm
Wow...I didn't want to beleive the rumors, but I guess its true =[ I'm just in shock. Guess they don't have very good luck with drummers. I wonder why he left though... maybe because of his wrist surgery or whatever was wrong. I just hope there wasn't like some huge bitter fight or anything... I don't know it just makes me kind of sad.

I know they replaced matt, but I just can't see them replacing Bob. I mean I know some people say bnads replace members all the time, but he brought his awesome Bob-ness to the band...it just won't be the same. And it always just seemed right with Bob there, he completed the band. Well whatever went down, I hope he'll still be in contact with the rest of the band, and that he's okay.
Lily.
Killjoy
Lily.
March 4th, 2010 at 07:40pm
I'm shocked.
Don't really know how to feel right now...
My Chem isn't My Chem without Bob in my opinion...I've always known them with Bob, so it's going to be really weird to not see or hear him in interviews and performances...

*sighs* I hope this doesn't mean the end of My Chemical Romance...
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 4th, 2010 at 08:07pm
damn, that was fast. they've removed his number under the "follow us on twitter" and all of his blogs are gone.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
March 4th, 2010 at 09:03pm
deafening_silence:
damn, that was fast. they've removed his number under the "follow us on twitter" and all of his blogs are gone.
Can't imagine it would have taken that long to do. =/
stockholm syndrome.
Awake and Unafraid
stockholm syndrome.
March 4th, 2010 at 09:09pm
I still can't believe it. I'm going to miss Bob.
n___n
Killjoy
n___n
March 4th, 2010 at 10:21pm
I would have thought that at a time like this, the first thing I'd do is put on an MCR record, but right now, I don't really want to listen to it...
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
March 4th, 2010 at 10:25pm
Well, shit, I'm stunned! Definitely did not see this coming. It bums me out, because to me, Bob was the drummer for My Chem. I haven't really seen them in any other way. I wish him much luck and love though, Smile
scarecrow.
Jazz Hands
scarecrow.
March 4th, 2010 at 10:29pm
I can't get that nagging feeling away that there's more going on right now.
Sweet Iced Tea
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sweet Iced Tea
March 4th, 2010 at 10:47pm
I hope it was just his wrist,not saying that I want him to be in pain or anything...
Frankie-Oreo
Salute You in Your Grave
Frankie-Oreo
March 4th, 2010 at 11:57pm
Hmm, all the wrist talk seems to make sense. Do you think they did something like;
"Bob, you're struggling with your wrist and we feel that we need a stronger durmmer' or something like that?

Def Leppards drummer only has one arm and they're still touring!
/too soon?
KHelenaF
Killjoy
KHelenaF
March 5th, 2010 at 12:04am
Wow....I only read one rumor, and I immediately assumed it was some crap that a blogger made up for views, like Gerard's "car accident" a while ago. Anyway, I am still in shock, and in a bad mood. And crying =/ I was hoping so much for all those March 30th rumors to be right, but...not looking like it. I truly doubt that MCR would ever directly lie about the reason for cancelling shows, but I don't really doubt that Bob was at least a part of the reason.... As for why he left, I pray that they're still friends, and I'm stupidly clinging to the whole "Tyler left Aerosmith for 6 MONTHS! And he came back!" thing, but I doubt it. They probably waited this long to say something to make sure it was definite. But I hate that I never got to meet Bob, or see a cocert with what I will ALWAYS consider to be the "real" MCR lineup. I know this is horrible, but I do hope its because of his wrists. I want him to be okay, but....if it was forced and necessary for his health, I'd feel a bit less....mad. Because I always thought MCR was like a family. Anyway, I will ALWAYS love MCR, and I'll follow Bob wherever he goes. But I'm scared it wont be the same. I loved the first two albums, but I met them with Bob. I think he was a big part of the band. Please come back Bob, please keep his parts on the album, and please stop with the horrible news, MCR >.>
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
March 5th, 2010 at 02:23am
Hayley Williams:

I wouldn't say they lied, but I think if Bob were still part of the band, they probably would've continued their tour in Australia. Maybe not lied, he was probably having issues with his voice, but maybe not to the extent where it was necessary for him to be taking time off.
Because we have to take into account the fact that he's had almost 2 years of vocal rest. So it doesn't really add up. In my head anyway :/

Just a few things, 1 - it's not that hard to replace a drummer. They could have done it quite easily and not cancelled any shows. Bob was just a drum tech for them when he started playing for them. They have other techs that could have filled the role, plus a myriad of other drummers. And hell, there's that many fans who are probably drummers who know the drum tabs to all they're songs.

When Bob had the break because of his wrists, they found a replacement pretty quickly, didn't they?

Also, Gee may have had to years of vocal rest, but are we forgetting that it's not the strain by singing that's a problem. He's been smoking for those whole two years. He doesn't take care of his body. They haven't been touring and he hasn't been keeping his voice fit. For it to break down on him when they got back into the studio isn't surprising.

I think we should give the band a chance before we start crucifying them.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
March 5th, 2010 at 02:27am
I agree with the post above. I think we should wait and see what happens, if the band decides to tell us more, before we jump to conclusions.
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
March 5th, 2010 at 03:02am
Rh!annon:

Just a few things, 1 - it's not that hard to replace a drummer. They could have done it quite easily and not cancelled any shows. Bob was just a drum tech for them when he started playing for them. They have other techs that could have filled the role, plus a myriad of other drummers. And hell, there's that many fans who are probably drummers who know the drum tabs to all they're songs.

When Bob had the break because of his wrists, they found a replacement pretty quickly, didn't they?

Also, Gee may have had to years of vocal rest, but are we forgetting that it's not the strain by singing that's a problem. He's been smoking for those whole two years. He doesn't take care of his body. They haven't been touring and he hasn't been keeping his voice fit. For it to break down on him when they got back into the studio isn't surprising.

I think we should give the band a chance before we start crucifying them.

QFT. I agree with everything in this post. Faaar too many people are jumping to conclusions about the whole Soundwave thing.

Whatever it is, they'll tell us if they think we should know, or they won't if they find it'll be better for everyone to keep it under wraps. People may keep talking and making assumptions about what really went on, but the guys are the only ones who know the truth, and I guess we have to have a little faith in them, like it or not. IMO, not a good time to lose support for them and wonder about theories/what-could've-happened. Let's just focus on the positive side of things: at least they're not breaking up entirely (yet).
Young London.
Awake and Unafraid
Young London.
March 5th, 2010 at 05:21am
Aviv Geffen:
lycia.:
It's not the fact of albums, it's a fact that a good majority of the fans started their fan-ness with bob.
Exactly. That is the reason why I'm so down about this. I never had a chance to really experience Matt's drumming for myself, and I was introduced to the band with Bob as the drummer extraordinaire. And he was always one of my favourites. Even when I did go to my first MCR concert, he wasn't there because of his health, but I forgave him for that. It wasn't the same, but I know he would've wanted to be there.
I really do hope that they ended on good terms, but this is the end of an era now. Just...fuck. I'm really going to miss that boy.
KillJoys
Bulletproof Heart
KillJoys
March 5th, 2010 at 09:06am
You think it is the new album? This normally happens in bands, some one disagrees with the 'new sound' the rest of they band feel it is the right way to go, gang up push that person out till they just leave. I hope this wasn't the case for MCR. I remember seeing them in London and Gerard telling us to turn to our best friend and hug them. You always got that feeling of camaraderie with MCR.
Fleur-de-lis
Killjoy
Fleur-de-lis
March 5th, 2010 at 09:42am
Guys, just remember that bands gain and lose members and carry on ALL THE TIME. Some bands even lose frontmen and carry on. You don't need to make this into a massive drama before there's any proof that anything more is going on.